TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
tiams

Awake "Slack Water" S1E10 OAD 5/3/12

The cigarette smoking guy (an X-Files reference) needs Britten gone before he can move the heroin. I wonder why they can't move it without him being either dead or out of state. The "Distributors" are impatient. I never knew heroin went bad.

They tease us with reminders of the X-files so I hope the underlying mystery will be something in that vein and not simply some mundane drug deal and corrupt police.

I'll be disappointed if it is all explained by saying Britten was getting too close to the truth about the heroin so the conspirators tried to kill him and his family in a car wreck. When he woke up he had amnesia about the case he was working so they left him alone. And his broken reality is caused by his guilt over the fact that he was drinking the night of the wreck.

The Captain in the red world knows the wife is alive and yet she has said "you didn't have to take out his whole family". I'm thinking she didn't mean that his wife and kid were actually killed, only that they caused a wreck with no regard for his family being in the car. So when she said that it was a fake out to make us think she believes his whole family is dead.

I miss the sessions with the shrinks. The police procedural part of the show is the least interesting part for me.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
Church AV Guy

Didn't the cops find all that heroin? I'm pretty sure they showed that.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
Didn't the cops find all that heroin? I'm pretty sure they showed that.
Was that the same heroin that the cigarette guy was talking about? I thought that heroin was being stored in a place owned by the company with the name that keeps turning up - West-something and the heroin Vega found was in a house that looked like the house on the cover of the video game.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:25 AM   #4
BitbyBlit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I miss the sessions with the shrinks. The police procedural part of the show is the least interesting part for me.
I'm just the opposite. The shrink sessions were the least interesting part for me. In fact, it didn't even occur to me until you mentioned it that there were no shrink sessions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
Was that the same heroin that the cigarette guy was talking about? I thought that heroin was being stored in a place owned by the company with the name that keeps turning up - West-something and the heroin Vega found was in a house that looked like the house on the cover of the video game.
Since the captain was the one who assigned the case to Vega, I don't think it was the same place unless she expected Vega to fail or the conspiracy is that the police are taking confiscated drugs, and selling them out to other dealers.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:43 AM   #5
Boston Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitbyBlit View Post
Since the captain was the one who assigned the case to Vega, I don't think it was the same place unless she expected Vega to fail or the conspiracy is that the police are taking confiscated drugs, and selling them out to other dealers.
I saw it as them taking a competitor's product out of circulation.
Boston Fan is offline   Reply With Quote