TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #31
kettledrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer2006 View Post
it will be a great injustice if Kim isn't awarded the title - at the very least, she ought to be the people's vote for the 100k.
Where do we vote for the 100k? Couldn't find it on the survivor website....
kettledrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #32
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
Not going to happen, Kim has the immunity idol.
She didn't play it last tribal council. If she doesn't expect anything, why would she play it next time?
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #33
Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
She didn't play it last tribal council. If she doesn't expect anything, why would she play it next time?
Doesnt it HAVE to be played by a certain time?
Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #34
chsscgas

Quote:
Because it is the last time she can play it and why take any chance of being voted off?
chsscgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #35
VegasVic
Craps Player

Yup, it's only good until it's down to 4. Unless she wins immunity it would be dumb not to play it.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #36
Jeeters
Registered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
Not going to happen, Kim has the immunity idol.
Quote:
Because it will be the last time she can play it, so there's no reason to keep it any longer.

I don't remember if everybody knows she has the idol or not. I remember her telling Chelsea. If they don't all know she has it, she may decide to not play it if she feels safe enough, as then people may feel resentment for her keeping it a secret, even jury members.

On the other hand, if they all already know, she'd be nuts not play to it no matter how confident she feels.
Jeeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #37
stellie93

If she wins immunity, which let's face it, is a good chance, she could give it to someone else--that could be interesting.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:00 PM   #38
pmyers

The ONLY way that Alicia or Christina could win the $1mill would have been to take Tarzan.

Does anybody disagree with that?
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #39
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
The ONLY way that Alicia or Christina could win the $1mill would have been to take Tarzan.

Does anybody disagree with that?
I don't think they win even then.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #40
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
The problem is that this season has just been the Kim show and she's not that likeable (IMO). Everything's gone her way, the only real power struggle was when Troyzan tried to reason with the bottom-rung players.

Yes, there have been other seasons with dominating players (like firefighter Tom Westman), but they've generally been more likeable. And in most seasons, there are some interesting shifts in the tribes' moods and leaders.
I don't see what is unlikable about Kim. She's been extremely nice to everyone. Her "strategery" has been very skilled and stealthy. Everyone knows she's in control, but nobody has had any blowouts with her and everyone left still thinks they're in her plans for final three. I find it pretty amazing that she's been able to keep everyone together and prevent any real challenge to her control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeters View Post
Because it will be the last time she can play it, so there's no reason to keep it any longer.

I don't remember if everybody knows she has the idol or not. I remember her telling Chelsea. If they don't all know she has it, she may decide to not play it if she feels safe enough, as then people may feel resentment for her keeping it a secret, even jury members.

On the other hand, if they all already know, she'd be nuts not play to it no matter how confident she feels.
If everyone knows she has the HII, then there's really no reason for her to play it, because they'll assume she's going to and will vote accordingly. There aren't enough players left to split the vote. She can play it if she wants to, but it won't be necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
I don't think they win even then.
You're probably just being funny, but you don't think Alicia or Christina could win if the final three were the two of them and Tarzan? Are you saying that you think Tarzan would win in that scenario?
Old 05-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #41
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
You're probably just being funny, but you don't think Alicia or Christina could win if the final three were the two of them and Tarzan? Are you saying that you think Tarzan would win in that scenario?
Yes, against Alicia and Christina I think he wins. Probst agrees, check out the Q&A with Dalton from this week.

meh
Old 05-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #42
pmyers

Quote:
Yes, against Alicia and Christina I think he wins. Probst agrees, check out the Q&A with Dalton from this week.
Maybe, but they certainly would have a better chance against him than kim/chelsea
Old 05-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #43
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Maybe, but they certainly would have a better chance against him than kim/chelsea
No doubt about that!

At this point I really hope Kim, Chelsea, and Sabrina are the final 3. They've all played a respectable game and we might finally have a final 3 where all 3 are in contention. I don't think that's ever happened before. Usually it's really a final 2 plus 1 that has no chance at all.

meh
Old 05-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #44
Necromancer2006

Quote:
No doubt about that!

