TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-15-2016, 09:51 PM   #1
SeanC
ECT

Better Call Saul S02E01 "Switch" 2/15/16

Ok, so obviously it's still airing at the time of this posting, but I'm curious if anyone can take a WAG at what that bill was at the end of the financial consult.

50 bucks a shot, how many shots in a bottle? let's assume a full bottle.

Anyone?

SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:09 PM   #2
HoosierFan
Board game geek

And am I right in remembering that's the same guy that Walt blew up his car in the gas station?

Old 02-15-2016, 10:26 PM   #3
boywaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierFan View Post
And am I right in remembering that's the same guy that Walt blew up his car in the gas station?
Ken Wins!

nice pull, I didn't make the connection and learned it from reading 'what's alan watching'

boywaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 02:30 AM   #4
getbak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
Ok, so obviously it's still airing at the time of this posting, but I'm curious if anyone can take a WAG at what that bill was at the end of the financial consult.

50 bucks a shot, how many shots in a bottle? let's assume a full bottle.

Anyone?
It looked like a standard 26 oz bottle, and a single shot was probably between 1.5 and 2 oz.

The final round had three drinks, and presumably every round prior to that was the same. That means it was likely 12, 15, or 18 shots total. So, a total price between $600 and $900 for the tequila.

Old 02-16-2016, 06:10 AM   #5
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe

Where's that hotel? Like some of his Cicero shenanigans, seems stupid to be playing con jobs like that so close to home. As we know, Ken is indeed a local.

kaszeta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:42 AM   #6
mooseAndSquirrel

Season 2? Oh my, has this started?

mooseAndSquirrel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:34 AM   #7
Bob Coxner

The cold open was fantastic. This is my favorite show on tv and I'm in heaven that it's back. I'm in hell that for whatever reason (cost?) the original plan of 13 episodes was cut to 10.

Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:02 AM   #8
markp99
TakoKichi

Yay, great start to Season 2!

I love all the back story stuff, but really do hope they can join back to the BB Saul story arc without rushing it before they run out of episodes.

markp99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:20 AM   #9
rahnbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp99 View Post
Yay, great start to Season 2!

I love all the back story stuff, but really do hope they can join back to the BB Saul story arc without rushing it before they run out of episodes.
Yes another great episode. Talking Saul was informative as well. I guess everyone assumes the show would end when Saul and Walter White meet? My guess is that is probably how it would end and I think the creators have said something along those lines but its not like WW was the one and only thing Saul was doing in his life during the BB storyline. It could go on. Probably not though.

rahnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:23 AM   #10
VegasVic
Craps Player

The show could end when they meet. Or they could just jump forward and continue on with the Cinnabon time frame.

Old 02-16-2016, 09:25 AM   #11
rahnbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
The show could end when they meet. Or they could just jump forward and continue on with the Cinnabon time frame.
Actually with Bob aging that would make sense. Breaking Buns? Better eat a Cinnabon?

rahnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:37 AM   #12
VegasVic
Craps Player

I could see Jesse showing up at Cinnabon and going on from there

Old 02-16-2016, 10:24 AM   #13
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
I could see Jesse showing up at Cinnabon and going on from there
I don't think Jesse would end up at a mall in Omaha!!

They are knocking this show out of the park. Just wow.

Also, I was surprised to see Jimmy back in the pool -- isn't there a pretty good chance Ken could show up there again and kick the crap out of Jimmy?

Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:27 AM   #14
Hank
AC•FTW

Why do you think Gene was afraid to set off the door alarm that called the police? Because he is living an alternate identity and doesn't want to get busted as Saul? He didn't do anything illegal (recently).. he was just stuck in the dumpster room. You'd think he could trigger the alarm, and then go get in his car and leave before the cops arrived. And the tapes would show that he just got trapped and it was an "emergency" to exit the locked room. Or was it that he just didn't want to "make waves"? If it were me, I would have just triggered the alarm and left. It's not like he's not allowed in there.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:36 AM   #15
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Why do you think Gene was afraid to set off the door alarm that called the police? Because he is living an alternate identity and doesn't want to get busted as Saul? He didn't do anything illegal (recently).. he was just stuck in the dumpster room. You'd think he could trigger the alarm, and then go get in his car and leave before the cops arrived. And the tapes would show that he just got trapped and it was an "emergency" to exit the locked room. Or was it that he just didn't want to "make waves"? If it were me, I would have just triggered the alarm and left. It's not like he's not allowed in there.
Spoilerizing for those who did not watch "Talking Saul..."

