TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #31
MirclMax
Ancient Member

I'm just crossing my fingers that they fixed the Native Resolution bug .... gonna be kinda annoyed if they didn't bother to get to it..
MirclMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #32
GoEagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Are you sure it's not a local issue from the local station or the cable company? I don't have any issues with SVU. The recording starts playing back and it's right at the very beginning where they have the voice over and the recording ends after the previews as well.
It might be, but imagine trying to convince Comcast their feed is off by 10 secs? If I set the clock manually, I could solve this.
GoEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #33
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirclMax View Post
I'm just crossing my fingers that they fixed the Native Resolution bug .... gonna be kinda annoyed if they didn't bother to get to it..
I think this is fixed based on a tweet from @tivodesign.
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #34
OCSMITH
VAWHEELS

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Are you sure it's not a local issue from the local station or the cable company? I don't have any issues with SVU. The recording starts playing back and it's right at the very beginning where they have the voice over and the recording ends after the previews as well.
aaronwt, I just timed the start of my Elite for 8:00 PM "American Gun" and my Computer clock (time-b.nist.gov) and it started recording about 8:00:06 thats when the red light came on. I don't know if it recording a sec before me seeing record light? I have to see when it stops now.
1 Premier XL (For Sale) Lifetimed
1 TiVo Stream (For Sale)
1 Tivo Mini
1 Amazon FireTV
3 Roku 3
OCSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #35
jwcooper

The new Netflix app is all I need for this box to finally be as originally advertised.

As an antenna user without cable, we spend most of our time in Netflix, and the old app has so many bugs (at least the crashes to the TiVo were fixed though).

I've never understood why or who uses the Youtube app. I've never gone to youtube.com to just view videos. They're always linked from some blog or forum.
jwcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #36
djwilso

Just checked the clock on my TiVo and watched it change while watching the clock on http://www.timeanddate.com and it was right on, to the second.

All the networks have the right time but purposefully start and end things at weird times just to mess up DVR owners.

I really hope that the SPS9S clock position in the HD interface is fixed.
djwilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #37
compnurd

Anyone had this hit there Premiere yet?
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #38
BlackBetty
I <3 TiVo!

Yes
BlackBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #39
Xab

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty View Post
Yes
Not sure I believe this. Margret said she would tweet when the time was to start doing a connection to the TiVo service, and that hasn't come yet.
Xab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #40
sharkster

I got on the Priority List a while back and haven't seen any update on either of my Premieres. I still have the 20.2 1 2 746 version.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #41
bradleys
It'll be fine....

Margret, Dave Zatz and others will announce the release pretty clearly once it arrives.

I suspect we just need to be patient a little longer...
TiVo Premier (2 TB Upgrade)
TiVo Roamio Plus
TiVo Mini
iPad TiVo app
TiVo Stream (Sold)
Personal Video Share powered by PyTiVo
bradleys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #42
news4me2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty
Yes
And????? Can you tell us what Software Version is reported under the System Info screen?
news4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #43
mrsean

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwilso View Post
I hope so as well. This was the one thing that really caused me to despise 20.2.
mrsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #44
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoEagles View Post
Speaking of clocks, I swear the timing is off by 10 secs. I am tired of seeing the ending of "Chopped" at the beginning of my recordings.
That's the network.

I don't have a Premiere, but the same thing happens on basically anything on E!, Discovery, and various other networks/times.. (e.g. CBS Mondays does it most of the time, NBC Thursday ALWAYS does it so you need to add padding to shows)
mattack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:32 AM   #45
pmiranda

Yes, the networks intentionally cram together the start and end of shows to try and hook you into watching something new and keep you on their channel. It's a PITA and at best an annoyance to me but at worst it forces TiVo to chop one recording in favor of recording junk at the end or beginning of another. The other reason they do it is to protect the advertising safely inside the show so you will at least spend time fast forwarding over it instead of stopping the recording when the actual show is over. Hence the 20 second prelogue and epilogue on shows like The Office.
Back to the original thread topic, maybe it'll finally include the YouTube "Watch Later" list correctly for me so when people send me links l can queue them up to watch at home.
pmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #46
sar840t2

Does anyone know if the updated Netflix app supports closed-captioning? I canceled my Netflix sub because I ran out of shows that I could watch without needing closed-captioning (but that wasn't one of the choices in their "why are you canceling?" survey).
sar840t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #47
Balzer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar840t2 View Post
Does anyone know if the updated Netflix app supports closed-captioning? I canceled my Netflix sub because I ran out of shows that I could watch without needing closed-captioning (but that wasn't one of the choices in their "why are you canceling?" survey).
I watched the video demonstration posted on Engadget and it showed them enabling closed captioning! So I'm happy about that.

