TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
jlin

Any retention Premier deals now the new boxes are out?

I have 2 Premier boxes gathering dusts in the closet. Is there any good deals to re-activate them either monthly or lifetime service?
jlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #2
BlackBetty
I <3 TiVo!

Lol. Good luck. My suggestion would be to wait till Christmas time and you should
Be able to find the boxes for $100 cheaper.
BlackBetty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
GriffithStrife

After doing a little research I think I will be lucky to get 400 for my lifetime Elite do you really want to invest more in your premieres right now.
GriffithStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #4
jlin

I already have 2 Premier boxes.. they just need service.

I wonder if they'd offer the $99 special on the 3rd generation HD boxes now that the new boxes are out.
jlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:36 AM   #5
steve614
what ru lookin at?

No word as of yet. Maybe you can call TiVo and be the first to find out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:52 AM   #6
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlin View Post
I already have 2 Premier boxes.. they just need service.

I wonder if they'd offer the $99 special on the 3rd generation HD boxes now that the new boxes are out.
I got the $99 lifetime deal on a HD after purchasing a Roamio+free Stream+lifetime . I requested it and she told me she "fought to get it and it was a one-time only thing. "(Same line as when I got it on my HDLX after buying a Premiere+lifetime 2 years ago.)
Old 08-21-2013, 06:03 AM   #7
jhilla

Question My Series 2DT is dead, I want to quit the TIVO! Are you sure? Yes...

That's similar to what they told my wife when we tried to close our account when your Series 2 DT went dead on us. We said we had no extra money and would reluctantly go back to a cable DVR to be included in our bill. They said um no, how about we give you a Series 4 XL.. We said no we can't commit, it's still too expensive.. Fine will throw in a Wireless G Tivo Adapter, she said ok. So we just had to agree to stay put for 2yr at $19.95 A MONTH. a bit step, but aside from the glitches it's been decent. We barely watch as it is and at this very moment I am only holding at 50% full. Unless things change for us after this coming year we will be ending our run that is unless I can convince them to give me a Lifetime for $99 or lower. Otherwise what's the point.

Although one question for everyone jumping on the Romario wagon, the built in streamer will that playback everything you record even if protected? or same rules as before..
jhilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:54 AM   #8
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhilla View Post
That's similar to what they told my wife when we tried to close our account when your Series 2 DT went dead on us. We said we had no extra money and would reluctantly go back to a cable DVR to be included in our bill. They said um no, how about we give you a Series 4 XL.. We said no we can't commit, it's still too expensive.. Fine will throw in a Wireless G Tivo Adapter, she said ok. So we just had to agree to stay put for 2yr at $19.95 A MONTH. a bit step, but aside from the glitches it's been decent. We barely watch as it is and at this very moment I am only holding at 50% full. Unless things change for us after this coming year we will be ending our run that is unless I can convince them to give me a Lifetime for $99 or lower. Otherwise what's the point.

Although one question for everyone jumping on the Romario wagon, the built in streamer will that playback everything you record even if protected? or same rules as before..
You were paying $19.95 per month (and not $12.95) for a Series 2?

Too bad you didn't get them to include $99 lifetime for that S2 in the deal.

Even though dead, the crypto chip, and therefore the lifetime sub that's attached to the TiVo Service Number on the chip, could be moved to another S2 DT motherboard.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote