TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #1
HeatherA
Old AVS Forum Member

Live TV button not switching tuners

I've just noticed the last few days that my live TV button on my remote no longer switches tuners. This is on my TiVo premiere 4 tuner. The only difference is I recently started using a TiVo slide remote. I can't remember if it started before or after the switch. I pulled out my old remote and get the same results. I also unplugged my bt dongle and still had the same results. The only thing I haven't done yet is reboot the TiVo.

Has anyone else run into this?

Roamio Basic 477HDHr TiVo Prem.4 237HDHr TiVo Prem.XL 157HDHr TiVo Prem. 192HDHrx2 TiVo Mini

Retired
TiVoS2DT 560hr HDVR2 104hr Phillips 14hr TiVoS2(40hr) DTiVo 69hr TiVoHD 21HDhr
HeatherA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
HeatherA
Old AVS Forum Member

Just an FYI... I rebooted the TiVo and still can not switch tuners with the "Live TV" button. I did find out I can switch between recording tuners using the "Enter" button.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Roamio Basic 477HDHr TiVo Prem.4 237HDHr TiVo Prem.XL 157HDHr TiVo Prem. 192HDHrx2 TiVo Mini

Retired
Old 01-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
Balzer

Note

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherA View Post
Just an FYI... I rebooted the TiVo and still can not switch tuners with the "Live TV" button. I did find out I can switch between recording tuners using the "Enter" button.

Does anyone have any ideas?
I had this issue a couple times after programming a separate universal remote. Not sure why that would cause the issue.

Anyway, what I think I had to do was remove the battery from the original remote and reinstall it, then use that remote. Give that a try.

Roamio/Stream (Sep '13 - Present)
Premiere "B" (July '12 - Oct '13)
Premiere "A" (August '11 - Present)
TiVo HD (July '07 - July '12)
TiVo S1 (August '01 - July '07)
Balzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #4
HeatherA
Old AVS Forum Member

Thanks Jeff. I seem to have it working again. I went into remote setup and re-did the code for my TV for both TV Power and Input. I don't know if it helped, or if it was just a coincidence, but it seems to be working again.

Retired
Old 01-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #5
Arcady
Stargate Fan

There's an issue with the Live TV button taking on a different role. The old Series 1 remotes had a combo Live TV/List button. If your universal remote sends that IR command instead of the modern Live TV command (or you use a Series 1 remote to do it), it tells the TiVo to change the function of what that button press does. If the TiVo detects a press of the modern Live TV button, it should normally switch back to the original function.
Two TiVo Minis

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #6
ogre73

Live button not swapping and "Now Playing" not working

My setup is a Harmony 670 remote and a Premiere with dual cable card from Comcast. I have the original peanut remote as well.
For over two years I have had no problems with the remote commands to my TiVo, but i am currently having an intermittent problem with my Live button not swapping tuners.
It will register that the button has been pushed (the yellow light blinking on the front of the unit), and it will go to live tv both from a recording and from tivo central, but it will not swap tuners. This is on both my Harmony remote and the original TiVo remote.
In addition, I have a button on my Harmony remote that is programmed with the code to go straight to Now Playing. This has also worked for over two years but in the last month has all of a sudden been acting up at exactly the same time as the Live button.
This has been happening about once a week, but recently has been happening daily. Rebooting fixes the issue, but I really don't want to have to reboot every week or day. Anyone else having this issue, or is it just me, and if so, why?
ogre73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #7
bdj6020

I just started having this issue today. We're you ever able to fix it?
bdj6020 is offline   Reply With Quote