Spoiler:
On "Talking Saul," the producers were saying how this showed how the mighty have fallen, so to speak...in the final scene, you have the "rebel," Slippin' Jimmy, who just has to flip that "forbidden" switch, but in the opening scene, which happened years later, of course, you have poor Gene, who is afraid to trip the alarm... makes sense... to me at least

Old 02-16-2016, 10:46 AM   #16
Hank
AC•FTW

I did see TS and caught that line. But they didn't say *why* he was afraid to open the door. Was he just that beaten down and afraid, or was it a more calculated reasoning not to trigger the alarm for fear of greater consequences?

Old 02-16-2016, 10:48 AM   #17
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

Quote:
I did see TS and caught that line. But they didn't say *why* he was afraid to open the door. Was he just that beaten down and afraid, or was it a more calculated reasoning not to trigger the alarm for fear of greater consequences?
I guess I thought they were saying it was a little of both...

Old 02-16-2016, 03:03 PM   #18
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
We can guess that Gene doesn't want any attention from the cops in fear that a smart detective can figure out who he is.

Once again, I don't remember who could be after Saul. Maybe the Columbians?

In Talking Saul they mentioned that the Tequila was the same excellent stuff that Gus Fring gifted to the Don.

For anybody that doesn't know - and that seems to include Vince Gilligan and the other writers - those switches that get labled to not turn off are for the nearby electric heaters. I guess the electrical code requires that they have a shutoff switch for emergencies.

Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:17 PM   #19
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAndrews View Post
Once again, I don't remember who could be after Saul. Maybe the Columbians?
The Feds, mostly.

kaszeta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:19 PM   #20
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaszeta View Post
The Feds, mostly.
Yeah, as they're unwinding the entire Walter White empire in ABQ (and to some extent, Gus Fring), Saul Goodman is a big part of that. He's surely on an FBI most wanted list.

I guess I answered my own question.

Old 02-16-2016, 03:23 PM   #21
hummingbird_206

I thought Saul was in Witness Protection. Not sure why I thought that? Did I dream it?

hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:27 PM   #22
NatasNJ
Bone marrow lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
I thought Saul was in Witness Protection. Not sure why I thought that? Did I dream it?
I think a self appointed witness protection. He and Walter White bumped into each other at the same fellow who was paid to HIDE people.

NatasNJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 04:56 PM   #23
hummingbird_206

I loved the hummingbird that flew in front of the camera as the IT guy was waiting for Nacho. I wonder if that was just a happy accident and they left it in the shot?

hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:48 PM   #24
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Tight

Wonder if that switch does anything

I guess I need to TiVo 'Talking Saul' too. Good thing fir TiVo. Had NO IDEA this was returning.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:45 AM   #25
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
Tight

Wonder if that switch does anything
I was confused for a second before realizing it doesn't really matter what the switch was, just that it said not to turn it off, so Jimmy just had to disobey. Such a great bookend to the open when he wouldn't trip the alarm. I binge-watched season 1 the last week or so. It's going to be tough to wait for new episodes.

Hefe's a cruel man, but fair.~edhara
That hefe, he's really smart!~Fish Man
hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:16 AM   #26
markymark_ctown

Great episode.

Loved the Hummer, the "PLAYUH" license plate, and matching shoess.

So what exactly did the cops see on/behind the couch that caused them to moved it and look further? I rewound, but didn't catch anything.

markymark_ctown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:26 AM   #27
mooseAndSquirrel

The house, otherwise a tossed mess, was clean in front of the sofa. So the cops looked behind and found a hidey hole.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:35 AM   #28
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

What was the law firm that Jimmy joined at the end of the ep? It wasn't the same one where he'd declined the offer earlier, was it?

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:42 AM   #29
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseAndSquirrel View Post
The house, otherwise a tossed mess, was clean in front of the sofa. So the cops looked behind and found a hidey hole.
If you look closely, the clean area in front of the couch makes a perfect arc when moving the couch away from the wall, just like the cops did. So they're pretty good at looking for clues like that.

Yes, it was the same law firm from the beginning of the show that's helping with the Sandpiper case, although it seemed like it was smaller than HHM.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:05 AM   #30
mooseAndSquirrel

Can I have a Cocobolo desk?