TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #31
djwilso

I am seeing an issue in the 20.2.1 HDUI when pausing Live TV. Pressing the Down Arrow button to dismiss the ad that pops up above the green progress bar does not dismiss the ad. The message "Press DOWN to hide" is there, but for me it is not doing anything.

I see the yellow remote LED on the Elite flashing, but the ad just stays there. Pressing Clear will remove the progress bar and the ad, but the ad comes right back the next time you go into pause mode.

EDIT: After pressing the TiVo button to display the menu and then pressing Zoom to go back to the show, NOW it is letting me dismiss the ad by pressing Down. The ad has a different appearance now in that it has a light blue selection box around it with an arrow pointing to the right. That light blue selection area was not there previously.

Last edited by djwilso : 05-11-2012 at 08:03 PM.
djwilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #32
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrizzo80 View Post
1.2.1.3 (Recently Watched) is definitely fixed (shows at least the last 5). I don't know if they fixed the issue or if it was just a quirk yesterday. I was in and out of the app a few times to rule that out.

1.2.1.4 (Vanishing Text when scrolling) I haven't seen this today, but harder to say conclusively if this is fixed as well.
This does bring up an interesting dilemma. Based on my understanding, since the Netflix and Youtube apps are downloaded when needed and updated by third parties, things can be changed, fixed, or broken independently of the TiVo software/firmware version. Tracking that might be difficult or impossible now. And how are we supposed to know which "version" we are running of third-party apps? There is are no versions info in "system information"....
Old 05-11-2012, 11:55 PM   #33
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

I just got 20.2.1.1. First observations --

"Netflix ESN" now appears in the System Information menu, just under "TiVo Service Number".

HME transparency bug (5.6) is fixed, at least as far as Reversi is concerned.

Broken metadata (5.5) is partly fixed -- the .TiVo data is being received and used, although the TiVoVideoDetails stuff still isn't. For pyTivo's purposes, this means browsing shares is still a bit off, but transferred programs seem to have their complete data.

The HDUI is still not requesting icons for HME apps (except TiVo's own). I don't think this was on your list, but it dates to at least 20.2.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:26 AM   #34
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Broken metadata (5.5) is partly fixed -- the .TiVo data is being received and used, although the TiVoVideoDetails stuff still isn't. For pyTivo's purposes, this means browsing shares is still a bit off, but transferred programs seem to have their complete data.
Does this also mean that the episode numbers are populating the correct spot? I know with the new channel banners it wasn't before and instead was showing 0-0 along with no episode name.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #35
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
I just got 20.2.1.1. First observations --

"Netflix ESN" now appears in the System Information menu, just under "TiVo Service Number".
I noticed that yesterday and wondered if it was new or not

All stuff added.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #36
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrizzo80 View Post
1.2.1.3 (Recently Watched) is definitely fixed (shows at least the last 5). I don't know if they fixed the issue or if it was just a quirk yesterday. I was in and out of the app a few times to rule that out.

1.2.1.4 (Vanishing Text when scrolling) I haven't seen this today, but harder to say conclusively if this is fixed as well.
Sound safe to remove 1.2.1.3, then, which I am doing.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:02 AM   #37
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

I am going to remove the Slide Remote Glitching issue. A simple reset (power cycled the remote) seemed to have instantly fixed all my glitching, and at least one other person has confirmed. It might be a problem worth reporting but it doesn't APPEAR to be a problem with the TiVo (as the issue even survives rebooting and dongle removal/readd).
Old 05-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #38
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
Does this also mean that the episode numbers are populating the correct spot?
Yes, episode numbers are working.

Quote:
I know with the new channel banners it wasn't before and instead was showing 0-0 along with no episode name.
OK, let me rephrase that: Episode numbers are working in the SDUI. I'm not sure what extra data is required for them to appear in the HDUI, but apparently something is needed that pyTivo isn't providing. :/

Old 05-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #39
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
Does this also mean that the episode numbers are populating the correct spot? I know with the new channel banners it wasn't before and instead was showing 0-0 along with no episode name.
The 0-0 is not the episode #. It is the displayMajorNumber and the callsign. That was never broken. The problem with that information is that it isn't stored in the .tivo file. If you have it in the metadata for a non .tivo file, it shows up just fine.

