TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-11-2012, 01:24 AM   #1
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Justified S03E13 "Slaughterhouse" 4/9/12

Wow!

When Quarles's arm got chopped off I yelled out oh "f*ck, oh sh*t!"

Oh and then Quarles reached for his arm and Raylan held it away from him! Classic!

I can't believe Arlo took the fall for Boyd.

The scene with Duffy in the trailer was fantastic! Wow! Duffy screaming after Raylan left and then played right into the opening was great.

Who survived? Dickie? Quarles? Errol? No one seemed in a hurry to help keep Quarles from bleeding out. Can a knife used for butchering really slice through flesh and bone that easy?

That was a pretty great twist that Arlo shot Tom. Did not see that coming at all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:28 AM   #2
Unbeliever
Random Nobody

If it was done at the elbow, that's all tendon. Heavy knife with momentum, sure. It will be dislocation first, and that dislocation will give enough room to slice through the tendons. Raylan was holding the other end.

"It's a piggy bank!"

--Carlos V.
Unbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:30 AM   #3
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Just rewatched the beginning and love Duffy saying "I have a permit for that in my other pants."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Old 04-11-2012, 01:48 AM   #4
getreal
postcrastinator

Just imagine Mitch's Facebook page the next day:

Went camping with Mom and my brother after the Christian Rock concert.
(12 Likes)
Then we were abducted at gunpoint by a crazy dude in a 3-piece suit!
(843 Likes)
Then I was forced to call a Federal Marshall to help us collect $500K from a pig farmer ...
(12,524 Likes)
The money was hidden inside a dead pig! The crazy bad guy called it a "piggy bank" ...
(150,972 Likes)
Then he got his arm chopped off and died ... the cops said he was "disarmed" ...
(1,362,798 Likes)
Mom says I still have to go back to school on Monday ...
(18 Likes)

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:41 AM   #5
Ment

So Raylan was wearing the gun that killed Gary as his backup gun?
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:41 AM   #6
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
Oh and then Quarles reached for his arm and Raylan held it away from him! Classic!

The scene with Duffy in the trailer was fantastic! Wow! Duffy screaming after Raylan left and then played right into the opening was great.
Both amazing scenes.
Quote:
Considering that (as Raylan figured out before I did) last episode ended with Arlo trying to kill his real son, it shouldn't be THAT surprising that this one ended with him protecting the son he chose...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Heh!
Old 04-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #7
philw1776

Good to see Winnona again. Man is she hot. If she played her cards right with me...
Loved the twist with Arlo shooting 'the cop in a hat'.
"You can keep that one." The gun used by Quarrels to murder Gary.
Ava can't be beating on "the talent" though. Could hurt revenue.
I miss Tom, a favorite character. Great Dad for his kids.
Johnny, we hardly knew ye. Ava's gonna be pissed in Season 4 when she figures it out.
I predict a Downton Abbey Matthew style recovery for Johnny in S4 before Ava wacks him.

Great setup of Limehouse's 'disarming' scene by the writers. We watched him wield that cleaver all season chopping up pigs, and then...
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:30 AM   #8
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post
Great setup of Limehouse's 'disarming' scene by the writers. We watched him wield that cleaver all season chopping up pigs, and then...
Loved it. The whole season we were focusing on Quarles' rig, but when it came down to it the cleaver was the surprise.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #9
tiassa
Me --Avatar

Quote:
I suspect that he picked it up on the way figuring that he would have the chance to "give it back" to Quarles
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #10
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Wow!

When Quarles's arm got chopped off I yelled out oh "f*ck, oh sh*t!"

Quarles wanted his favorite toy back. Limehouse broke it.

"I disarmed him."

Quote:
That was a pretty great twist that Arlo shot Tom. Did not see that coming at all.
I figured that out from the top when Boyd and Johnny asked Arlo what he was thinking. He also said at that top, "I saw a cop in a hat."

With Arlo on his meds he decided to take one for the family. I wonder how Helen will do in jail.

Quote:

Who survived? Dickie? Quarles? Errol? No one seemed in a hurry to help keep Quarles from bleeding out. Can a knife used for butchering really slice through flesh and bone that easy?
Dickie is running around and Johnny is a traitor so next season we can have Boyd taking care of them and Limehouse.

What I didn't pick up on is where Errol went subversive. It looked like he played Limehouse's script to the letter, other than Boyd being sharp enough to figure it out.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

Last edited by MikeAndrews : 04-11-2012 at 05:48 PM.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #11
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Heh!
Wow. I didn't pick on that. Doh! I was wrongly thinking they matched it to the sleeve gun.

