TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-28-2012, 07:27 AM   #1
davisob

on screen clock

i just bought the premiere XL4 tivo box and prior to the cable card being installed, I pushed the select-play-select-9-select sequence and the on screen clock came on but now the day afte the cable card was installed, the clock disappeared. When i try to do the same sequence the playing of a recording goes away as soon as i push select and the guide comes up and then goes to channel 9, as that is being pushed of course. is there another way of bringing on the on screen clock. i am very used to that. thanks
davisob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:10 AM   #2
rambler

I think I read you should add another SELECT to the start of that sequence.
rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:13 AM   #3
malikinam

the premiere XL4 tivo box i a good device i like it very much and i have use it many time, now i want to know more bout that..
malikinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #4
davisob

I tried to push select twice but the first time i push it goes to the guide and therefore removes it from playing a recording. The second time i pushed it it went to that channel in the guide so it still does not work.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #5
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisob View Post
I tried to push select twice but the first time i push it goes to the guide and therefore removes it from playing a recording. The second time i pushed it it went to that channel in the guide so it still does not work.
Do it while watching Live TV, not a recording.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
davisob

I just figured out what happened. I had changed the settings of "choose tv menus" and made it widescreen. I just put it back to standard and now when i push select and the rest of the sequence it worked. i guess i am just learning this box. so far the videos are good. the only problem i have is that i can only move recorded tv from my old box that was recorded on ONLY local channels. If it is SyFy or USA or any other channel but local ones it will not move. Therefore i will need to clear out all of those shows like Warehouse 13 or Being Human before i can move the older box
Old 05-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #7
sharkster

I had the clock disappear on one of my Premieres and can't get it back. No biggie, but what irks me is that after I tried that I went back to streaming a show from the other box and now none of the shows offer 'watch', only 'transfer' and 'delete'. argh

I think I forgot to go back to 'live tv' to do all the select select, etc, crap and messed something up. Does anybody know how to fix it? What happened is that it took away my MRS options. dammit
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote