TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #1111
marksman
ID-10-T
 
marksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 16,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I have no idea who he is!! Edit: I guess he's the third person on Two and a Half Men
Was!

Some cult told him the jokes were bad and he essentially talked himself out of ten million a year
__________________
I Support Global Warming!
marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:47 PM   #1112
marksman
ID-10-T
 
marksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 16,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
It's all about the syndication. IMDb says he's been in 224 episodes and they're playing all the time in syndication. Even though he's rarely on the show anymore, I'm sure he still makes plenty of money from residuals. His salary for the current season of the show is probably relatively small, since he's basically been written out of the show. Similarly, I'll bet a big chunk of Ashton Kutcher's number is from residuals for That 70's Show since he hasn't been on Two and a Half Men long enough to get the kind of residuals that Cryer, Jones, and Sheen get.
Well Angus was making 350k an episode or about 7 million a year in salary.

Cryer makes 620k an episode or close to 12.5 million a year and Kutcher 700k which is over 15 million a year.

Actors don't tend to get a lot in the way of syndication residuals unless they were a creator of exec producer. This is why Ray Romano still makes so much. Most actors get their money out of syndicated shows through increased salaries. They obviously do get some back end money in residuals and some actors have negotiated actual pieces of the backend but for the most part it comes in the form of large salaries.
__________________
I Support Global Warming!
marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #1113
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 16,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worf View Post
Considering most would be DVR users and skip commercials,
You would think so, but there have been MULTIPLE studies that tons and tons of people DO NOT SKIP COMMERCIALS, even when they have a DVR.

(Repeating myself: I used multiple VCRs for over a decade before I had a Tivo, primarily to skip commercials *and* to time shift.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:49 AM   #1114
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksman View Post
Was!

Some cult told him the jokes were bad and he essentially talked himself out of ten million a year
The cult was right!!
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:56 AM   #1115
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksman View Post
Well Angus was making 350k an episode or about 7 million a year in salary.

Cryer makes 620k an episode or close to 12.5 million a year and Kutcher 700k which is over 15 million a year.

Actors don't tend to get a lot in the way of syndication residuals unless they were a creator of exec producer. This is why Ray Romano still makes so much. Most actors get their money out of syndicated shows through increased salaries. They obviously do get some back end money in residuals and some actors have negotiated actual pieces of the backend but for the most part it comes in the form of large salaries.
Jerry Seinfeld is still getting royalty checks for 12 cents for the Japanese show "Super Terrific Happy Hour"
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #1116
astrohip
Stuart F
 
astrohip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Houston & Brenham TX
Posts: 7,236
Overnight ratings for Thursday, October 17, 2013:
Code:
Time  Net   Show                       18-49       Viewers (Millions)
8:00  CBS   The Big Bang Theory        4.9/16      17.20
      FOX   MLB Baseball Live 8-11PM   2.4/7       8.39
      NBC   Parks and Recreation       1.3/4       3.25
      CW    The Vampire Diaries        1.3/4       2.84
      ABC   Once Upon A Time in W-Land 1.2/4       4.50
                                                   
8:30  CBS   The Millers                3.2/9       12.17
      NBC   Welcome to the Family      0.9/3       2.45
                                                   
9:00  ABC   Grey's Anatomy             2.6/7       8.58
      CBS   The Crazy Ones             2.5/7       9.53
      NBC   Sean Saves the World       1.1/3       3.37
      CW    Reign - Series Premiere    0.8/2       2.00
                                                   
9:30  CBS   Two and a Half Men         2.1/6       8.52
      NBC   The Michael J. Fox Show    1.2/3       3.53
                                                   
10:00 ABC   Scandal                    3.3/9       9.48
      CBS   Elementary                 1.6/4       8.41
      NBC   Parenthood                 1.3/4       3.95
Comments from TVbytheNumbers:

CBS was number 1 in adults 18-49 and with Total Viewers.



On CBS, The Big Bang Theory earned a 4.9 down 4 percent from last week's 5.1 adults 18-49 rating. The Millers garnered a 3.2 up 7 percent from last week's 3.0 adults 18-49 rating. The Crazy Ones scored a 2.5 up 4 percent from last week's 2.4 adults 18-49 rating. Two and a Half Men notched a series low 2.1 down 9 percent from last week's 2.3. Elementary earned a series low 1.6 down 16 percent from last week's 1.9 adults 18-49 rating.

On ABC, Once Upon A Time in Wonderland earned a 1.2 adults 18-49 rating down 29 percent from a 1.7 for last week’s premiere. Grey's Anatomy tied its series low with a 2.6 down 7 percent from last week's 2.8 adults 18-49 rating. Scandal scored a 3.3, up 6 percent from last week's 3.1 adults 18-49 rating.

On FOX, Baseball Playoffs matched Wednesday’s preliminary 2.4 adults 18-49 rating.

On NBC, Parks & Recreation garnered a 1.3 adults 18-49 rating up 8 percent from last week's 1.2. Welcome to the Family scored a 0.9 up 13 percent from last week’s 0.8 adults 18-49 rating . Sean Saves the World earned a1.1 up 10 percent from last week's 1.0 adults 18-49 rating. The Michael J Fox Show matched last week's 1.2 adults 18-49 rating. Parenthood garnered a 1.3 up 8 percent from last week's series low 1.2 adults 18-49 rating .

