TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
jgadget

New Premiere gets S02 error on data load

I just bought 2 new Premieres ($99 from 6th Ave Electronic). One went through the guided setup fine. The 2nd makes the 1st connection fine, but when it tried to get the Tivo update (14.6?), it fails on the loading of data (gets to 99%, then displays Error S02). They are both hard wired to the network.

I have not activated them yet, but that should not be the issue as one of them works fine.

Tried to power down the box as it recommended, removed/re-inserted cable card and no luck.

How can I do a hard reset on this thing without completing guided setup? Any way to bail out before the update and do a factory reset? Any key shortcuts?

I dont wan't to return them to the store as that is just a hassle.

Any help would be appreciated.

John
New Jersey
3 Tivo HD XL
4 Tivo Premiere
Piles of DirecTivos no longer used
jgadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
tommymarvel

Me too

I'm having the exact same problem and could also use a way to bail out before the update and do a factory reset.
tommymarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #3
rainbow

Getting Error S02 on my premiere

It seems to be intermittent. I have a 3-yr warrenty on this Premiere. Is this a problem that I should contact TIVO about and maybe get the unit switched out?

Just as an fyi, right now my premiere is hooked up via my phone line. Went fine on Sunday, but yesterday evening when I checked, there was Error S02.

I will see when I get home tonight if it has made the daily call ok today, or if I still get the S02 error.

Wondering if this issue might be some flaw in the machine.

-----------
got home last night and it had updated.

Last edited by rainbow : 05-02-2012 at 10:34 AM. Reason: update
rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote