TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #31
Necromancer2006

Not that this was the leg for 1M, but Big Brother lost out on 20k. He should have stepped up and said cut your hair, if we win the leg, we'll get $$, a trip (which we can use on our honeymoon) or a prize. Not to mention we'll be one step closer to the million dollars and for finishing no worse than 4th, we'll get enough $$ to buy a wig until your hair grows back.

We always knew Rachel was vain and insecure, but with (potentially) a million dollars on the line, she won't do whatever it takes.

This is the 2nd time that there's been very little strategy happening and instead the racers recognize just how extremely far back the last team is so there really wasn't a sense of incredible urgency.

Team BP went from having it together to really breaking down haven't they? They just looked wiped out and exhausted. I think the race is Dave and Rachel's to lose. They seem to have everything hitting on all cylinders.
Necromancer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #32
Necromancer2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
Not to my knowledge. It's fair game for anyone until it's taken, as far as I know.

I was wondering why the border patrol guys kept harping on Brendan and Rachel, when they could have tried to goad Vanessa and Meathead into doing it, too, but I am guessing that Vanessa got wind of what it involved and would not have done it.
I don't understand why they thought it would make any difference. The four that were there were the ones who were going to be the final four anyway (due to Kentucky being over 3 hours behind).
Necromancer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #33
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer2006 View Post
We always knew Rachel was vain and insecure, but with (potentially) a million dollars on the line, she won't do whatever it takes.
I don't know if I could do it. Like the BP guy even said, it is a tough thing for a woman to do.

She was blubbering about the $500 extensions, but I don't think that was really an issue. The main thing was really just losing all her hair.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #34
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Not to my knowledge. It's fair game for anyone until it's taken, as far as I know...
See that's what I was wondering. They "took" it, but then didn't use it. Does that mean that another team could have used it? But, then, the other teams saw that it had been "taken"....how would they know if it's not been used? That's what puzzled me...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #35
wendiness1
WiiMomma

Men just don't understand about women and their hair.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #36
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
See that's what I was wondering. They "took" it, but then didn't use it. Does that mean that another team could have used it? But, then, the other teams saw that it had been "taken"....how would they know if it's not been used? That's what puzzled me...
Nobody "took" it. Every team got the FF clue in their clue pouch, and any of them could have gone for it. If more than one team were there at the same time, there would be a race to see who finished first. Remember a few episodes ago when Dave & Rachel and Joey Fitness & Danny were stacking the hay bales at the same time? Dave & Rachel won, and Joey Fitness & Danny had to go back and do all the tasks and were way behind.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #37
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
I don't know if I could do it. Like the BP guy even said, it is a tough thing for a woman to do...
As the husband of a wife who's gone through losing her hair due to chemo from breast cancer treatment, I can say that there are FAR worse things than losing your hair. While not technically her choice, it's a small price to pay...

XL4
Old 04-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #38
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Wendiness, you mentioned earlier that the Speed Bump in this episode solidified for you that the non-elim in the previous episode had to be preplanned. What did you mean by that?
Old 04-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #39
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Quote:
In the past, if you arrive at the Fast Forward and somebody else has already completed the challenge and taken it then there will be a sign that says that the Fast Forward has already been claimed. Then the team has to go back and complete a different challenge.

It isn't claimed until somebody finishes the task. And many of the challenges let multiple teams compete for it where the first team who completes it gets it and the other has to go back and do a different task.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #40
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
See that's what I was wondering. They "took" it, but then didn't use it.
They didn't take it... it hasn't been taken until it's complete.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #41
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Also, it seemed to me that it took FOREVER for team KY to get to the FF. Could have been creative (or poor) editing I guess...

XL4
Old 04-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #42
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
No kidding. That pissed me off. I don't mind the occasional preview that gives something minor away, but that was extremely uncalled for. Now we'll know next week that
Spoiler:
whoever gets to the mat first will have to turn around and go back.
Spoiler:
Don't we usually know anyways by the time the team arrives to the mat that they screwed up in someway?

