TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-04-2016, 08:24 AM   #1
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

The Good Wife "Judged" Jan 31, 2016

I'm really starting to intensely dislike Alicia Florrick. She's become so self absorved that she in my eyes is worse than Peter. She gives Eli a half hearted "Your Forgiven" and then proceeds to grill him about what Will said on the message. It's, what 2-3 years ago? Get over it! Then kisses Jason and brushes him off. Then goes on this diatribe to Lucca, throwing in lines about how she might not even like her kids (well maybe is she was around for them, she would like them better, they seem like they are written as good kids). And lastly after this whole time it looks like she's going back to her old firm and I'll bet she's going to throw Lucca under the bus. I think the line that one of the judges or attorneys mentioned about how she's not well liked, in her circles is pretty apropos.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:36 AM   #2
AeneaGames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I'm really starting to intensely dislike Alicia Florrick. She's become so self absorved that she in my eyes is worse than Peter. She gives Eli a half hearted "Your Forgiven" and then proceeds to grill him about what Will said on the message. It's, what 2-3 years ago? Get over it! Then kisses Jason and brushes him off. Then goes on this diatribe to Lucca, throwing in lines about how she might not even like her kids (well maybe is she was around for them, she would like them better, they seem like they are written as good kids). And lastly after this whole time it looks like she's going back to her old firm and I'll bet she's going to throw Lucca under the bus. I think the line that one of the judges or attorneys mentioned about how she's not well liked, in her circles is pretty apropos.
Knowing what he had actually said in that message seems to me a good way to move on after finally forgiving Eli.
I didn't feel like she was brushing Jason off all that much.
And that 'diatribe' well, it was just her depression/frustrations about her life that finally got out. It's what people do, it doesn't mean they actually mean it. She also said "stupid little apartment", it's neither stupid nor little, she even hated the washing machine and dryer. She just hated everything and everyone in that moment. Throwing it out seemed to have helped some tho.
And I don't think she will throw Lucca under the bus, I hope not, I like her!

AeneaGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:40 PM   #3
Saturn_V
Now with flavor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeneaGames View Post
And that 'diatribe' well, it was just her depression/frustrations about her life that finally got out. It's what people do, it doesn't mean they actually mean it.
And this has been building since she lost the election last season. Eli's confession was just what set everything off. This has been an interesting season for me, watching this extreme fall from grace.

But I'm not looking forward to her going back to firm. Think we've gone down that road before. And yeah, we better not lose Lucca. I don't miss Archie Panjabi quite as much.

Old 02-04-2016, 02:22 PM   #4
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

yes, alicia's going through a lot of thinking and second guessing following eli's confession. i'm glad she forgave him, even if only half-heartedly, it's a sign she will finally begin working through it to get on with life. my take on the rest of the dialogue was her release, venting in anger. of course she likes her kids, but even if there is doubt, we know she loves them, and has mostly been a very proud mother, always protective, and a concerned and involved parent.

i'm not sure lockhart, agos, & lee would have made lucca an offer until recently, even if alicia supported it. but now, with their renewed push to increase diversity at the firm, this opportunity might be a good fit (i like lucca's character, a lot). lucca is the only thing holding alicia together right now with the kalinda relationship missing.

i didn't read alicia's reaction following the kiss with jason as a brush off, more like unsure feelings over a new development while she's thinking so many other things through. either way, it doesn't appear to be a major point of concern for jason, one way or the other, it's alicia that has to work through it.

going back to the firm would be a very predictable next move following her fall from grace.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 05:39 PM   #5
Family

It's not Alicia not to like. It's the show. (I had been a fan until last season).

Unfortunately it's fallen apart.

Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:59 PM   #6
David Platt
!Texas

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
She gives Eli a half hearted "Your Forgiven" and then proceeds to grill him about what Will said on the message. It's, what 2-3 years ago? Get over it!
It's new information to her. It's not 2-3 years ago; she JUST found out that the love of her life, who was shockingly murdered, could very well still be alive if Eli had not deleted the message. Her whole life was changed because of it. Will's promise to give everything up to be with her because he wanted nothing but her means that he very likely wouldn't have been in the courtroom the day he was shot, and they could still be together. How would you expect her to react?

David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:02 PM   #7
Cainebj

Depression and a broken heart.
I was glad she finally got it out.

Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:55 PM   #8
Fahtrim

Well at least Marguiles did a great job portraying an unlikable spiteful person, good acting maybe.

But yes not feeling all that sympathetic to her.....I'm old fashioned I guess, make your bed and then you lie in it. She gets another deus ex machina save on the suit and her life to go back the "the firm"

So he was a jerk, she chose to stay with him but then split but not split and repeat ugh

Fahtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 06:51 AM   #9
Robin
#DistractinglySexy

Quote:
And lastly after this whole time it looks like she's going back to her old firm and I'll bet she's going to throw Lucca under the bus.
I thought Lucca was enthusiastic about joining LAL?

Old 02-08-2016, 06:27 AM   #10
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

With the announced cancellation, I'm probably going to be wrong about a lot of what I said. They will obviously play up her being redeemed and Lucca will not be thrown under the bus.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:20 AM   #11
Saturn_V
Now with flavor!

I'm expecting an "everyone goes their separate ways" series finale. It's more plausible (to me) that Alicia would start over somewhere else. Plus it provides spin-off material.

Seven years is a good run for any hour-long drama. I won't miss it as long as I can still see it on Prime. (but considering that CBS pulled Star Trek, I won't hold my breath)

Old 02-22-2016, 03:09 PM   #12
megory
Advanced TiVoOligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family View Post
It's not Alicia not to like. It's the show. (I had been a fan until last season).

Unfortunately it's fallen apart.
I agree. It has been a favorite of mine for years, but now it bores me.

It seems to have no story line anymore

I cancelled my SP
EDIT And I just read in this thread it has been cancelled. Good. Shoulda gone out a year or so ago when it was on top.

megory is offline   Reply With Quote