TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

Celebrity Apprentice - 4/29/2012

There's still half an hour left, but just as every previous week, Dayana is so much more mature and professional than Lisa. If only Trump could see the footage we do. I fear this may be her final week, though.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:02 PM   #2
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Ahhhh, thank goodness Dayana's gone. And again, I felt the wrong team won.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #3
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

I've been on Dayanna's side 'til tonight. She was totally clueless in this task. Let Lisa and Clay do what they do best and get out of the way.

The editing has helped Trump's girl look good. He owns this show and Miss Universe. He controls how she is represented. No editing could save her tonight.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #4
2004raptor

This was a weird one for me. I missed the first 45 - 50 minutes or so. I only started watching right before Clay and Dayana had their run in.

Was she trying to tell him how to sing? It didn't look like that to me, just on how to move or stand. Still maybe not best to critique him but if it wasn't about actual singing I don't see the harm.

And they spent waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on Lisa/Dayana in the boardroom.

Glad Dayana is gone because she really didn't doo much the entire show but that's just my take on things.

Not sure who I want to win at this point.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:54 AM   #5
markz
Hilarity Ensues

I can't wait to see if Lisa turns on Clay next. Now that her punching bag is gone, she will be looking for someone to put down, to pump herself up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #6
tiams

Glad to see Trump isn't going to let Dayana get by on her looks anymore. Enough is enough. I know some of her problem has been the language barrier (maybe that's why she can't hear whether words rhyme????) But "Add some pink" to the music? WTF?

After Arsenio shot down Aubrey's first 2 ideas (cheerleading which they ended up doing, and tap dancing which he finds racist) he suddenly realized he was going to be SOL if Aubrey made him come up an idea on his own. He said to her something like, I hope you don't shut down since I didn't like the initial ideas. He knocks Aubrey at every turn, but totally relies on her to do everything.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #7
tiams

I have never heard of Good Sam. Why does he have a Halo? Is he a guardian angel? If so, nobody mentioned that.

Arsenio's refusal to tap dance reminded me of how black people were recently all up in arms over Burger King's commercials with Mary J. Blige singing about how she liked fried chicken and Burger King was forced to pull the ads.

I hope Lisa rub off on Clay too much.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #8
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
But "Add some pink" to the music? WTF?
She said "add some Pink." Pink is a popular recording star and Dayana wanted more of her type of music, not doo wop.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:10 AM   #9
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJones1023 View Post
There's still half an hour left, but just as every previous week, Dayana is so much more mature and professional than Lisa.
I'm really worried that Lisa is going to end up winning. First Joan Rivers and then Lisa? Why would Trump want such awful people representing The Apprentice?

(and when I say "awful people", I'm not talking about their professional personae---I'm talking about what's seen on the show)
Amnesia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:25 AM   #10
mcb08
Hoya for life!!

I know what you mean, but has Joan Rivers ever really represented The Apprentice? I don't think I've ever heard her referred to as "Celebrity Apprentice winner Joan Rivers". As opposed to Bill Rancic...I think that he officially changed his first name to "Celebrity Apprentice Winner Bill" I'm pulling for Clay at this point.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:28 AM   #11
mcb08
Hoya for life!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
This was a weird one for me. I missed the first 45 - 50 minutes or so. I only started watching right before Clay and Dayana had their run in.

Was she trying to tell him how to sing? It didn't look like that to me, just on how to move or stand. Still maybe not best to critique him but if it wasn't about actual singing I don't see the harm.

And they spent waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on Lisa/Dayana in the boardroom.

Glad Dayana is gone because she really didn't doo much the entire show but that's just my take on things.

Not sure who I want to win at this point.
She was telling him where to stand. Clay's point was that he's been on stage enough to know where he should stand.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:29 AM   #12
tiams

Quote:
She said "add some Pink." Pink is a popular recording star and Dayana wanted more of her type of music, not doo wop.
She said add some pink or yellow. I know who singer Pink is, and that's not what Dayana meant. Is Yellow a popular recording star too? Clay surely knows who Pink is and he didn't say yes, Oh, like the singer, he said yeah, why not add green too.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #13
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

I guess I didn't get what she was saying, then.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #14
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
I have never heard of Good Sam. Why does he have a Halo? Is he a guardian angel? If so, nobody mentioned that.
Good Sam = Good Samaritan = someone who helps you out when you need it

If your car breaks down and they are there to rescue you, then yes, he is a guardian angel of sorts.

Quote:
Dayana wanted more of her type of music, not doo wop.
And Dayana was right when she didn't want to stick with just 50's or 60's music. The judges even said that it seemed too dated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #15
mcb08
Hoya for life!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post

If your car breaks down and they are there to rescue you, then yes, he is a guardian angel of sorts.

And Dayana was right when she didn't want to stick with just 50's or 60's music. The judges even said that it seemed too dated.
She also suggested Duran Duran. Her problem was she was clueless about music so she couldn't really make any suggestions.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #16
jeepair

Dayana was the PM. I don't care if she told Clay to stand on his head and moan, then he should do it. If the exec's don't like it, then Dayana should be fired.

Both he, who I like, and Lisa, who I can't stand, railroaded Dayana. I don't care if Clay is probably 99.9% correct, respectifully disagree with your PM and if they still say to do it xyz way, then shut your mouth and proceed.

The exec said Dayana wasn't visible during the presentation. I'm 99% sure if Dayana said she wanted to sing/dance then Lisa would have very loudly yelled blah blah blah blah and eventually Dayana would have caved.

Sorry to see that Dayana didn't mention those things but I guess you can only take so much.

Lisa should have been fired and I'm pulling for Arseno or Clay.

My 2 cents.
jeepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #17
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post

Their mascot is confusing. A good Samaritan and a guardian Angel are two very different things. A good Samaritan is a earthly human being who goes out of their way to help someone on the road. A guardian angel is a supernatural being with a halo. He is also very unappealing.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #18
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
A guardian angel is a supernatural being with a halo.
No, that's an angel.

A guardian angel is someone (angelic or not) who "looks out for" a specific person and tries to find ways to help them.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #19
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Man Aubrey is so annoying I can't stand listening to her talk. I think her downfall will be that she is not a team player. All the Trump kids seem put off by her pulling them aside to bash her teamates.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:08 AM   #20
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
Dayana may have been terrible at this task, but I would have fired Lisa. The way she spoke to Dayana, with the insults and hissy fits and crying, was totally unprofessional and uncalled for. I wouldn't want someone that unstable working for me.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #21
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
No, that's an angel.

A guardian angel is someone (angelic or not) who "looks out for" a specific person and tries to find ways to help them.
Guardian angels are a supernatural belief. Real people do not have halos.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #22
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Real people do not have halos.
True.
Quote:
Guardian angels are a supernatural belief.
Only strictly speaking. While it's true that the phrase "guardian angel" originally had a supernatural connotation, the term is now used generically (and secularly) to refer to a (human) person who looks out for someone else.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #23
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Guardian angels are a supernatural belief. Real people do not have halos.
Curtis Sliwa disagrees.

Anyway- it's a freaking mascot- an imaginary creature.
Marlins don't wear baseball jerseys either but that didn't stop Billy Marlin the mascot from running around in one for twenty years.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #24
MarkofT

Dayana is in the running for most useless person alive. She isn't all that bright. It doesn't appear that is it possible for her to shut up and listen. And she doesn't listen even when she does shut up. Whenever someone made a negative comment in her direction, she nodded and smiled, as if the comment only made her point instead of indicating one of her many failures.

Lisa isn't upset that Dayana is pretty. She was quite pleased at the results of the photo shoot last week. Lisa is upset that Dayana is so stupid that she believes she is smart. I don't think she's not been on a team with Dayana for the entire race. Stupidity is very tiring. Dayana was the only person other then Gotti to set her off. I don't foresee her flipping out on anyone unless Dayana is brought back to her team during the finale event.
MarkofT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #25
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenahboy View Post
Ahhhh, thank goodness Dayana's gone. And again, I felt the wrong team won.
I agree with you this week

Given the target audience, the 60's style ditty was much more on target.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #26
Langree
The Gimp

Quote:
Their mascot is confusing. A good Samaritan and a guardian Angel are two very different things. A good Samaritan is a earthly human being who goes out of their way to help someone on the road. A guardian angel is a supernatural being with a halo. He is also very unappealing.
Good Sam has been around a LONG time, their target audience used to be RV owners.

The halo was just used to show it was a "good" guy, when you saw that sticker you knew they were a member of the "good sam club"
Old 04-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #27
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
(...) when you saw that sticker you knew they were a member of the "good sam club"
As opposed to the "evil sam club"---a more more interesting group, IMO...
Old 04-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #28
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
The editing has helped Trump's girl look good. He owns this show and Miss Universe. He controls how she is represented. No editing could save her tonight.
Can you back up your claim that Trump "owns this show"?
There are "The Apprentice" shows filmed and airing in other countries (there IS a world which exists in reality -- and reality television -- outside of the USA). Are you asserting that they all pay Trump a license fee/royalty?

Quote:
Glad to see Trump isn't going to let Dayana get by on her looks anymore. Enough is enough. I know some of her problem has been the language barrier (maybe that's why she can't hear whether words rhyme????) But "Add some pink" to the music? WTF?
I also think that Dayana was initially referring to the musical act "Pink", but when Lisa and Clay mocked her, then she went along with it my mentioning other colors. It's just edited to expand on the producer/director's episode storyline of cluelessness.

Listening to Adam Carolla's podcast scene-by-scene breakdown of his departure episode shone a bright light on the difference between what actually happens on the show in real time and the final edited-for-tv presentation.

Quote:
After Arsenio shot down Aubrey's first 2 ideas (cheerleading which they ended up doing, and tap dancing which he finds racist) he suddenly realized he was going to be SOL if Aubrey made him come up an idea on his own. He said to her something like, I hope you don't shut down since I didn't like the initial ideas. He knocks Aubrey at every turn, but totally relies on her to do everything.
Arsenio tip-toed around Aubrey and tried to have his task run as smoothly as possible. He was apparently unaware of her backstabbing efforts against him. I had never heard of her before this show, and I hope to never hear of her after the show. Unfortunately, thanks to "entertainment news" I am now aware of the Kardashians and Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie, so there will probably be more of Aubrey on tv in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb08 View Post
Bill Rancic...<snip>... officially changed his first name to "Celebrity Apprentice Winner Bill"
FYP.

Quote:
By that definition, a mob hitman or enforcer or bodyguard would also qualify as a "guardian angel".

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:19 PM   #29
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
As opposed to the "evil sam club"---a more more interesting group, IMO...
Or the "son of Sam" group ... [shudder]

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #30
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
Can you back up your claim that Trump "owns this show"?
One of the production companies for the show is Trump Productions. I don't know if they have a stake in licensed versions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
By that definition, a mob hitman or enforcer or bodyguard would also qualify as a "guardian angel".
I'm not sure where you get a mob hitman, but I don't think bodyguards generally qualify because they're getting paid for the job. IMO, the term implies an unpaid role.