TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
jeffw_00

2 second Audio dropouts, 1-2x per program

Hi - I haven't been able to find anything on point about this, but surely I'm not the only person to experience this. A TivoHD with a WD 1TB internal drive and no other problems. Randomly, but maybe once every 30 minutes of program, there's a single 1-2 second audio dropout. It's always repeatable (i.e., if you backup, it happens again), and the video is fine. Rebooting the TiVo doesn't help, and I really don't know what else to try.

Is there perhaps some way to rebuild the disc to have it detect any new bad sectors or something? Or maybe I need to replace it? It's just getting to the verge of being annoying so I'm willing to put some effort into a sure fix.

Thanks very much!
/j
jeffw_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
L David Matheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffw_00 View Post
Hi - I haven't been able to find anything on point about this, but surely I'm not the only person to experience this. A TivoHD with a WD 1TB internal drive and no other problems. Randomly, but maybe once every 30 minutes of program, there's a single 1-2 second audio dropout. It's always repeatable (i.e., if you backup, it happens again), and the video is fine. Rebooting the TiVo doesn't help, and I really don't know what else to try.

Is there perhaps some way to rebuild the disc to have it detect any new bad sectors or something? Or maybe I need to replace it? It's just getting to the verge of being annoying so I'm willing to put some effort into a sure fix.

Thanks very much!
/j
Have you tried watching live TV, preferably using a different tuner (not in the TiVo)? Why are you so sure that the dropouts are not signal problems?
L David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
jeffw_00

Well, I have FiOS, and TiVo says signal strength is strong, and when I switched from COMCAST to FiOS a few months ago the issue didn't change at all.
jeffw_00 is offline   Reply With Quote