TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-03-2012, 09:19 AM   #31
InterMurph

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
WAAAAHH!! Kat is the face of the entitled generation.
Nonsense; she's the face of herself. She's an immature, borderline-narcissistic woman-child. But she doesn't represent anything or anybody but herself.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:21 AM   #32
VegasVic
Craps Player

I don't think Tarzan is all that well liked by the other guys but I think it would be foolish to take him to the final 3 and give the jury guys the option of voting for him. Best to have an all female final 3 and take gender out of the voting equation.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:27 AM   #33
dirtypacman
Coming and going

I also noticed Kim stash and was laughing - is that really what I think it is.

The blind side was classic. You could tell Kat was getting very anxious with all talk about her at tribal. Although I was happy to see her go I am hoping they all gang up on Kim. I really can't believe they are not conspiring against her, or maybe they are not showing it. She has played a great game but if anybody thinks they can win against her in the end they are morons.
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #34
EscapeGoat
wPod

Many women have mustaches. Most of the time they're plucking, bleaching, shaving, or waxing them so you don't notice.
EscapeGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #35
laria
Librocubicularist

That and it's really easy to get a sunburn on your upper lip that darkens and makes it look like a mustache. I know this because it happened to me once. They looked they were getting pretty fried during that hang over the water challenge.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #36
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeGoat View Post
Many women have mustaches. Most of the time they're plucking, bleaching, shaving, or waxing them so you don't notice.
And now we see why they do that. Lots of guys are total jerks.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #37
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeGoat View Post
And covering them with make-up.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #38
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
From listening to comments from men on here, they are very willing to overlook stupidity when it comes to a cute woman. And the jury is full of men.
I doubt that the men on the jury are enthralled by Kat at all. And I do not see her appeal to any other man. She looks inbred, and her relationship with her cousin affirms the notion. Why didn't she have a boyfriend or fiance who wanted to see her? I mean from outside of her gene pool?

And her Kattitude throughout the season has been, IMHO, the embodiment of the stereotype of the entitled generation of today's youth. There is no shame in displaying ignorance, and expects good things to just come to them, because that has been their life experience of no consequences for bad behaviour.

And if she understood that "irony" isn't what the maid does with her laundry, she might be able to put her exile from the tribe into perspective. The tribe has spoken, and they want YOU out.

Buh-bye!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #39
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I mean, she's like, 28! That comment was so ridiculous. Does she really think that people lose all their abilities before 28 and that she should have beat Kim just because she's younger?
I said to my wife as soon as the challenge was shown that Kim would win. She is like the lightest person there, so she didn't have to hold as much weight as the others.

Christina actually impressed me with how long she lasted in it.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #40
David Platt
Manually-adjusted

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
Why didn't she have a boyfriend or fiance who wanted to see her? I mean from outside of her gene pool?
That seems like a really weird thing to nitpick on. Everybody had somebody visit them who is important in their lives.

Sabrina, Kim, Christina, Alicia, and Chelsea all had family members visit them. Should they have all had boyfriends or fiances visit them as well?
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #41
pmyers

That challenge sure did lend itself to some GREAT camera shots!
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #42
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer2006 View Post
I think Kat's vote is a throw-away vote at this point. She's too immature to actually vote using any kind of rationality at all. She will be the biggest butt-hurt jury member there.

Blindsides aren't so funny and exciting when you're on the wrong side of one now are they Kat? LOL!!

If there's a way that Kim can get to the end with some combination of Tarzan, Alicia, and Christina it'll be a blow-out (minus Kat's vote of course). Sabrina has really taken a back seat since the merge, and I think Kim can make a better argument to the jury than Chelsea can.

I don't think that Kat would have gotten many votes from the jury - between the appendix and all the goofy dumb stuff she did and let's be honest here, the whole time she has been a pawn, nothing more. I think the smarter decision last night would have been to eliminate Alicia because I think that she can be a bit more manipulative and sow seeds of doubt and paranoia better than anyone else left which leads to irrational thinking and decisions.

The worst final 3 I could imagine would be Tarzan, Christina, and Alicia. It would be quite the fitting end to a pretty bad season though.

