TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-25-2012, 04:32 AM   #1
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

Glee - "Dance with Somebody" - April 24, 2012

Great episode. I had been wondering what was up with Kurt's dad and Wil Schuster's wedding.

I wish they didn't have Kurt sing "I Have Nothing." The song was way too big for his thin, nasally, and annoying voice.

Nice cold open. It was pleasing to hear them perform without instruments.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
Lori
Social Defective

I loved this episode. Very strong musically.

I thought that "How Will I Know" might have been close to the best thing they've ever done.

Plus, dancing Brittany.

"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #3
brebeans

I used to love Glee, but this season has just made me nearly give up on it!

It's occasionally good, with occasion good segments, but overall, I'm not "feeling the love" anymore. What's up? I want to like it and keep tuning in, only to find that I find it sort of annoying, silly and disinterested.

Anyone know what's up for next season? New cast of characters? New storylines? Will Sue get interesting and funny again?

brebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #4
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
Great episode. I had been wondering what was up with Kurt's dad and Wil Schuster's wedding.
I wonder if they'll remember that Burt needs to run for re-election in order to remain being a Congressman after noon on January 3.
Spoiler:
As for Will and Emma's wedding, Fox has already released the episode descriptions for the remaining episodes, and none of them mention the wedding. The last five (two of which will air back-to-back on May 15) are: Rachel and Kurt's NYADA audition; Prom (remember, half of the cast are juniors); a "fantasy" episode where Tina gets a concussion during rehearsal and dreams that everybody has become somebody else; Nationals; Graduation.

Then again, I can see one of two things happening: either they hold it as part of the graduation ceremony, or they have it during Nationals, probably during the award ceremony where, right after the wedding, they announce that Vocal Adrenaline won, but that doesn't stop the New Directions kids from celebrating anyway.

That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #5
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Musically, "How Will I Know" was easily one of the best, if not the best, that Glee has ever done. Hopefully they learn from this and continue to do more "pure" vocals in the future.

From there, it went a bit downhill. "Dance With Somebody" had an over-AutoTuned vocal from Heather Morris buried in a really bad dance mix of the song. "Saving All My Love For You" just sort of laid there for me, and was rather blah. "It's Not Right But It's OK" was definitely one of Darren's worst vocals on the show. "I Have Nothing" sounded like it was straining the top of Chris' vocal range.

Story, meh, but that's typical these days. The idea that these Glee kids are angst-y about Whitney is a little bit of a stretch, and more so that they're using it as some sort of psychological vehicle for expressing their emotions about graduating. Like most of the time on Glee, it was at best an average story that allowed them to sing songs. As long as you don't expect more than that (and I don't) it was OK.

(Frankly, anyone who expects more than that from Glee is deluding themselves. As long as you approach it on the basis of what it is, not what you want it to be, it's actually not a bad little show.)
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #6
SNJpage1

This is the first season that I havent transferred songs to my PC from the show. Singing just hasnt been there for me.
Having watched the show last year where people tried out for appearing on Glee it has been nice seeing the guy with the dreds having more than just 3 shows. I dont know if people who did not watch the contest can follow his story line as easily as those that did see it.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #7
Lori
Social Defective

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNJpage1 View Post
This is the first season that I havent transferred songs to my PC from the show. Singing just hasnt been there for me.
Having watched the show last year where people tried out for appearing on Glee it has been nice seeing the guy with the dreds having more than just 3 shows. I dont know if people who did not watch the contest can follow his story line as easily as those that did see it.
I didn't watch the Glee Project. What about Joe's story would you think I would be missing?

"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #8
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNJpage1 View Post
Both Damian McGinty and Samuel Larsen won 7 episode runs. It was the other two, Lindsay Pearce and Alex Newell, that won 2 episodes each.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori View Post
I didn't watch the Glee Project. What about Joe's story would you think I would be missing?
Not much, at least not much that you wouldn't surmise from his character on the show. Ryan Murphy noted Samuel's (the actor playing Joe) tattoos, and Samuel explained that they were references to Bible verses and that he was a Christian. In response, Ryan suggested that if Samuel won Glee Project, that his character could reflect that and be a sort of indie rocker type of a Christian, a guy that is honest about his belief, but not be what you might expect a Christian character to be like.

Over the course of the show, Samuel became friends with another contestant, Cameron Mitchell, who was also a Christian, and ended up asking to leave the competition because he was concerned about the possibility of having to portray a romantic relationship with someone who is not his girlfriend, among other things he thought Hollywood might make him do that go against his beliefs.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:45 PM   #9
TriBruin

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
Both Damian McGinty and Samuel Larsen won 7 episode runs. It was the other two, Lindsay Pearce and Alex Newell, that won 2 episodes each.

Not much, at least not much that you wouldn't surmise from his character on the show. Ryan Murphy noted Samuel's (the actor playing Joe) tattoos, and Samuel explained that they were references to Bible verses and that he was a Christian. In response, Ryan suggested that if Samuel won Glee Project, that his character could reflect that and be a sort of indie rocker type of a Christian, a guy that is honest about his belief, but not be what you might expect a Christian character to be like.

Over the course of the show, Samuel became friends with another contestant, Cameron Mitchell, who was also a Christian, and ended up asking to leave the competition because he was concerned about the possibility of having to portray a romantic relationship with someone who is not his girlfriend, among other things he thought Hollywood might make him do that go against his beliefs.
It sure seemed like Damien was on for a lot more than 7 episodes (IMDB lists him as 15 episodes, but I am not sure that is correct.) However, he has been gone the last two. I wish they would have explained his disappearance.
TriBruin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #10
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBruin View Post
It sure seemed like Damien was on for a lot more than 7 episodes (IMDB lists him as 15 episodes, but I am not sure that is correct.) However, he has been gone the last two. I wish they would have explained his disappearance.
Yes, his run was apparently extended past 7 episodes (which is a little unfair to Samuel, if you ask me).

They have frequently had Glee kids disappear without any explanation. Dianna was absent for virtually the entire episode last week.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:56 PM   #11
Drewster
Shooting blanks

I haven't watched this yet, because a Whitney Houston salute holds next to no interest for me. But it sounds like this was a good episode, so I guess I'm in.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #12
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Musically, "How Will I Know" was easily one of the best, if not the best, that Glee has ever done. Hopefully they learn from this and continue to do more "pure" vocals in the future.

From there, it went a bit downhill. "Dance With Somebody" had an over-AutoTuned vocal from Heather Morris buried in a really bad dance mix of the song. "Saving All My Love For You" just sort of laid there for me, and was rather blah. "It's Not Right But It's OK" was definitely one of Darren's worst vocals on the show. "I Have Nothing" sounded like it was straining the top of Chris' vocal range.

Story, meh, but that's typical these days. The idea that these Glee kids are angst-y about Whitney is a little bit of a stretch, and more so that they're using it as some sort of psychological vehicle for expressing their emotions about graduating. Like most of the time on Glee, it was at best an average story that allowed them to sing songs. As long as you don't expect more than that (and I don't) it was OK.

(Frankly, anyone who expects more than that from Glee is deluding themselves. As long as you approach it on the basis of what it is, not what you want it to be, it's actually not a bad little show.)

The dancing made up for the auto-tuning. I just love watching Brittany dance.

I too agree these kids would not have too much angst over the death of Whitney Houston. Pictures of her in their lockers? Please. But she is certainly worthy of an episode centered around her work. Just a shame she had to die for it to happen.

jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #13
Cainebj

Quote:
"It's Not Right But It's OK" was definitely one of Darren's worst vocals on the show.
That is pretty funny cos I was coming on to say I thought it was the best thing Darren has done since Teenage Dream.
It was the Thunderpuss Remix!
Criss has just become far too cute and full of himself on this show and this is the first episode that I actually kinda liked him again.

I thought this was one of the best episodes of the season with some of the best musical numbers all year (with perhaps the exception of the transgender kid a few weeks ago0.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote