TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
VegasVic
Craps Player

Survivor - 5/9/12

Seemed pretty easy to tell Tarzan was going the way this one was edited, IMO.

I'll be glad when this season is over. Other than eliminating RI this season has been horrible.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

I think Kim has it. HII to final 4 and then one more challenge to win and there you go winner winner chicken dinner.

XBL Gamertag - UnseenThought
Einselen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
Shaunnick

So I catch the end of survivor as my wife and wait for Criminal Minds to come on, and occasionally watch the end minutes of Survivor. Last week I was laughing because the one chick kept writing off her stupidity to her just being young. What an idiot.

This week, when the old dude said no one gets him because he put the chick's panties on his head, I about peed myself I was laughing so hard. Who was that dude? What's his deal?
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #4
LordKronos

Thank god Tarzan is gone. The prospect of a Tarzan/Christina/Alicia final was frighteningly real. At least at this point, we are guaranteed that one of Kim/Sabrina/Chelsae will be in the final, and I can live with any of them winning.
LordKronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:37 PM   #5
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKronos View Post
At least at this point, we are guaranteed that one of Kim/Sabrina/Chelsae will be in the final, and I can live with any of them winning.
Really? Now that Tarzan is gone, I find myself not really caring who wins. At least if he was there, there would be some drama at the finals.
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:04 AM   #6
jradosh
Newlywed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
This week, when the old dude said no one gets him because he put the chick's panties on his head, I about peed myself I was laughing so hard. Who was that dude? What's his deal?
"Tarzan" is a plastic surgeon who is pretty smart, rich and also a little off-kilter. The recent behavior (panties on head) is probably an effort to appear annoying/unlikeable so that the women will want to take him to the final three (assuming they'll think that no one will vote for the annoying old guy). But since the jury is mostly men and he's the only man left, that was too big a risk to take.

Loved Kat's reaction to Tarzan's fashion statement. Tears over the fact that her panties lasted longer in Survivor than she did

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:36 AM   #7
flyers088
tcf junior member

I think Kim is an OK player, but it is really hard to gauge how she ranks in the overall Survivor best players because she is playing this game with a group of idiots. I know there have been bad players before each year, but this year you have almost every player who is a complete moron.

I really think each one of the final five think they are in control and don't realize they have no control at all and are just being played by Kim.

Even her BFF Chelsea thinks Kim is going to take her to the end and sit with her at the jury and if I am Kim there is no way I am taking her when you have 3 complete morons who deserve no votes to choose from at the end.

flyers088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #8
jradosh
Newlywed

Dalton's blog...

Check out
Old 05-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #9
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers088 View Post
I think Kim is an OK player, but it is really hard to gauge how she ranks in the overall Survivor best players because she is playing this game with a group of idiots.
This about sums it up for me, though I'd call her at least a good player, rather than just OK. She's stayed likeable, performed well in comps, achieved and maintained social dominance, and controlled and manipulated other players--all the things a good player should do.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #10
VegasVic
Craps Player

I agree with Dalton putting this near the bottom on his season rankings.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #11
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I've really enjoyed this season. Don't understand the complaints. Sure, most of the players are morons, but morons can be entertaining, too.

So glad they decided to vote off Tarzan. Alicia and Christina really made the wrong decision there if they wanted to get to the end, but I am very glad Chelsea is still in the game. It's pretty impressive how savvy Kim has been at sniffing out potential threats and then cheerfully manipulating them to vote the way she wants.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #12
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I've really enjoyed this season. Don't understand the complaints. Sure, most of the players are morons, but morons can be entertaining, too.
The problem is that this season has just been the Kim show and she's not that likeable (IMO). Everything's gone her way, the only real power struggle was when Troyzan tried to reason with the bottom-rung players.

Yes, there have been other seasons with dominating players (like firefighter Tom Westman), but they've generally been more likeable. And in most seasons, there are some interesting shifts in the tribes' moods and leaders.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #13
Necromancer2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradosh View Post
Loved Kat's reaction to Tarzan's fashion statement. Tears over the fact that her panties lasted longer in Survivor than she did
I'm extremely skeptical that's what brought Kat to tears. I would bet it had to do with a discussion about the previous TC where instead of voting out the last guy, they turned on and voted out a woman instead.

Clever editing though!
Necromancer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #14
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Alicia really believes that she's in control of the game. Completely scary.

Come join us October 5-12, 2014!
martinp13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #15
VegasVic
Craps Player

The only thing I'm looking forward to on Sunday is Kat questioning the final 3. That might be fun. Otherwise this season has been a major league snoozefest. I just hope the producers don't use that as a reason to bring back RI, the Medallion of Power, or some other ridiculous twist. I like the show as is. A clunker season will happen from time to time.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #16
Amnesia
The Question

I hope Chelsea/Christina/Alicia/Sabrina wise up and vote out Kim next episode...
Surely they realize that Kim would win all the votes from people who begrudgingly vote for the "best" player...
Old 05-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #17
tiams

I couldn't find the Ponderosa video. Am I just missing it?
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #18
scsiguy72
OTA Only..Free TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I couldn't find the Ponderosa video. Am I just missing it?
tarzan-arrives-at-ponderosa

scsiguy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #19
Necromancer2006

it will be a great injustice if Kim isn't awarded the title - at the very least, she ought to be the people's vote for the 100k.

I wonder if she'll have the guts to ditch Chelsea and Sabrina and take Christina and Alicia to the end. Either way, unless she gets blind-sided going from final 4 to final 3, she should be the winner. Right now, I think the only one who is totally butt-hurt over Kim is Kat. I think the guys pretty much recognize that Kim is controlling everything and I hope they reward her for doing so.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #20
jradosh
Newlywed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradosh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer2006 View Post
I'm extremely skeptical that's what brought Kat to tears. I would bet it had to do with a discussion about the previous TC where instead of voting out the last guy, they turned on and voted out a woman instead.

Clever editing though!
Oh I don't think she was crying in the jury box because her clothing outlasted her. That was a joke. I think the fact that she left all her clothing behind because she was blindsided and didn't bother packing, and seeing the clothing again and the people that blindsided her... that could have made her cry.

Check out

Last edited by jradosh : 05-10-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #21
dfergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer2006 View Post
it will be a great injustice if Kim isn't awarded the title - at the very least, she ought to be the people's vote for the 100k.

I wonder if she'll have the guts to ditch Chelsea and Sabrina and take Christina and Alicia to the end. Either way, unless she gets blind-sided going from final 4 to final 3, she should be the winner. Right now, I think the only one who is totally butt-hurt over Kim is Kat. I think the guys pretty much recognize that Kim is controlling everything and I hope they reward her for doing so.
Troyzan looked like he had eaten week old road kill last night so I think he will be a bitter member of the jury...
dfergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #22
pmyers

I've always wondered about everybody's hatred of Christina. Really...nobody on the island likes her.
pmyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #23
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsiguy72 View Post
His reaction to his own reflection was hilarious.
gossamer88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #24
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfergie View Post
Troyzan looked like he had eaten week old road kill last night so I think he will be a bitter member of the jury...
Not to mention the other guy flipping of Tarzan as he left.
pmyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #25
LordKronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
Really? Now that Tarzan is gone, I find myself not really caring who wins. At least if he was there, there would be some drama at the finals.
Yeah, but Tarzan and Alicia were both obnoxious. Christina was obnoxiously stupid. The thought of any of them being rewarded with $1M is just sickening.
LordKronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #26
Necromancer2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Not to mention the other guy flipping of Tarzan as he left.
Well there's bitter and then there's being butt-hurt bitter towards someone. I think none of the guys respected Tarzan and his "game" so perhaps that's where the "bitter" comes from. Based on the Ponderosa videos, there is mad respect for Kim and utter astonishment that nobody is making a move to try and get her out.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #27
Necromancer2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKronos View Post
Christina was obnoxiously stupid.
"Don't tell anybody about this conversation"

First thing she does when she gets back is make a bee-line to tell somebody about the conversation.

Yeah - she has ZERO game. A complete waste of a cast member.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #28
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
I hope Chelsea/Christina/Alicia/Sabrina wise up and vote out Kim next episode...
Surely they realize that Kim would win all the votes from people who begrudgingly vote for the "best" player...
Not going to happen, Kim has the immunity idol.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #29
Necromancer2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
Not going to happen, Kim has the immunity idol.
They still could going from Final 4 to the Final 3. Not sure that I see it happening though. I think Kim will win the final challenge and chose who she sits next to.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #30
VegasVic
Craps Player

If the final challenge is any kind of endurance thing Kim will win easily although I guess Chelsea could step up, if she's still there.