The HDUI Season and Episode never worked for a non .tivo file. I don't remember if they worked for a .tivo file on 14.8. I think it is possible that it is based on the <program> level <uniqueId>, but I do not know for sure. I tried to test it at one point but all I succeeded in doing was crashing the TiVo. If it is working for .tivo files on 20.2.1.1, I may try again once my TiVo is updated although I am not even sure that what I will be doing is even the right way to do it.

Episode title works for a currently active series. It appears in quotes at the beginning of the description.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #40
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

I've tried passing the uniqueId, but it kept the transfer from working at all. That was in an older version, though... I'll see what it does now.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #41
cherry ghost

I don't know if it ever made the last changelog, but switching between two shows recording at the same time now resumes from where I left off rather than starting from the beginning. It didn't happen all the time, but was a huge pain when it didn't work properly.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #42
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
I don't know if it ever made the last changelog, but switching between two shows recording at the same time now resumes from where I left off rather than starting from the beginning. It didn't happen all the time, but was a huge pain when it didn't work properly.
So you are saying a problem that was not previously noted is now fixed?
Old 05-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #43
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

I have been unable to replicate the 20.2 problem where I stop and delete recordings quickly and end up with an "undeletable" program (not deletable until playback is attempted and it gives an error, then you can delete it). It used to be pretty consistent when stopping two suggestions recording at once. Hasn't been quite long enough for me to decide it is "fixed" yet, since it seems like often when I declare such things fixed, they immediately prove me wrong :/

I also noticed they have apparently "upped" the refresh rate during rapid deletions. It seems more "aggressive" than before.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #44
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
So you are saying a problem that was not previously noted is now fixed?
looks like like it was previously noted - 3.2.5 in the 20.2 changelog

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=481338
Old 05-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #45
SandDune

From the 20.2 list, I can confirm that 3.2.9 has been fixed in the latest version. This makes me happy.

Andrew
SandDune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #46
dcstager
1st Gen Tivo Owner

Bug that I still have that didn't get fixed has to do with the sound output from digital optical output. Running the Hulu Plus, Netflix, or YouTube apps somehow screws up Dolby Digital output on the digital optical output because it's PCM no matter what you do to your receiver until you re-boot the Tivo. All troubleshooting steps followed - it's the Tivo. Also, still getting soft reboot if you try and update your season passes at Tivo.com. It likewise restores deleted season passes from Tivo.com so you have to delete it online and on the Tivo before the Tivo reconnects to the mothership. Definitely screwed up somewhere.
dcstager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #47
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:

Added!
Old 05-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #48
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandDune View Post
From the 20.2 list, I can confirm that 3.2.9 has been fixed in the latest version. This makes me happy.

Andrew
Added!
Old 05-14-2012, 04:28 PM   #49
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
I have been unable to replicate the 20.2 problem where I stop and delete recordings quickly and end up with an "undeletable" program (not deletable until playback is attempted and it gives an error, then you can delete it). It used to be pretty consistent when stopping two suggestions recording at once. Hasn't been quite long enough for me to decide it is "fixed" yet, since it seems like often when I declare such things fixed, they immediately prove me wrong :/
I am pretty sure this is fixed now.
Also looks like the problems with "Stop and Delete" are also fixed.
Added both.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #50
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstager View Post
Bug that I still have that didn't get fixed has to do with the sound output from digital optical output. Running the Hulu Plus, Netflix, or YouTube apps somehow screws up Dolby Digital output on the digital optical output because it's PCM no matter what you do to your receiver until you re-boot the Tivo. All troubleshooting steps followed - it's the Tivo.
Is this a new problem? I can't find reference to them as existing problems in the changelog or through searching the forum.

For the optical: I use nothing but optical, and the YouTube program did not mess mine up at all. Continues on in Dolby Digital for me. Are you sure it is not somehow your amplifier?

Quote:
Also, still getting soft reboot if you try and update your season passes at Tivo.com. It likewise restores deleted season passes from Tivo.com so you have to delete it online and on the Tivo before the Tivo reconnects to the mothership. Definitely screwed up somewhere.
Same as above, I see no previous references. Would love confirmation, sounds juicy!
Old 05-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #51
TerpBE
Go Terps!

Has anybody else noticed that the replay doesn't work at the beginning of the buffer or a recorded show? Previously if you were just a couple of seconds in, you could hit replay and it would jump to the beginning. Now, it doesn't do anything unless you're already well into the playback (8 seconds maybe?).
TerpBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #52
moyekj

Quote:
OK, let me rephrase that: Episode numbers are working in the SDUI. I'm not sure what extra data is required for them to appear in the HDUI, but apparently something is needed that pyTivo isn't providing. :/
HDUI connects to TiVo servers on the fly to get some of the information shown to the right of a show in My Shows including the episode information I believe, so there's probably a show ID of some sort used to obtain the info from TiVo servers. (That's part of the reason it's sluggish vs SDUI).

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #53
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpBE View Post
Has anybody else noticed that the replay doesn't work at the beginning of the buffer or a recorded show? Previously if you were just a couple of seconds in, you could hit replay and it would jump to the beginning. Now, it doesn't do anything unless you're already well into the playback (8 seconds maybe?).
I am always amazed at what people find.

It appears to be 5 seconds. AND it is not just the replay button! You can't go back AT ALL, even using rewind, until 5 seconds has elapsed. Are we sure it wasn't this way before? Seems like a strange thing to suddenly change.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:53 PM   #54
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
I am always amazed at what people find.

It appears to be 5 seconds. AND it is not just the replay button! You can't go back AT ALL, even using rewind, until 5 seconds has elapsed. Are we sure it wasn't this way before? Seems like a strange thing to suddenly change.
Just tried it out on a Music Video I uploaded with pytivo. 4min Music Videos uploaded using pytivo often start out with audio and video not quite synced, so I typically would immediately use the replay button to get back to the beginning.

Yes this behavior is NEW. I must wait now 5 seconds to use replay or rewind.

CoxInPHX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #55
rivered

I'm getting a popping sound from my speakers when I change channels, wasn't a problem before this new update. I'm using an optical cable to a HK 245 receiver.
rivered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #56
rcobourn
Registered Snoozer

Quote:

This problem is not fixed... although it may only happen for long recordings. I was recording a baseball game last night (4.5 hours) and switching back and forth between the game and other recordings. The baseball game was usually (always?) back at the beginning when I returned to it despite leaving it paused. This appears to be unchanged from the previous software release.
rcobourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:35 AM   #57
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcobourn View Post
This problem is not fixed... although it may only happen for long recordings. I was recording a baseball game last night (4.5 hours) and switching back and forth between the game and other recordings. The baseball game was usually (always?) back at the beginning when I returned to it despite leaving it paused. This appears to be unchanged from the previous software release.
Well that sucks. Were you always hitting pause before switching to another recording? I didn't test it that way since it shouldn't be necessary, but I was also not testing on long recordings.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #58
rcobourn
Registered Snoozer

Quote:
Well that sucks. Were you always hitting pause before switching to another recording? I didn't test it that way since it shouldn't be necessary, but I was also not testing on long recordings.
I've gotten in the habit of hitting pause before switching just so I can be extra annoyed that it didn't pause. Truth is, the bug saves me a lot of time because I usually just skip to real time and miss a bunch of the game.
rcobourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #59
lpwcomp

Quote:
Either I am confused or you are. I think that what he is talking about is using the "swap" button to switch between two things being recorded in "live" TV, not switching between two items in the NPL. You absolutely must pause when swapping. Otherwise, you are positioned at the end when you swap back.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:34 PM   #60
chetw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpBE View Post
Similarly, if you press the skip button (when set to 30 second skip and not scan) and you are already at the live point (i.e. you are recording a live program and you start watching it and you catch up to live) the skip button will do nothing. In previous releases, it would hiccup -- with a slight pause of the playstream and then jumping back to live playing.
chetw is offline   Reply With Quote