Roamio Plus (Sep '14 - Present)
Roamio (Sep '13 - Present)
Premiere(July '12 - Present)
Premiere(August '11 - Present)
TiVo HD (July '07 - July '12)
TiVo S1 (August '01 - July '07)
Balzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #48
BlackBetty
I <3 TiVo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by news4me2 View Post
And????? Can you tell us what Software Version is reported under the System Info screen?
BlackBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #49
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
Hopefully a "Fix" for the Cox MPEG4 (H.264) channels, That is all I want. It will add 20 new HD channels to my lineup.

EDIT: after a manual connection nothing for me, no Pending Restart.
Just got the update and the h.264 channels now work for me. That was the key thing I wanted from this update.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #50
Johnwashere

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcooper View Post
The new Netflix app is all I need for this box to finally be as originally advertised.

As an antenna user without cable, we spend most of our time in Netflix, and the old app has so many bugs (at least the crashes to the TiVo were fixed though).

I've never understood why or who uses the Youtube app. I've never gone to youtube.com to just view videos. They're always linked from some blog or forum.
amen about netflix! I use youtube a LOT on the weekends for looking up music videos and other times for various videos. I even bought a google tv because of it. Now that youtube is finally updated I can finally get rid of google tv.
Johnwashere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #51
MichaelK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty View Post
Next question would be can you confirm you were NOT beta testing the software previously?
MichaelK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #52
OCSMITH
VAWHEELS

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwilso View Post
Just checked the clock on my TiVo and watched it change while watching the clock on http://www.timeanddate.com and it was right on, to the second.

All the networks have the right time but purposefully start and end things at weird times just to mess up DVR owners.

The clock on my Tivo and computer are the same but the recording started at 8:00:06??? Test to see when the recording starts & ends. Clock seems right , I don't recall this happen on Tivo 1 or 2 series. Maybe those started recording at 59 not 00? Anyhow I know programs go over but, sometimes you will see Tivo knows this (1:04).

I will test my DVDR to if it is Comcast.
1 Premier XL (For Sale) Lifetimed
1 TiVo Stream (For Sale)
1 Tivo Mini
1 Amazon FireTV
3 Roku 3
OCSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #53
TZR916

Been on the priority list for a few weeks (from that other thread). Just tried to do a manual Connect to Network and getting:

Temporarily Unavailable
This option will be unavailable until a scheduled software update occurs at 2:00am.

TZR916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #54
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZR916 View Post
Been on the priority list for a few weeks (from that other thread). Just tried to do a manual Connect to Network and getting:

Temporarily Unavailable
This option will be unavailable until a scheduled software update occurs at 2:00am.
That is a good sign! It means your box has already downloaded the update, and if you restart the box it will be installed.

TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > Help > Restart or Reset System > Restart
TiVo Inc. *
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #55
jcthorne

TivoMargret and the Tivo gang-

Just wanted to say thanks, not for the update itself but for the much better way this update has been handled than in the past. From the priority list that actually worked to open communication from TivoMargret and even release notes! WOW. Really appreciate the improvement.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #56
TZR916

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
That is a good sign! It means your box has already downloaded the update, and if you restart the box it will be installed.

TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > Help > Restart or Reset System > Restart
I was so busy yesterday that I did not get a chance to force a restart. Needless to say it did not do anything overnight at 2am like it said it would. So I am doing the restart now. Looking at "Preparing the update... This may take up to an hour, possibly longer" on my screen now.

EDIT: Update took less than 20min to install & start up. Now have v20.2.1.1-01-2-758

Last edited by TZR916 : 05-11-2012 at 09:39 AM.
TZR916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:26 AM   #57
jrtroo
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post

Just wanted to say thanks, not for the update itself but for the much better way this update has been handled than in the past. From the priority list that actually worked to open communication from TivoMargret and even release notes! WOW. Really appreciate the improvement.
Agreed. The openness is much appreciated, and certainly relieves some tension between what users are looking for and what Tivo is providing.

It also seems to be helping users keep their head about the software push. While some are commenting on the continued use of SD menus, we are being told by Tivo that they were NOT a part of this and HD menus ARE coming in the future. Without these notes, we would have a ton of threads complaining about no menu changes.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #58
sar840t2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzer View Post
I watched the video demonstration posted on Engadget and it showed them enabling closed captioning! So I'm happy about that.
Thanks for that. I can't get to most "social networking" types of sites from work so I didn't try watching their video.
sar840t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #59
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post

+1

I'm almost tempted to activate my Premiere so I can join in the fun.

All I need is for TiVo to create a lifetime transfer offer from an S2 (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, knowwhatImean? Say no more).

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:41 PM   #60
BigJimOutlaw

The page appears to be active again. Fall Update coming!

http://www.tivo.com/mytivo/software-...est/index.html
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote