TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: North of Boston
Posts: 6,998
Revenge "Reckoning" S1E22 OAD 5/23/2012

WOW! Fantastic episode!!

So much going on. My favorite part was when Emily opened the empty box from Victoria. It was pretty funny to see her get the last laugh.

So is Emily's mother a terrorist?

I didn't see the Amanda thing coming at all. I've grown tired of her and was hoping she wouldn't come back.

Victoria obviously isn't dead. She is far too important to the show and is a fantastic actress. Lydia might not be so lucky....

Are we supposed to believe that the Feds didn't make a copy of the evidence?
__________________
A passing grade? Like a C? Why don't I just get pregnant at a bus station!
aadam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
markz
Hilarity Ensues
 
markz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connersville, IN
Posts: 12,336
"Don't do anything revengy till I get there!"
__________________
- Mark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:09 PM   #3
Family
Registered User
 
Family's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
Victoria obviously isn't dead. She is far too important to the show and is a fantastic actress.
I wouldn't be so sure. They might want to turn the attention to Emily's mom as the evil villian.
Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:02 AM   #4
john4200
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Family View Post
I wouldn't be so sure. They might want to turn the attention to Emily's mom as the evil villian.
You should be sure. There is zero chance that she got on the plane. That is why they showed Victoria standing outside the plane, but not getting on.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:17 AM   #5
marksman
ID-10-T
 
marksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 16,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by markz
"Don't do anything revengy till I get there!"
Haha that cracked me up.

The one thing I like about this show is it clearly is planned out in advance as to where things are going long term. A change from the seat of the pants serializing we see sometimes.
__________________
I Support Global Warming!
marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #6
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 31,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
You should be sure. There is zero chance that she got on the plane. That is why they showed Victoria standing outside the plane, but not getting on.
Actually, they showed her hesitating at the bottom of the stairs, then cut away, then cut back to her going up the stairs and into the plane, then cut away again. So what almost certainly happened is she changed her mind and got off the plane before it took off. Because I agree, no way is she dead. She's too important tot he show.
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #7
john4200
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,313
This finale made me think of Prison Break, another show that really should have stopped after a good first season.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:36 AM   #8
tiams
Registered User
 
tiams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,362
Takeda will be so furious Emily didn't kill White Hair when she had the chance. If she had, Victoria and Lydia wouldn't be dead, Charlotte wouldn't have tried to commit suicide and Conrad would be going to jail. And White Hair knows her true identity! Interesting that he didn't tell Conrad who his son's fiance really is!

Speaking of Takeda, I think he sent pregnant Amanda back to reinforce Emily's thirst for revenge by giving her one more reason to be bitter over one more thing she lost (Jack).

Next season the Big Bad will be the Americon Initiative instead of the Graysons. I'm feeling Alias.

This was the first time I noticed Daniel's tattoo of a number 4 on his middle finger. What's that about?

A Rolodex? Geez.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #9
Family
Registered User
 
Family's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 825
Killing off characters as major as Victoria is the "in" thing on cable. I could see Revenge doing this. They have plenty of options for new villians as the storyline moves in a different direction.

Who knows the male Greyson's may make strange bedfellows for Emily in her quest for revenge of the conspiracy in her father's death.
Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #10
tiams
Registered User
 
tiams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Family View Post
Killing off characters as major as Victoria is the "in" thing on cable. I could see Revenge doing this. They have plenty of options for new villians as the storyline moves in a different direction.

Who knows the male Greyson's may make strange bedfellows for Emily in her quest for revenge of the conspiracy in her father's death.
I think Victoria is dead dead. It would be a twist beyond believable if they do a lame she got off the plane at the last second move.
It appears next season won't really be about the Grayson's anymore anyway. It's going to be about her mother and Americon.

Her mother is going to turn out to be an ass-kicking bad-ass. Probably also trained by Takeda!
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #11
tony touch
Nice and Smooth
 
tony touch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 198
I'd be shocked if Victoria isn't back. Keep in mind this is ABC, who plays it conservative and wouldn't get rid of a popular actress (and the only Golden Globe nominee on that show). Perhaps on AMC or FX she would be killed off.

Overall though, an entertaining show and season.
tony touch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #12
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 14,576
Kind of weird for them not to show the plane as the "accident" happened. It makes the whole thing dubious.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #13
javabird
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 742
It was a great season finale. Like in "Count of Monte Cristo" all the major players fell. (I believe Victoria is dead, but then, I use to watch "LOST" so I believe no one is immune-- although she's such a great character, I would love to see her back next season).
javabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #14
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: North of Boston
Posts: 6,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Family View Post
Killing off characters as major as Victoria is the "in" thing on cable. I could see Revenge doing this. They have plenty of options for new villians as the storyline moves in a different direction.

Who knows the male Greyson's may make strange bedfellows for Emily in her quest for revenge of the conspiracy in her father's death.
ABC sure isn't cable and nothing on ABC even comes close to many cable shows. I think if they were going to kill her we would be sure she is dead. I think Madeline Stowe is fantastic and she has been very well received by the audience. They would be crazy to get rid of her. I wouldn't hate it if Charlotte was dead......

Here is an article discussing actresses who should play Emily's Mom. I vote for Lena Olin even though she isn't on the list.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/25/re...ay-emilys-mom/
__________________
A passing grade? Like a C? Why don't I just get pregnant at a bus station!
aadam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #15
hummingbird_206
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Near Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,709
I've really enjoyed this season.

I hope Charlotte is dead. I hate the whole teen-angst crap.

The casting on this show has been great. I'm really looking forward to seeing who they cast as Emily's mom!
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #16
sburnside1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,078
They already killed daniel and then resurrected him when the fans liked the character. I dont think she will be officially dead till we see a corpse.
sburnside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #17
cmontyburns
Excellent.
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,946
I kind of thought this conclusion was a miss.

I posted in last week's thread that, while I understand that this is a soap and soapy things are going to happen, I am getting tired of the plot being moved along by so many fantastic coincidences (a soap opera staple). Of course Amanda is going to show up -- pregnant! -- just as Emily is about to tell Jack everything. And so on. I hope they dial back some of that next season as it's really starting to feel just lazy.

More broadly, I think where we ended up was a mistake in terms of viewer investment. Don't we want to see Emily get some revenge? I'll grant that pretty much everyone's lives are worse since Emily arrived and put her schemes in motion, but thus far the only people that have really paid are a few small-timers at the start of the season. And most of them have shaken it off (Mason Treadwell, Lydia -- well, if she's not dead now). At some point, we need to see someone know they are beaten, and know that Emily did it and that she's really Amanda Clark. The only one that applies to is White-haired Guy, and of course he pops right back up and (apparently) kills the SEC agent, Lydia, and Victoria, thus completely undoing Emily's victory.

I accept that the show couldn't have reasonably ended every single plot line and started over next season. But the way it was left makes me feel like I wasted my time this season. The hoary old "conspiracy is bigger than you know" device already has me feeling like we're going to waste our time next season, too. The show occasionally needs to have stakes. Somebody significant pays, knows why, and is written out. (Victoria, if she is dead, does not count. She does not know about Emily, and was starting to become a sympathetic figure anyway by rediscovering her morals. No satisfaction in seeing her die.) After this finale, I am skeptical at this point that the show will do this, which diminishes it for me.
cmontyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #18
smak
TV MA SLV
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: NoHo, CA USA
Posts: 15,999
+1/2. Less soap opera gimmicks, more Emily kicking people.

-smak-
smak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #19
tiams
Registered User
 
tiams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by sburnside1 View Post
They already killed daniel and then resurrected him when the fans liked the character. I dont think she will be officially dead till we see a corpse.
What?
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #20
hummingbird_206
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Near Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
What?
Not sure the show ever confirmed or denied it, but it seemed that the dead body on the beach in the first ep was Daniel.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #21
tiams
Registered User
 
tiams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
Not sure the show ever confirmed or denied it, but it seemed that the dead body on the beach in the first ep was Daniel.
The dead body was not Daniel. And it was never meant to be. They faked you out. Just like Emily digging a grave- you were supposed to think it was for white hair but it was for Sammy. Daniel was an integral part of the plot all season and he was in every episode, so I don't get how you can say they killed his character off.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:40 PM   #22
hummingbird_206
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Near Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
The dead body was not Daniel. And it was never meant to be. They faked you out. Just like Emily digging a grave- you were supposed to think it was for white hair but it was for Sammy. Daniel was an integral part of the plot all season and he was in every episode, so I don't get how you can say they killed his character off.
I didn't say they killed his character off. I was just answering your "What?" question. And if you already knew the answer, why did you ask the question? Why didn't you just respond to the original quote with your snitty post?
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #23
tiams
Registered User
 
tiams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
I didn't say they killed his character off. I was just answering your "What?" question. And if you already knew the answer, why did you ask the question? Why didn't you just respond to the original quote with your snitty post?
I asked "What" in response to the statement that Daniel was killed off. You responded that the dead body in the first episode was Daniel. Sounds to me like you were saying that was when Daniel was killed off. If that is not what you were saying, then what was your point about the dead body?
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:09 PM   #24
hummingbird_206
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Near Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I asked "What" in response to the statement that Daniel was killed off. You responded that the dead body in the first episode was Daniel. Sounds to me like you were saying that was when Daniel was killed off. If that is not what you were saying, then what was your point about the dead body?
I didn't say it was Daniel, I said "it seemed that the dead body on the beach in the first ep was Daniel" Your 'what' seemed to indicate you didn't know or remember that it had looked like Daniel had been killed. But obviously you did know and responded with 'they faked you out'. I wasn't 'faked out' and I don't appreciate you taking my trying to be helpful answering your 'what' question with a diatribe about how the show uses misdirection and you knew it all the time, blah, blah, blah.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #25
tiams
Registered User
 
tiams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
I didn't say it was Daniel, I said "it seemed that the dead body on the beach in the first ep was Daniel" Your 'what' seemed to indicate you didn't know or remember that it had looked like Daniel had been killed. But obviously you did know and responded with 'they faked you out'. I wasn't 'faked out' and I don't appreciate you taking my trying to be helpful answering your 'what' question with a diatribe about how the show uses misdirection and you knew it all the time, blah, blah, blah.
I never said I knew it all the time I didn't know it was Tyler and not Daniel until the reveal.
You say diatribe, I say stating facts.

Whatever, Daniel was never killed off and brought back because fans liked him.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:40 PM   #26
ElJay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,879
I thought all of the bad stuff happening to Emily in this episode (Amanda back, exploding planes) seemed to be tacked on so they could have some new conflict to start a second season with.

I really enjoyed this show, but I too have "Prison Break"-ish concerns about this one going on.
ElJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #27
Sadara
huh?
 
Sadara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 3,179
I'm ok with Charlotte being dead.

I'm actually glad that Emily can't be with Jack. Makes for a better story line.

I'm actually sorta sad that Victoria is out of the picture. She really brought a lot of conflict and I liked it.

I do wonder if Emily's real identity is going to be found out.

I'm also glad that Daniel doesn't seem like a wimp. I don't like the choice he's made, but at least he's showing some strength and ability to pick a side, even knowing all the bad stuff.
Sadara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:10 PM   #28
tiams
Registered User
 
tiams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadara View Post
I'm ok with Charlotte being dead.

I'm actually glad that Emily can't be with Jack. Makes for a better story line.

I'm actually sorta sad that Victoria is out of the picture. She really brought a lot of conflict and I liked it.

I do wonder if Emily's real identity is going to be found out.

I'm also glad that Daniel doesn't seem like a wimp. I don't like the choice he's made, but at least he's showing some strength and ability to pick a side, even knowing all the bad stuff.
I also think Daniel as a villain is much more interesting than the non-entity he has been.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVo® is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |