TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

The Amazing Race 4.29.12

What, no penalty for "taking" the FF then not using it? Doesn't that unfairly eliminate other teams from using it?

I couldn't care less now who wins...I was REALLY pulling for team KY...but win or lose, they certainly had more fun and one of the best attitudes of any team in the history of TAR.

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Agreed.

The penalty was the time it took to get there and back to the challenge. Any number of people can do the FF with the first one finished getting the FF. As no-one had done it, that left it open for Mark & Bopper. Unfortunately, they were over three hours behind the last pair to leave, plus having to do the speed bump, meant they were still the last to arrive.

I agree that there's no-one worth pulling for now.

Ah well. We'll still watch, but don't care which pair of losers wins the whole shebang. Except, of course, those BP idiots!
Old 04-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #3
Ment

Ah the Race is an hard master. Would've been an all time TAR moment if BB had missed a wheelbarrel of elephant dung.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #4
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
There is no way in hell that Bopper and Mark chase that FF. SOME other team would have done it. It's a complete waste of time to try for it 3+ hours after everyone else has left.

I was almost hoping Art and JJ would have come in last, just so someone could have said "You bitched about other teams not doing the FF... why didn't YOU go do it?"

I now hope Brendon and Rachel don't win. $500 on extensions versus $1,000,000. Hmmmm... tough choice. She didn't even have the models' excuse about needing her hair for her job.

Vanessa really showed her class implying that B & R cheated on the wheelbarrows. The guy in the dung cart was doing the counting... it didn't matter what Rachel said. He said they were good, so they're good. They were handed the clue and continued on. If Rachel had complained that her count was different from the cart guy's count, then I can see it. But she didn't, and God knows she WOULD have if she thought she was right! "Nobody messes with MY count!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come join us October 5-12, 2014!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #5
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
What, no penalty for "taking" the FF then not using it? Doesn't that unfairly eliminate other teams from using it?
Huh? Why would it?

Anyone can go to it. Whoever actually finishes it first gets it.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #6
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Nuts, I wanted to see Rachel with a shaved head.

Those finale previews...

Spoiler:
"You're the first to arrive; however, you didn't complete part of the roadblock."

Old 04-29-2012, 10:05 PM   #7
debtoine
WTTWDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenahboy View Post
Those finale previews...

Spoiler:
"You're the first to arrive; however, you didn't complete part of the roadblock."
Nothing would make me smile bigger

Spoiler:
than if Rachel and Brendan are the ones who screw up.

deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

debtoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #8
zuko3984

I am probably the only one but at this point I am rooting for Rachel and Brendan.
Vanessa & Ralph well do i really have to say anything about Vanessa and why i don't want her to win. Art & J.J. are the biggest whiners and complainers and just seem like complete jerks to me. Rachel and Dave Are ok i guess, but just something about Dave and the way he sometimes treats Rachel bothers me. So i actively dislike two of the teams and the third i dislike one member so by default i am rooting for Rachel and Brendan.

zuko3984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:50 PM   #9
VegasVic
Craps Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
I was almost hoping Art and JJ would have come in last, just so someone could have said "You bitched about other teams not doing the FF... why didn't YOU go do it?"
They used the FF in leg 4, they couldn't use this one.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:09 PM   #10
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
Thank you... I had forgotten. I was mindboggled that they wouldn't just go do it.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:32 PM   #11
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuko3984 View Post
I am probably the only one but at this point I am rooting for Rachel and Brendan.
Vanessa & Ralph well do i really have to say anything about Vanessa and why i don't want her to win. Art & J.J. are the biggest whiners and complainers and just seem like complete jerks to me. Rachel and Dave Are ok i guess, but just something about Dave and the way he sometimes treats Rachel bothers me. So i actively dislike two of the teams and the third i dislike one member so by default i am rooting for Rachel and Brendan.
I am not rooting for them but I am close to rooting for them. I am rooting for Dave and Rachel (I like Rachel and she gives as good as she gets) now that Bopper and Mark are out.

My second choice though is Brendan and Rachel just because the other two teams have made themselves far too unlikable. It would be great Karma to see their negativity rewarded by finishing behind Brendan and Rachel.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #12
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuko3984 View Post
Thus putting a whole new face on the phrase "crying all the way to the bank."

I have news for that girl, and for Vanessa, too. Nothing you can do to the outside makes you pretty if you are ugly on the inside, and they are both ugly down to the bone.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:27 AM   #13
Marc
Now Legally Married

TC CLUB MEMBER
The clue for the roadblock said that Brendan and Bopper had to do the roadblock, but no one seemed to explain why that was.

Was it due to the number of roadblocks that their partners had done, thus making it so that Brendan and Bopper had to do all the remaining ones?

Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:41 AM   #14
wendiness1
WiiMomma

Well, this episode convinced me that the non-elim last episode was authentic and not thrown in at the last minute. The task they had to complete was too complex to have been able to pull together that quickly.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:40 AM   #15
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
Ah...I see. I thought they couldn't use this one because someone already "used" it. That's why I wondered about a penalty. I thought if someone chose the FF (even if they didn't use it like last night), then no one else could choose it.

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:20 AM   #16
VegasVic
Craps Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
The clue for the roadblock said that Brendan and Bopper had to do the roadblock, but no one seemed to explain why that was.

Was it due to the number of roadblocks that their partners had done, thus making it so that Brendan and Bopper had to do all the remaining ones?
Rachel and Mark had done 5 and Brendan/Bopper had done 3
Old 04-30-2012, 06:44 AM   #17
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
The only way I can forgive the producers for telling Bopper and Mark to go for the FF is if it made no difference. They were sooo far behind that there was no way they'd catch up and get ahead of another team. It did add that little bit of excitement to an otherwise obvious elimination.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:51 AM   #18
loubob57
Running Fool

TC CLUB MEMBER
It looked to me like the sky was starting to dim a good bit by the time Bopper & Mark got to the mat. I think that even with the FF they were still an hour or more behind. They were trying to make it look like they had a shot, but I really don't think they did.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #19
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
It looked to me like the sky was starting to dim a good bit by the time Bopper & Mark got to the mat. I think that even with the FF they were still an hour or more behind. They were trying to make it look like they had a shot, but I really don't think they did.
This. I thought it was a fake out the whole time. I never thought they really had a shot. The BP guys I used to think were pretty smart, but really they aren't. They could have WON the leg, but chose not to go for the FF. They spent more time worrying about the other teams and less about their own game play which was average at best.

B&R? Well, I think they tried to make them as sympathetic as possible, but I just can't get the Rachel of BB out of my head and how disrespectful she was toward the others in the house. Seems she's getting a bit of comeuppance here.

I'm rooting for Rachel and Dave. They fight, but when the chips are down, they get it done and work together. I'm kind of convinced that if wife and I were in the same situation, we'd fight like that too. It's very stressful. But in the end, we'd get it done.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #20
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
This. I thought it was a fake out the whole time. I never thought they really had a shot. The BP guys I used to think were pretty smart, but really they aren't. They could have WON the leg, but chose not to go for the FF. They spent more time worrying about the other teams and less about their own game play which was average at best.
They did the Fast Forward earlier in the season where they landed the remote control helicopter on the helmet. As such, they were not eligible to use the FF in this leg.

I would have loved to have seen KY use the FF that R&B passed on, then finish ahead of BP and see them go balistic! Oh well.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:01 AM   #21
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I'm rooting for Rachel and Dave. They fight, but when the chips are down, they get it done and work together.
I think this about sums it up for me. As much of a 'hole as Dave has been, Rachel knows when to shut up and when to hand it back to him. I keep thinking he'll go ballistic or she'll cave and shut down, but they get past it and work together well.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #22
Hippster
<something here>

I almost threw the remote at the TV when Rachel started whining about her $500 hair extensions and how she needs her hair to look pretty. Wow just wow. She clearly has no realization that they are actually on A RACE now instead of Big Brother.
Hippster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #23
Jebberwocky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippster View Post
I almost threw the remote at the TV when Rachel started whining about her $500 hair extensions and how she needs her hair to look pretty. Wow just wow. She clearly has no realization that they are actually on A RACE now instead of Big Brother.
The reality of it is that she would have ended up cutting her hair for $20 thousand. I have no problem whatsoever with he not wanting to cut her hair.

My wife did comment that she would cut her hair today for 20k, if only we could find someone to offer us the cash!
Jebberwocky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #24
MarkofT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post

I wonder if it was a medical thing. Wasn't Mark made to do the skydiving thing in the first or second episode?
MarkofT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #25
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
I almost threw the remote when they left, and she kept asking "Do you WANT me to cut my hair?" and he kept saying no. Dude, man up. The answer is "Yes, because 1000000 > 500, but you'll have a Rachel Meltdown(TM) if I say anything other than 'no'."

Old 04-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #26
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofT View Post
I wonder if it was a medical thing. Wasn't Mark made to do the skydiving thing in the first or second episode?
Pretty sure the skydiving restriction was weight-based.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #27
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Pretty sure the skydiving restriction was weight-based.
I'm not sure about that. I mean, I'm sure there are weight restrictions, but Bopper is not bigger than Mark (or big at all).
Old 04-30-2012, 11:46 AM   #28
kettledrum

Do teams have to declare that they are not doing the FF, and then can't change their mind later? Could Vanessa and whatever his name is gone back and done the FF when they found out it hadn't been done yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
I am rooting for Dave and Rachel (I like Rachel and she gives as good as she gets) now that Bopper and Mark are out.

My second choice though is Brendan and Rachel just because the other two teams have made themselves far too unlikable. It would be great Karma to see their negativity rewarded by finishing behind Brendan and Rachel.
This is exactly my line of thinking too...
kettledrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #29
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kettledrum View Post
Do teams have to declare that they are not doing the FF, and then can't change their mind later? Could Vanessa and whatever his name is gone back and done the FF when they found out it hadn't been done yet?
Not to my knowledge. It's fair game for anyone until it's taken, as far as I know.

I was wondering why the border patrol guys kept harping on Brendan and Rachel, when they could have tried to goad Vanessa and Meathead into doing it, too, but I am guessing that Vanessa got wind of what it involved and would not have done it.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #30
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenahboy View Post
Those finale previews...
No kidding. That pissed me off. I don't mind the occasional preview that gives something minor away, but that was extremely uncalled for. Now we'll know next week that
Spoiler:
whoever gets to the mat first will have to turn around and go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendiness1 View Post
Well, this episode convinced me that the non-elim last episode was authentic and not thrown in at the last minute. The task they had to complete was too complex to have been able to pull together that quickly.
What about the belly painting task was so complicated that they couldn't have put that together in less than a day?
Quote:
The only way I can forgive the producers for telling Bopper and Mark to go for the FF is if it made no difference. They were sooo far behind that there was no way they'd catch up and get ahead of another team. It did add that little bit of excitement to an otherwise obvious elimination.
I'm pretty sure that the producers gave some strong hints to Mark and Bopper that they should go for the FF. They probably already knew that Mark & Bopper were out, and Mark & Bopper may have even known that, but given how long they had to keep the challenges open in the previous episode, they didn't want to have to do that again. The logistics are very complicated, and I'll bet the producers wanted to get the leg finished and get out of India rather than sitting around for another 3-4 hours waiting for Mark & Bopper to make rope and shovel elephant dung.