Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-08-2013, 04:53 AM   #1
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

The Bachelor season 17 - Sean Lowe - OAD 1/7/13

Anyone watch?

That was pretty wild w/the girl showing up in a wedding dress. I was surprised that she wasn't wedding dress designer.

The drunk girl was a hoot.

I was surprised to see Kacie and Paige.

From the roses that were handed out before the ceremony, it seems he prefers brunettes.

I wonder if I can edit the title after people reply to it.

edit: It seems that I can't edit the thread's title after folks have replied.

Last edited by cwerdna : 01-08-2013 at 03:33 PM.
cwerdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #2
tiams

Some thoughts:

I felt so sad when the one woman said she can only conclude that she is single because she only has one arm.

Ashley P (50 shades woman) really embarrassed herself.

I wish the Bachelor was Arie, but I liked Sean more than I thought I would.

I don't see this season being very good, but of course I will watch.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #3
Shaunnick

Drunk girl was awesome. I had hoped he would hand out a rose to her for entertainment down the road but Sean seems like a reserved guy who really wants to find someone.

Glad to see Kacie B. back. I thought Ben was stupid for passing on her, even with her family's traditional values.

Watching the previews for this season, it looks like it will be one wild ride.
Shaunnick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
InterMurph

The sit-down with Arie revealed that Sean is a dullard compared to Arie.

But had they chosen Arie to be the Bachelor, I'm sure he would have subsumed his personality to fit the Bachelor mold: chaste, family-oriented dullards.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #5
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
Glad to see Kacie B. back. I thought Ben was stupid for passing on her, even with her family's traditional values.
Sweet! I just so happened to catch my Tivo recording this last night from a SP I forgot to delete. I wasn't planning on watching this but I will with Kacie B. back.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #6
nyny523
Oy

This is my very first Bachelor season - my first Bachelorette season was the last, so I know who Sean is (boring) but I don't know who Kacie is.

They should have picked Ari - he is much hawter than Sean, and much more interesting and exciting.

Sean is just...bleh. He is nice to look at, I guess, but for how long can that be interesting?

Since this is my first season, I am interested in seeing if the girls are worse than the guys behind the scenes...
Old 01-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #7
mcb08
Hoya for life!!

Any predictions/front-runners? My money is on Tierra. A good drinking game would be to take a drink every time there's a shot of Sean without his shirt on.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #8
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
This is my very first Bachelor season - my first Bachelorette season was the last, so I know who Sean is (boring) but I don't know who Kacie is....

Since this is my first season, I am interested in seeing if the girls are worse than the guys behind the scenes...
I don't really watch The Bachelorette anymore (watched the 1st season and then my interest went really downhill after Meredith) but the claws really come out between the women on The Bachelor.

It always seems like they're pretty good at casting at least one bad girl who doesn't get along w/other girls, to stir things up.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #9
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
My wife and I are in. We only watched the first hour (I hate all these two hour reality shows they have now, it's too much at once) but it's looking like an interesting group of gals. I too wanted it to be Arie but we get what we get. It's the Bachelor... One of my fave guilty pleasures.

Any bets on which one of the Girls will be the "hated by all the other girls" Villain? You know, the one they have every season that all the other girls hate and tell the Bachelor that she's there for the wrong reasons? I'd say there a couple of good candidates for that title. That singer/entertainer girl who sang to Sean in the first 2 minutes of meeting him is high on my list.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #10
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
My wife and I are in. We only watched the first hour (I hate all these two hour reality shows they have now, it's too much at once) but it's looking like an interesting group of gals. I too wanted it to be Arie but we get what we get. It's the Bachelor... One of my fave guilty pleasures.

Any bets on which one of the Girls will be the "hated by all the other girls" Villain? You know, the one they have every season that all the other girls hate and tell the Bachelor that she's there for the wrong reasons? I'd say there a couple of good candidates for that title. That singer/entertainer girl who sang to Sean in the first 2 minutes of meeting him is high on my list.
She got bounced in the first episode - no rose for her!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #11
tiams

I read on ew.com that Arie was the first choice and turned it down because of he has a career as a race car driver.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #12
InterMurph

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I read on ew.com that Arie was the first choice and turned it down because of he has a career as a race car driver.
Career, eh? Looks like he hasn't raced since 2010 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arie_Lu...racing_results).

I think he's just enjoying the benefits of being a good-looking Bachelorette loser, and has no interest in pretending to search for his true love again.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:29 AM   #13
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterMurph View Post
Career, eh? Looks like he hasn't raced since 2010 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arie_Lu...racing_results).

I think he's just enjoying the benefits of being a good-looking Bachelorette loser, and has no interest in pretending to search for his true love again.
It would have bee more accurate if I had said he turned it down in order to resume his career.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...168220726.html
XYQ, Inc. announced today that professional race car driver, "The Bachelorette" finalist and NBC Sports analyst Arie Luyendyk Jr. WILL NOT participate in ABC's hit reality show "The Bachelor" this season in order to resume his career on the race track.

Luyendyk says his first priority has always been racing. "'The Bachelorette' was an amazing experience but I will not continue with 'The Bachelor'; ultimately I realized my heart is tied to the race track and my career is my main priority. I'm looking forward to getting back on the track," said Luyendyk. "I have built a great relationship with XYQ this season and am looking forward to working closely with them to achieve my goals."

PR Newswire (http://s.tt/1meEK)
Old 01-10-2013, 06:44 AM   #14
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

She looked awfully familiar to me:

Bachelorette Leslie at the 8:55 mark. Proof most of these contestants are really looking for fame, not love.

Leslie on Take Me Out on FOX

gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #15
mcb08
Hoya for life!!

I'm not sure how that is proof of anything. Other than that her date with the guy on that show didn't work out.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #16
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
She looked awfully familiar to me:

Bachelorette Leslie at the 8:55 mark. Proof most of these contestants are really looking for fame, not love.

Leslie on Take Me Out on FOX
Since Take Me Out was also about finding a love connection, the argument could be made that she is serious about finding a love connection and not just looking for fame.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:29 AM   #17
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
Are you going to watch the 2nd hour?

I too hate 2+ hour long reality shows. Starts to become too much of a time commitment.