At this point I really hope Kim, Chelsea, and Sabrina are the final 3. They've all played a respectable game and we might finally have a final 3 where all 3 are in contention. I don't think that's ever happened before. Usually it's really a final 2 plus 1 that has no chance at all.
I think with those three, I wonder if Chelsea is the odd man out??

Sabrina rallied the women in the beginning being a very capable leader. Kim has the skills to get you to do what she wants you to do while making you think that it was your idea and in your best interests to do so. What has Chelsea done? (and I don't mean that in a disrespectful way at all, just trying to come up with an argument for her case to win)
Necromancer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #45
jradosh
Newlywed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer2006 View Post
What has Chelsea done? (and I don't mean that in a disrespectful way at all, just trying to come up with an argument for her case to win)
She had her boobs done and it is a mostly-male jury, and Chelsea hasn't pissed off Kat.

She could win.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #46
Amnesia
The Question

Not just because of her fake boobs, but people might vote for her because they won't see her as the architect of their ouster...
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #47
mostman

I think that some of you that think everyone is a moron this season are underestimating the impact Kim has had. She has played a near flawless game and it showed last night. Everyone that would have figured her out is sitting on the jury and the rest she has control of.
mostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #48
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

I do like Tarzan's game, though. It is almost exactly what I would do (I am also "old" and way past my prime for challenges). Band with the women and get the men out, then have the women fight among themselves, and go to the final 3 as a "nobody will vote for him".

His mistake is that he should have made sure the women did not have a mastermind like Kim. The others have zero brains and could have easily been played off against one another.
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #49
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Oh, about that hook challenge: did Jeff say they had to pick up each hook off the ground with another? IOW, could you lay them down on the ground hooked into each other and then lift them all up at once?
Old 05-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #50
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
From past seasons, I believe that challenge was you pick up the first hook by hand (obviously) and all subsequent hooks using just the hooks.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #51
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
From past seasons, I believe that challenge was you pick up the first hook by hand (obviously) and all subsequent hooks using just the hooks.
so laying out the hooks first would be cheating? if laid out properly, picking them up would be easy!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #52
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
so laying out the hooks first would be cheating? if laid out properly, picking them up would be easy!
Oh, not sure about that. I read your post to mean laying the hooks out with their tails "entwined" so they were already connected on the ground, then just picking them up. Not sure about, for example, laying them out so they don't touch each other in a desired position, then picking them up as instructed.

I imagine it's a matter of picking up the first, then you cannot touch the others with your hands - only with the first or subsequent hooks. It would be too easy to stand them all up in the sand for easy picking - I really don't believe that would be allowed at all.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #53
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
Oh, not sure about that. I read your post to mean laying the hooks out with their tails "entwined" so they were already connected on the ground, then just picking them up. Not sure about, for example, laying them out so they don't touch each other in a desired position, then picking them up as instructed.

I imagine it's a matter of picking up the first, then you cannot touch the others with your hands - only with the first or subsequent hooks. It would be too easy to stand them all up in the sand for easy picking - I really don't believe that would be allowed at all.
You understood me perfectly. That is what I initially meant. Once you clarified that you couldn't do what I wanted, I tried to still find a way around the rules

something people who play fantasy football with me are all-too-familiar with
Old 05-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #54
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
I think the hooks were already laid out for you, and none of them were touching.

Come join us October 5-12, 2014!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #55
getreal
postcrastinator

Was there a rule excluding the use of your feet to help manipulate the hooks?

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #56
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
Was there a rule excluding the use of your feet to help manipulate the hooks?
You think like I do. I'd probably get kicked off the show for some rule violation. Lol
Old 05-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #57
stalemate
McGruber

I noticed one of the hooks (the one they were holding) had a red area at the end where they were holding it. My guess is there was a rule that the red is the only part you can touch with your body.

stalemate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #58
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

They've had that fish bone challenge before and I think the bones should have to be in the right order length-wise. More challenging.

sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #59
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushikitten View Post
They've had that fish bone challenge before and I think the bones should have to be in the right order length-wise. More challenging.
I don't think all the sticks fit in all the holes... they had to find the ones that they fit in, so if they were ordered that would have been easier. Although my OCD wished that they had made it so they were ordered.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #60
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushikitten View Post
I noticed that too which made me wonder if it even matters what piece goes where or if it's more about balancing it.