I don't think Kim wins if she takes Tarzan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
I don't think Tarzan is all that well liked by the other guys but I think it would be foolish to take him to the final 3 and give the jury guys the option of voting for him. Best to have an all female final 3 and take gender out of the voting equation.
Agreed.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #43
dhelsley

Quote:
Maybe I'm cold hearted but I don't see the big deal in not selecting Christina and Tarzan for the reward. They have less than a week to go, deal with it.
My wife and I talked about that too, and we both agree. I understand the feelings about Christina and her father, but if it was THAT important to her to spend more time with him, maybe she shouldn't have gone on the show in the first place.
dhelsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #44
VegasVic
Craps Player

From Kat's bio on CBS.com on why she thinks she will win:

Quote:
My life has already played this game and I won. I have faced life and death situations at a very young age. I’m a fighter and I’ll never quit. I’m very good at getting my way, talking people into things and ultimately marketing and selling myself. I may be a 22-year-old blonde but I’m much tougher than I look. I want to be the youngest female to ever win the game!
Also:
Quote:
My skills to manipulate and socialize will ultimately help me survive Survivor. I have always taken the “leader role” with my friends, family and co-workers. I build relationships, talk my way out of tickets, and socialize my way to the top. My skill set is very strong and it comes to me naturally, like breathing. I definitely think I will be an important member of the group.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #45
tiams

I would have picked Christina and her father. Yes, she could have not gone on Survivor if she wanted to spend more time with him. But I looked at it like this: how many chances do she and her father have left to have an experience like this together? Having a celebratory lunch together in a beautiful locale on a TV show. He will be dead in a few years. Even Tarzan and his wife (and the other survivors with their respective loved ones) when the show is over can look forward to many trips, experiences, and events together. Christine and her dad don't.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #46
Snappa77
RUDEBWOY

Jury seems to be turning into Bitter Bettys and Kim is the target of their wrath.

I would not take Tarzan to the end either which is sad cuz he is just as guilty as the girls.

Is ANYONE going to look for the immunity idol?
2 R10's- GONE
2 COMCAST HD TiVo DVR's. SofaKing slow.
Snappa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #47
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Most satisfying blindside ever!

Blindsides are fun and exciting, right Kat? Touche!

Hefe's a cruel man, but fair.~edhara
That hefe, he's really smart!~Fish Man
hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #48
pmyers

Touche! lol
Old 05-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #49
VegasVic
Craps Player

No one must be looking for the II, unless for some reason they didn't hide a new one when Troy used his. I almost forgot Kim has one.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #50
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
No one must be looking for the II, unless for some reason they didn't hide a new one when Troy used his. I almost forgot Kim has one.
Is she still hiding it in her crotch?
Old 05-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #51
pmyers

Quote:
I have a feeling that Kim must have already told everybody and they just didn't show it.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #52
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterMurph View Post
But as is quite common these last few seasons, we have a clear winner, and we have a bunch of also-rans who simply refuse to even think about voting her out.
As is quite common these last few seasons, we have what SHOULD be a clear winner, and then we have a bunch of bitter jury members that all get together at Ponderosa and poison each others' attitudes, and then they come to final Tribal Council and they're not interested in respecting the person that played the best. Instead, they're selfishly trying to spite the person that "cost them their chance to win."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappa77 View Post
Is ANYONE going to look for the immunity idol?
I don't think there is another Hidden Immunity Idol available. Kim still has hers, and she's wisely keeping it secret. Troy played his two episodes ago, and if it had been placed back into the game, the winner of last week's reward challenge (Kim) would have been given a clue to locate it. However, since there is already one HII still in play, and only a couple tribal council's left where it can be played, I think they're not putting another one out there.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #53
LordKronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebberwocky! View Post
LOL. I couldn't understand a word she said in the car.

"Is that REAL ketchup?" No Kat, the show can't afford your ritzy "real" ketchup like you get from McDonalds.
LordKronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #54
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKronos View Post
LOL. I couldn't understand a word she said in the car.

"Is that REAL ketchup?" No Kat, the show can't afford your ritzy "real" ketchup like you get from McDonalds.
she also said "I got outwit".
Old 05-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #55
WO312

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
As is quite common these last few seasons, we have what SHOULD be a clear winner, and then we have a bunch of bitter jury members that all get together at Ponderosa and poison each others' attitudes, and then they come to final Tribal Council and they're not interested in respecting the person that played the best. Instead, they're selfishly trying to spite the person that "cost them their chance to win."

I don't think there is another Hidden Immunity Idol available. Kim still has hers, and she's wisely keeping it secret. Troy played his two episodes ago, and if it had been placed back into the game, the winner of last week's reward challenge (Kim) would have been given a clue to locate it. However, since there is already one HII still in play, and only a couple tribal council's left where it can be played, I think they're not putting another one out there.
I think there IS one available. If you remember, Troyzan tried to find it and then tried to trick everybody into thinking he had it. They were concerned enough that they threw some votes to Christina.
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #56
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I would have picked Christina and her father. Yes, she could have not gone on Survivor if she wanted to spend more time with him. But I looked at it like this: how many chances do she and her father have left to have an experience like this together? Having a celebratory lunch together in a beautiful locale on a TV show. He will be dead in a few years. Even Tarzan and his wife (and the other survivors with their respective loved ones) when the show is over can look forward to many trips, experiences, and events together. Christine and her dad don't.
I'll preface this by saying I think Kat should have probably taken Tarzan and Christina, but knew she wouldn't because she doesn't have a sympathetic bone in her body.

That being said, I also don't quite understand the direness that people seem to apply to Christina's father, unless I just plain missed something.

I don't know much at all about kidney ailments and the sort, but I thought that Chirstina had said her father had a kidney transplant a year ago or within the last year or some such. From the little I've seen of it, I thought people's health took a drastic turn for the better shortly - within hours? - of a successful transplant surgery. He seemed to look pretty healthy from what they showed of him, and especially when he ran out, it didn't seem like he was in failing health.

I just don't get the 'he'll be dead in a couple of years' train of thought. For those with more knowledge of this, am I really off base? Or did I miss something that painted a much more dire picture from the broadcast?

Oh, and it looked like Tarzan's wife has had JUST a bit of work done herself! Their reunion was sweet though.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #57
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by WO312 View Post
I think there IS one available. If you remember, Troyzan tried to find it and then tried to trick everybody into thinking he had it. They were concerned enough that they threw some votes to Christina.
While it's possible, they've never shown us that a clue has been given. Troyzan went looking because ever since Russell Hantz, that's what you do. But it doesn't mean that there actually is anything hidden.

It's also possible that there is a HII hidden but nobody ever finds it, so any reference to it has been edited out of the show, since it doesn't affect the overall story.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #58
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
...That being said, I also don't quite understand the direness that people seem to apply to Christina's father, unless I just plain missed something...
Christina specifically said he probably had 5-10 years to live. That's what we/they are going on.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #59
tiams

Quote:
I'll preface this by saying I think Kat should have probably taken Tarzan and Christina, but knew she wouldn't because she doesn't have a sympathetic bone in her body.

That being said, I also don't quite understand the direness that people seem to apply to Christina's father, unless I just plain missed something.

I don't know much at all about kidney ailments and the sort, but I thought that Chirstina had said her father had a kidney transplant a year ago or within the last year or some such. From the little I've seen of it, I thought people's health took a drastic turn for the better shortly - within hours? - of a successful transplant surgery. He seemed to look pretty healthy from what they showed of him, and especially when he ran out, it didn't seem like he was in failing health.

I just don't get the 'he'll be dead in a couple of years' train of thought. For those with more knowledge of this, am I really off base? Or did I miss something that painted a much more dire picture from the broadcast?

Oh, and it looked like Tarzan's wife has had JUST a bit of work done herself! Their reunion was sweet though.
Christina herself said he only has a few more years left.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #60
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:

When my brother had a kidney transplant in 1999, he was told that the average lifespan of a donated kidney was 10-15 years. That number could be increased or decreased depending on how closely the donated kidney matched, how diligent the donee is about taking the necessary medication, the age of the donee, the overall health of the donee, etc. My brother was 18 at the time. He's been fine ever since, and has shown no signs that he'll need another kidney anytime soon, but we all expect that he'll need another transplant sometime in the next 10 years or so.

Perhaps Christina's dad, because of his age and whatever condition caused him to need a transplant in the first place, was told not to expect his transplanted kidney to last past 5-10 years, and that he would likely not be eligible for another transplant at that point due to his age.