JFriday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #43
wendiness1
WiiMomma

Quote:
Wendiness, you mentioned earlier that the Speed Bump in this episode solidified for you that the non-elim in the previous episode had to be preplanned. What did you mean by that?
It just seemed to me to have been a task that involved more preparation and planning than would be comfortable in the short time given. They've done other Speed Bumps in the past that would have been much more simple to pull together.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #44
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
Spoiler:
Don't we usually know anyways by the time the team arrives to the mat that they screwed up in someway?
Spoiler:
We may have a pretty good idea, but we don't know for sure until Phil says something. Without that spoiler, we'd be on the edge of our seats wondering whether Team A is going to get a penalty or whether they'll win. Now, we just sit back and say, "Ho hum, Team A has to go back and fix something, no big deal"

Old 04-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #45
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendiness1 View Post
It just seemed to me to have been a task that involved more preparation and planning than would be comfortable in the short time given. They've done other Speed Bumps in the past that would have been much more simple to pull together.
We're talking about the same challenge, right? The paint the tiger on the belly challenge? What about that challenge would have required lots of preparation and planning? The tiger belly guys were there dancing anyway at the temple where the teams had to take off their shoes to receive the clue. How would it require much preparation and planning to have one team paint a tiger on one of the guys' bellies?
Old 04-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #46
plateau10

Quote:
Spoiler:
We may have a pretty good idea, but we don't know for sure until Phil says something. Without that spoiler, we'd be on the edge of our seats wondering whether Team A is going to get a penalty or whether they'll win. Now, we just sit back and say, "Ho hum, Team A has to go back and fix something, no big deal"
Spoiler:
Keep in mind it's a two-hour finale. I'd guess it's far more likely the screw up will be on the first leg, not the finish line. Unless I'm not remembering the preview correctly (can't recall if he said anything that would definitely have made it the finish line. I seem to remember all the previous contestants giving each other shocked looks, as if they were reacting, but that could just be misleading editing).

Edit: yep, disregard all of above. I re-watched it and it's clear it's the finish line. I still think there's going to be a trick to the preview, because I doubt they would have given that much away.

Last edited by plateau10 : 04-30-2012 at 03:17 PM.
plateau10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #47
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Ah the Race is an hard master. Would've been an all time TAR moment if BB had missed a wheelbarrel of elephant dung.
But why was Vanessa so concerned about it? I'm sure if Brendan and Rachel had miscounted, the people handing out clues would not have given them their next clue.

There was no reason to bring it up there at the mat except to start trouble.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #48
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Spoiler:
No, the screw-up is clearly on the FINAL finish mat.

The two-hour finale looks like it'll be two one-hour episodes back-to-back with a Philimination at the end of the first hour and the final three teams duking it out for the second hour.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #49
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
There is no way in hell that Bopper and Mark chase that FF. SOME other team would have done it. It's a complete waste of time to try for it 3+ hours after everyone else has left.

I was almost hoping Art and JJ would have come in last, just so someone could have said "You bitched about other teams not doing the FF... why didn't YOU go do it?"

I now hope Brendon and Rachel don't win. $500 on extensions versus $1,000,000. Hmmmm... tough choice. She didn't even have the models' excuse about needing her hair for her job.

Vanessa really showed her class implying that B & R cheated on the wheelbarrows. The guy in the dung cart was doing the counting... it didn't matter what Rachel said. He said they were good, so they're good. They were handed the clue and continued on. If Rachel had complained that her count was different from the cart guy's count, then I can see it. But she didn't, and God knows she WOULD have if she thought she was right! "Nobody messes with MY count!"
smeeked

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #50
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by plateau10 View Post
Spoiler:
Keep in mind it's a two-hour finale. I'd guess it's far more likely the screw up will be on the first leg, not the finish line. Unless I'm not remembering the preview correctly (can't recall if he said anything that would definitely have made it the finish line. I seem to remember all the previous contestants giving each other shocked looks, as if they were reacting, but that could just be misleading editing).
Based on other spoilers I've read, the finish line for the race this season is in
Spoiler:
Hawaii. The teams go from India to Japan, and then finish in Hawaii.

So based on that information, it seems that the spoiler we saw at the end of this episode showed Phil
Spoiler:
standing at the finish line on the beach in Hawaii. The rest of the previously Philiminated teams react because they're there to hear Phil tell that team to go back and finish the challenge. So it pretty much ruins any suspense that might have existed in next week's finale, unless the team that has to go back and fix something was so far ahead that it then makes the finishing order more exciting.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #51
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

What puzzled me about the preview was
Spoiler:
the people/teams were not familiar. I didn't recognize them. Maybe I should re-watch it, but it looked like people I had never seen before...

XL4
Old 04-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #52
wendiness1
WiiMomma

Quote:
We're talking about the same challenge, right? The paint the tiger on the belly challenge? What about that challenge would have required lots of preparation and planning? The tiger belly guys were there dancing anyway at the temple where the teams had to take off their shoes to receive the clue. How would it require much preparation and planning to have one team paint a tiger on one of the guys' bellies?
I didn't realize the dancers were there anyway. I thought they had to dig them up somewhere and transport and all that.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #53
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendiness1 View Post
I didn't realize the dancers were there anyway. I thought they had to dig them up somewhere and transport and all that.
If you go back and watch when the first team gets to that point of the race, those guys are there dancing.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #54
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

How about this for a conspiracy theory:

The producers knew that Brendan and Rachel would be the first eligible team to receive the FF clue, and would thus almost certainly go for it. They also knew that making Rachel shave her head would generate all kinds of Rachel drama. Rachel drama = good TV. Thus, is it possible that the producers decided to insert the "shave your head" FF just before the beginning of this leg, when it appeared very likely that Rachel was going to be the first one presented with that choice?
Old 04-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #55
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
But why was Vanessa so concerned about it? I'm sure if Brendan and Rachel had miscounted, the people handing out clues would not have given them their next clue.

There was no reason to bring it up there at the mat except to start trouble.
Perhaps she thought that it was up to the contestants to determine when they'd filled the requirements i.e the clue people weren't in on the count. Looking back yes that does not make sense.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #56
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

If only Kentucky had taken the four hour penalty at the very beginning of the Bollywood dance roadblock (like when they realized it was choreographed dancing), they MIGHT have made it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sushikitten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #57
zuko3984

I have no problem with Rachel not wanting to shave her head. I'm a guy and I would have trouble doing that. I'd probably do it but i know it wouldn't just be any easy thing. And i really think most women would have a hard time with it. I really think it is a lot harder for a women to walk around completely bald. Sure it's a race but some things are more important then winning. Everyone has a limit and i have no problem with her limit being shaving her head.
And winning the fast forward does not guarantee winning the leg or even not being eliminated. All it does is let the team go right to the pit stop. Now in all likely hood the fast forward would enable the team to win the leg but one bad cab driver or mechanical problems or any number of things can happen. So really it would be shaving your head for a good chance at winning the leg but no guarantee.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
zuko3984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #58
trainman
Nice to see you

Re the preview for next week:

Spoiler:

Quote:
The rest of the previously Philiminated teams react because they're there to hear Phil tell that team to go back and finish the challenge.
Because of editing, nothing should be assumed about what you see in the preview. For all we know, those shots of the other teams "reacting" were just random shots taken while waiting for the 3 final teams to arrive.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:08 PM   #59
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
Re the preview for next week:

Spoiler:

Because of editing, nothing should be assumed about what you see in the preview. For all we know, those shots of the other teams "reacting" were just random shots taken while waiting for the 3 final teams to arrive.
Of course that's possible. But it's pretty clear that both they and Phil are all
Spoiler:
on a beach in Hawaii, which is the location of the finish line for this season.
So whether those reaction shots were genuinely filmed
Spoiler:
as Phil told the team they had to go back, or whether they were recreated for the camera,
it doesn't really matter. What matters is that the previews gave away a very key piece of information, which I would argue was going too far, even for a preview.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #60
stellie93

I think it's unfair to have the shave-your-head thing if there some teams who are all male. It's like having some physically heavy lifting thing that a woman could barely be expected to do and then letting all male teams zip right through it. If all the teams have at least 1 woman on them, then that would be ok.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote