TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
View Poll Results: Which movies / shows should the Doctor and the Tardis visit?
Eureka 11 33.33%
Warehouse 13 11 33.33%
The Librarian 2 6.06%
Red Dwarf 4 12.12%
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy 7 21.21%
Star Wars 3 9.09%
Star Trek 14 42.42%
Serenity 9 27.27%
Stargate 8 24.24%
Macgyver 5 15.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump

Old 03-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Question Your Doctor Who meets ??? tv show choices

Admit it! You've thought of the Tardis and Doctor Who visiting your favorite tv series. I've been reading a book by one of the writers that mentions that they've thought about that too.

So, what shows should the Tardis visit?

If your show isn't listed, just reply below. You can select more than one option.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Share an online coupon here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by DianaMo : 03-14-2013 at 05:00 PM.
DianaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Lightbulb

From the book Doctor Who: The Writer's Tale by Russell T. Davies and Benjamin Cook

Old 03-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #3
kmccbf

Lots of votes, few comments. I thought of Eureka, Warehouse 13, Red Dwarf and Hitchhiker. (though Arthur Dent was referred to the first David Tennant episode.)

Personally, I would like to see the Doctor visit the set of Doctor Who. Alternate universe mirror, mirror type of thing. The real Doctor finding himself on the set with the actor playing him. You could even do a Matt Smith, and the Doctor, or current Doctor with Dave Tennant or Eccleston. Or you could have someone else playing the real Doctor, showing up on the current set. There are lots and lots of possibilities. Even a Doctor who was aware of the series in this dimension and had been watching it for years, and modeled his real TARDIS on the one from the series.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Lightbulb

Quote:
Star Trek has referenced Doctor Who on a few occasions. In "The Naked Now" Riker asks for a sonic driver to open a force field,
Quote:
In "The Neutral Zone", an on-screen graphic of Clare Raymond's family listed William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davidson, and Colin Baker among her descendants.
Quote:
This on-screen graphic has been removed from the Blu-Ray release of this story and the actors' names (as well as those of Kermit T. Frog, Miss Piggy, Lou Grant and Mary Richards) and replaced with a much more realistic family tree for Clare Reymond's descendents.
Quote:
The Argolis Cluster, first mentioned in "I Borg", was named after the planet Argolis, seen in the 1980 Doctor Who serial "The Leisure Hive".
Quote:
The time-travel pod encountered by the Enterprise NX-01 in "Future Tense" was influenced by the TARDIS,
Quote:
The Star Trek: Department of Temporal Investigations novel Watching the Clock features the DTI vault that contains all the confiscated time machines. One time machine is described as a big blue box, a reference to the TARDIS.
Quote:
The 1966 serial "The Power of the Daleks" took place on a rocky planet named Vulcan. Based on the dates when this story was written and aired, this almost certainly happened by coincidence.
Quote:
There have been at least three direct references to Star Trek in the 21st century Doctor Who revival.
Quote:
In the audiobook Pest Control by Peter Anghelides, the Doctor's companion Donna Noble gives herself and the Doctor aliases based on Star Trek characters. Specifically, she dubs the Doctor "Dr. McCoy" and takes the alias of "Capt. Kirk" for herself, and is in fact referred to by that name on several occasions until the ruse is discovered.
(My family listened to this audiobook. I remember this.)

More details at:
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Doctor_Who

Old 03-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #5
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Lightbulb

I'm thinking a Warehouse 13, the Librarian and Doctor Who blend could be interesting.

The Doctor discovers that artifacts have been getting transferred back and forth between the Warehouse and the Library....odd because somehow the Warehouse folks and the Librarian and unaware of the other's existence....

Old 03-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #6
pkscout

I gotta be honest, I never once thought of something like this. All these universes have their own stories and continuum. Mixing them together just seems like you'll end up with a cup of crap.

I suspect I'm over analyzing it though. So how about I add Buffy the Vampire Slayer to the list. That should balance out the thinking part.
pkscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #7
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Lightbulb

Harry Potter should've been on this list!

Old 03-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #8
kmccbf

Don't ask me why adding Buffy to the mix made me think of adding Gilligan's Island to it.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:26 AM   #9
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Lightbulb

How about classic Batman?

The Doctor notices signs of a nuclear reactor (at the Batcave) and goes to investigate.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:27 AM   #10
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmccbf View Post
Don't ask me why adding Buffy to the mix made me think of adding Gilligan's Island to it.
Could the Doctor rescue the castaways...or would that be messing with a fixed point in time?

Old 03-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #11
kmccbf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaMo View Post
Could the Doctor rescue the castaways...or would that be messing with a fixed point in time?
Definitely a fixed point in time. But you could have the Professor fix the TARDIS with a coconut battery, and a broken sonic screwdriver. Of course he could take Mary Ann as a companion for a while.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #12
SnakeVargas

The Following. I'm pretty sure Amy and Rory were followers.

Kevin Bacon shooting one of those annoying companions would have been the best thing since Adric had that mishap around the time the dinosaurs became extinct.
SnakeVargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #13
Philosofy
Super Duper Member

Twilight Zone
Dark Shadows
Buck Rogers
Battlestar Galactica
Star Trek Voyager
Highlander
Lost
Time Tunnel
Old 03-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #14
Philosofy
Super Duper Member

Oh, and add Quantum Leap, Early Edition, and Journeyman.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #15
Philosofy
Super Duper Member

M*A*S*H
All in the Family
Old 03-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #16
ThePennyDropped
Now I get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmccbf View Post

Personally, I would like to see the Doctor visit the set of Doctor Who. Alternate universe mirror, mirror type of thing. The real Doctor finding himself on the set with the actor playing him.
I remember (from probably 30+ years ago) reading a Star Trek short story (probably fanfic) about the crew of the Enterprise and the cast of Star Trek swapping places due to some phenomenon. Can't remember the name or author, though. Maybe something like "Visit to a Weird Planet", and then a followup story, "Visit to a Weird Planet Revisited"...something like that.
ThePennyDropped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #17
doom1701
I blue myself!

A long time ago I read a Doctor Who /Highlander fanfic. It was actually my first exposure to Doctor Who. I should try to find a copy of it.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:35 AM   #18
cheesesteak
Meh.

Fringe, Fringe, Fringe. The Doctor and Walter Bishop for an hour would have been tv gold.

Hail Hydra!
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:56 AM   #19
ScubaCat
Shades of Blue......

Big Bang Theory. Sheldon and Dr. Who? Yes.
ScubaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #20
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Lightbulb

How about the Hardy Boys discover a Tardis and seek out its owner?

Old 03-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #21
kmccbf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePennyDropped View Post
I remember (from probably 30+ years ago) reading a Star Trek short story (probably fanfic) about the crew of the Enterprise and the cast of Star Trek swapping places due to some phenomenon. Can't remember the name or author, though. Maybe something like "Visit to a Weird Planet", and then a followup story, "Visit to a Weird Planet Revisited"...something like that.
I still have the second story in a book somewhere. You have the titles right. The first was about the crew finding themselves on the set. The second was the cast finding themselves on the real enterprise. I thought it was one of the better pieces of fan fiction.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #22
Craigbob

Quote:
Those two stories came from a couple of collections "Star Trek: The New Voyages" Books one and two. Those are two stories that still stick with me. I don't know if I still have my copies (bought new in the '70s when they came out) or not. They are still available on Amazon.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #23
ThePennyDropped
Now I get it.

It's really scary that there are three of us whose brains are full of stuff like ST fanfic from the 70s instead of useful information, isn't it?
Old 03-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #24
kmccbf

Quote:
It's really scary that there are three of us whose brains are full of stuff like ST fanfic from the 70s instead of useful information, isn't it?
I work in a library - that kind of information is always useful.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:16 PM   #25
Jstkiddn

My daughter was telling me some joke she read somewhere about there needing to be an episode of Doctor Who where the Tardis goes missing and the Doctor enlists the help of Justin Timberlake because he is the only one who can bring sexy back.

Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #26
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
More than three....

betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #27
ThePennyDropped
Now I get it.

I guess now we have enough of us to form a support group.