TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-17-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
yawitz

Season pass item in To-Do list failed to record

Hi all,

I've been having an infrequent but recurring problem which seems to have begun after the most recent Premiere XL update (the one a couple of months ago, I think).

I have a list of To-Do items that have no apparent conflicts, all set to record while I'm away. When I return and check the Now Playing list, I occasionally find a show that failed to record. Checking the Recording History (at the top of the To Do list), the failed show reports that "Someone in your household did not allow the TiVo box to change channels to begin the recording." But no one was home at the time.

Searching this and other forums, I've found some references to this problem, but not many. The advice has been to pull the power to reboot the device, and try again. I've done this a couple of times, but the problem appears to return after a while. (It's tough to gauge the usefulness of such an action when the problem occurs so infrequently.)

Also note that I also have an older Series 3 HD TiVo, which has never to this day exhibited this problem.

Has anyone here seen this problem recently (within the last 4 months)? Are there any other tricks or resources I can try to pinpoint the cause (such as diagnostic logs that might reveal more details than the mysterious Recording History message)?

Thanks,
Mitch
Using a Premiere XL 1TB
yawitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:50 AM   #2
L David Matheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawitz View Post
Hi all,

I've been having an infrequent but recurring problem which seems to have begun after the most recent Premiere XL update (the one a couple of months ago, I think).

I have a list of To-Do items that have no apparent conflicts, all set to record while I'm away. When I return and check the Now Playing list, I occasionally find a show that failed to record. Checking the Recording History (at the top of the To Do list), the failed show reports that "Someone in your household did not allow the TiVo box to change channels to begin the recording." But no one was home at the time.

Searching this and other forums, I've found some references to this problem, but not many. The advice has been to pull the power to reboot the device, and try again. I've done this a couple of times, but the problem appears to return after a while. (It's tough to gauge the usefulness of such an action when the problem occurs so infrequently.)

Also note that I also have an older Series 3 HD TiVo, which has never to this day exhibited this problem.

Has anyone here seen this problem recently (within the last 4 months)? Are there any other tricks or resources I can try to pinpoint the cause (such as diagnostic logs that might reveal more details than the mysterious Recording History message)?

Thanks,
Mitch
Using a Premiere XL 1TB
That does sound like a bug. When nobody replies, it should default to allowing the tuner to change, of course. You could try putting the Premiere in standby mode when you're not there, as a test and possible workaround.
L David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:36 AM   #3
chrispitude

The other day, when I turned the TV on at around 6am in the morning, the TiVo was paused on live TV. What's strange is, it was only 13 minutes behind in the buffer! Somehow it managed to pause itself 13 minutes prior to me coming down. We don't have any cats or other pets that would cause an errant keypress, and the remote was sitting right-side-up on the side table where it always was...
chrispitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
Dr_Diablo
Dr_Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawitz View Post
Hi all,

Thanks,
Mitch
Using a Premiere XL 1TB
I've often tried to record a program from within the "Seaon Pass" only to have a compley=tely diggerent show record...

Tivo had no answer as to how or why this happens
Dr_Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

I have a season pass for "Harry's Law" last night ( sunday) at about 15 past hour, I notice I only had 1 show recording when I should of had 2. I notice Harry's law was not recording ( but was on correct channel anyway due to watching a show previously) so I did catch it all. Even while I was watching it I hit the record button, and it wouldn't start recording, no reason why, I had nothing recording following this time period.

Later that evening I did have 2 shows schedulded at same time and both recorded no problem. Nothing in Recording history as to why it didn't record.

Today(Monday ) I get home, and "Harry's Law" is still in my todo list for Sunday 5-6?
with no options to cancel it. So I delete the season pass, but show still shows up in my todo list. It now says "get a season pass" or "Ok, don't do anything" I want to cancel this recording, since it will now never record.

Anyone else have this happen?
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #6
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIVO_GUY_HERE View Post

Anyone else have this happen?
Happened to me with an episode of 30 Rock back in February. Show didn't record and it was still in my To Do List the next day. The one difference is that I was able to cancel it and get it out of the To Do.
cherry ghost is online now   Reply With Quote