Great move, Raylan.
UVerse and OTA

Old 04-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #12
matt@thehickmans
Hemo_jr

Liked it, but not as much as previous seasons' finales. That Raylan's father would shoot someone else, mistaking him for Raylan, and to save Boyd? I know there was animosity between father and son, but that much did not quite jibe.

Quarrels lasted too long after losing all hope and support, his desperate plays should have got him killed/captured sooner. Then Raylan let a half dead Quarrels get the drop on him a bit too easily and lead him around like he had a rope in his nose. Not even bad guys have that much stamina, nor luck.

And if all Elstin wanted was to be left alone, why did he play cat and mouse with Mags money? Not sure criminals like Elstin usually have the self-control he does. The guy was simply too wise to be believable. Nor does it quite ring true that the whole banker to the crime bosses would be beneficial to either Elstin or his depositors.
matt@thehickmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #13
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
Dickie is running around and Johnny is a traitor so next season we can have Boyd taking care of them and Limehouse...

What I didn't pick up on is where Errol went subversive. It looked like he played Limehouse's script to the letter, other than Boyd being sharp enough to figure it out.
Raylan shot Dickie last episode, he is definitely not running around anywhere. It did not seem to be a fatal shot, but we don't know for sure. So he is either dead, or in jail.

As for Errol, I completely forgot that he was on Limehouse's bad side. Remember he told the guy to hit Quarles's Oxy operation? Limehouse told him he had to stick around long enough to fix it. I'd not remembered that at all. But, he showed back up at the right time, so he might have earned forgiveness.

Quote:
Wow. I didn't pick on that. Doh!
I did not pick up on it either! Very slick.

- billypritchard
Old 04-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #14
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt@thehickmans View Post
Liked it, but not as much as previous seasons' finales. That Raylan's father would shoot someone else, mistaking him for Raylan, and to save Boyd? I know there was animosity between father and son, but that much did not quite jibe.
I think you are forgetting that Arlo took Raylan hostage and intended to turn him over to Bo Crowder, who would kill Raylan, back in Season 1. Raylan only got out of that by shooting his own father. The bad blood there runs deep. Considering that Boyd had become the son to Arlo it makes perfect sense he wouldn't hesitate to take out Raylan if he was seeming to threaten Boyd.

- billypritchard
Old 04-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #15
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt@thehickmans View Post
And if all Elstin wanted was to be left alone, why did he play cat and mouse with Mags money?
He was somewhat forced to in order to honor Mags' wishes that Loretta, not Dickie, get the money. Because of Dickie's machinations, why not set everyone else up and take over?

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #16
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Raylan shot Dickie last episode, he is definitely not running around anywhere. It did not seem to be a fatal shot, but we don't know for sure. So he is either dead, or in jail....
I'm thinking in as how he visited Ellie Mae. That might have been before he was shot.
UVerse and OTA

Last edited by MikeAndrews : 04-11-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #17
Gerryex

Just a quick question so I don't have to re-watch it.

When Johnny was on the phone and revealed that he gave up Boyd about the buried body, who was he on the phone with. Was it Limehouse?

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #18
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
I'm think in as how he visited Ellie Mae. That might have been before he was shot.
I think that was just a lie told by Johnny. He did go see Ellie Mae trying to track down his money, but it was a couple days before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryex View Post
Just a quick question so I don't have to re-watch it.

When Johnny was on the phone and revealed that he gave up Boyd about the buried body, who was he on the phone with. Was it Limehouse?

Gerry
Yes, he was talking to Limehouse.

- billypritchard
Old 04-11-2012, 02:37 PM   #19
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Boyd still thinks that Limehouse has Mags' $3.5 Million, too.
UVerse and OTA

Old 04-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #20
Ment

Quote:
Well did you see all the hogs still hung in the shop?
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #21
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Raylan shot Dickie last episode, he is definitely not running around anywhere. It did not seem to be a fatal shot, but we don't know for sure. So he is either dead, or in jail.
If Dickie is supposed to be dead, the writers would have either shown it or stated it clearly. Last we saw of him he was squirming on the ground and holding his leg. He's alive.

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #22
Idearat

I felt bad not noticing that Raylan successfully put the murder weapon back in Quarles hand. But I did notice a couple things.

We had the guest appearance by Cathy Ryan so the FX family is still keeping each other employed.

And what was really odd was that the orange VW van used was the exact same van used in last night's episode of NCIS. As both shows are shot in SoCal they must have rented it from the same company. A swap of license plates and religious stickers for striped curtains the only changes made.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #23
Legion

Quote:
Loved this scene. The look on Raylan's face as he pulled it slightly out of reach was the best.

Did feel ad for Raylon as he walked out at the end and said "cop in a hat line". It registered with me at the same moment you see Winona's expression change. Powerful.
Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #24
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Well did you see all the hogs still hung in the shop?
One little piggie is named Lo Retta.
UVerse and OTA

Old 04-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #25
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Just now catching up so forgive the muli-quote from hell

Quote:
I literally had to rewind that because it was so funny! Raylan and his deadpan looks are just gold.

Quote:
I can. He's not only getting dementia (nice defense) but Boyd is the only "son" he's ever bonded with. I'm sad about that entire situation but it is what it is. Had Raylan chose the gangster path instead of being a cop, I'm sure Arlo would have adored him too. But the fact that he honestly thought he shot Raylan to save Boyd is all kinds of tragic. I want to give Raylan a hug because even though he'll never show it or admit it, that had to cut to the bone.

Quote:
I LOVED this. They could not have shot that any better right into the opening. Duffy lives on!

Quote:
I swear on my cats I called it. My boss asked me who I thought did it and I was thinking of all the people it could have been. We knew we saw Quarles' gun hanging out his sleeve and the gunshot was far too loud for that gun. Then I watched it again and figured that was why they had the entire thing with Arlo pointing a gun at Ava and locking her in the cellar. I just figured he did it out of confusion or aiming at Quarles. The truth is so much worse and sad.

Quote:
Not backup gun. Throw away gun. HUGE difference.

Quote:
"I disarmed him."
That was perfect. I will just pretend it was Tim that said it and be annoyed we didn't get to see it first hand.

Quote:
Yeah Dickie is probably in infirmary healing from his gunshot then back to gen-pop, no? That means we can have more Dickie and Dewey Crowe next season!

Quote:
I'm thinking in as how he visited Ellie Mae. That might have been before he was shot.
It was.

Quote:
Does he? I know we [and Raylan] know Loretta has it but who else knows the truth in our gang of bandits?

So Errol was shot by Quarles but dead? If not, I wonder if Limehouse will see in his heart to give him another shot or still send him out into the night. Speaking of... I guess he'll have to find a new "piggy bank" now that it's been exposed.

I don't know why I'm such a sucker for Boyd and Ava's little love affair. I have been since that first kiss by his truck. I loved him saying "they know I'd always come back for you" when giving the reason why he wouldn't run. awwww I heart Boyd so much.

I'm happy with the season. I'm bummed it's over now but at least I have Game of Thrones to tide me over a couple more months.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #26
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
Just imagine Mitch's Facebook page the next day:

Went camping with Mom and my brother after the Christian Rock concert.
(12 Likes)
Then we were abducted at gunpoint by a crazy dude in a 3-piece suit!
(843 Likes)
Then I was forced to call a Federal Marshall to help us collect $500K from a pig farmer ...
(12,524 Likes)
The money was hidden inside a dead pig! The crazy bad guy called it a "piggy bank" ...
(150,972 Likes)
Then he got his arm chopped off and died ... the cops said he was "disarmed" ...
(1,362,798 Likes)
Mom says I still have to go back to school on Monday ...
(18 Likes)
[Like] +1
UVerse and OTA

Old 04-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #27
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
...Does he? I know we [and Raylan] know Loretta has it but who else knows the truth in our gang of bandits?
Dickie knows. He's enough of the always coming-back scumbag that he might make another move for it if he ever gets out again - and he always seems to. First he really needs to get rid of Raylan.

Quote:
... I guess he'll have to find a new "piggy bank" now that it's been exposed.
How good of a bank vault is a rotting pig carcass anyway?
UVerse and OTA

Old 04-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #28
nyny523
Oy

As soon as they got through the scene in the trailer with Raylan and Duffy, I knew it was going to be a good one. I was screaming at the TV at the end of that scene - it was PERFECT!

And the "disarming"? HO-LY CRAP!!!

I love this show - too bad we have to wait so long for next season!!!
Old 04-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #29
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
As for Errol, I completely forgot that he was on Limehouse's bad side. Remember he told the guy to hit Quarles's Oxy operation? Limehouse told him he had to stick around long enough to fix it. I'd not remembered that at all. But, he showed back up at the right time, so he might have earned forgiveness.
I totally forgot about that.

I liked Limehouse's and Errol's addition to the show. Quarles was absolutely great for a while but he turned into a Wile E. Coyote type plot device for the last 5-6 episodes.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #30
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
I don't know why I'm such a sucker for Boyd and Ava's little love affair.
Ick. I hate it. It makes Boyd seem weak.

- billypritchard