On the CW, The Vampire Diaries scored a 1.3 up 30 percent from last week's 1.0 adults 18-49 rating. The Vampire Diaries ranked number three in its time period, a rarity for a CW show against original competition on the big four. The series premiere of Reign earned a 0.8 adults 18-49 rating down 33 percent from a 1.2 for the series premiere of Beauty & the Beast in the time period on Thursday, October 11, 2012 and down 20 percent from a 1.0 for the premiere of The Originals two weeks ago. Your predictions were too optimistic.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #1117
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 16,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
It's all about the syndication. IMDb says he's been in 224 episodes and they're playing all the time in syndication. Even though he's rarely on the show anymore, I'm sure he still makes plenty of money from residuals. His salary for the current season of the show is probably relatively small, since he's basically been written out of the show.
I thought he was completely written out?

Also, are you sure all of the people get residuals? Sure, I bet it's not like the 60s, where they got 3 runs and that's it (from seeing interviews of people on "The Brady Bunch", "Gilligan's Island", etc..), but residuals in perpetuity, for the third banana on a show?
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:47 AM   #1118
astrohip
Stuart F
 
astrohip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Houston & Brenham TX
Posts: 7,236
Overnight broadcast primetime ratings for Friday, October 18, 2013

Code:
Time    Net     Show                    18-49       Viewers 
8:00    CBS     Undercover Boss         1.8/7       9.15
        FOX     MasterChef Jr.          1.2/5       3.85
        ABC     Last Man Standing       1.3/5       6.14
        NBC     The MJ Fox Show - R     0.8/3       3.03
        CW      Reign - R               0.3/1       1.18
                
8:30    ABC     The Neighbors           1.0/4       4.35
        NBC     Sean Saves the World(R) 0.7/3       2.53
                
9:00    ABC     Shark Tank              1.9/7       6.50
        CBS     Hawaii Five-0           1.4/5       8.89
        NBC     Dateline (9-11PM)       1.3/4       5.61
        FOX     Sleepy Hollow - R       0.8/3       2.51
        CW      America's Next Top Mdl  0.4/1       1.03
                
10:00   CBS     Blue Bloods             1.3/4       10.23
        ABC     20/20                   1.2/4       4.65
Comments from TVbytheNumbers:

CBS was number one in adults 18-49 and with total viewers.

On ABC, Last Man Standing scored a 1.3 up 8 percent from last week's 1.2 adults 18-49 rating. The Neighbors earned a 1.0 up 11 percent from last week's 0.9 adults 18-49 rating Shark Tank garnered a 1.9 up 12 percent from last week's 1.7 adults 18-49 rating 20/20 garnered a 1.2 up 9 percent from last week's 1.1 adults 18-49 rating.

On CBS, Undercover Boss earned a 1.8 up 38 percent from last week's 1.3 adults 18-49 premiere rating. Hawaii Five-0 notched a 1.4 down 7 percent from last week's 1.5 adults 18-49 rating. Blue Bloods scored a 1.3 down 7 percent from last week's 1.4 among adults 18-49.

On NBC, Dateline earned a 1.3 up 8 percent from last week's 1.2 adults 18-49 rating.

On FOX, MasterChef Junior scored a 1.2,down 14 percent from last week's 1.4 adults 18-49 rating.

On The CW, America's Next Top Model matched last week's 0.4 18-49 rating.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #1119
Azlen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 1,912
The DVR + 7 numbers were just released for the second week of the season. The Blacklist set a record for the most additional audience picked up through DVR viewing at 6 million.
The table showing the numbers for each show can be found by following the link. Network viewership looks a whole lot better when you add in the DVR numbers.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/20/th...st-dvr-record/


NBC’s The Blacklist just broke a DVR ratings record, becoming the first broadcast TV show to ever add more than 6 million viewers thanks to playback over its first seven days of release (full chart for all shows below).

Nielsen just released its full DVR data for the second week of the broadcast season, and James Spader’s Monday night freshman drama went from 11.4 million viewers on its premiere night (including first-night DVR playback) to 17.9 million for its first full seven days. In the adult demo, The Blacklist was also one of the biggest gainers, percentage wise — jumping 67 percent.

The biggest percentage gainer among adults 18-49 for the week was Fox’s New Girl, which jumped a whopping 85 percent in demo (if that’s not a record for the biggest percentage gain ever by a major broadcast network show, it’s probably close to it). Second CBS’ Elementary with 77 percent. Then there was another Fox comedy, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, up 73 percent (and just received a full season order and a spot after Fox’s coverage of the Super Bowl). Fox’s Sleepy Hollow once again also impressed, up 70 percent. Also big: NBC’s Parenthood (+68 percent), NBC’s Revolution (+67 percent), Fox’s Glee (67 percent) and ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (+67 percent).
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:35 AM   #1120
Worf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 1,629
WTH? Undercover Boss still pulls in 9M+ viewers on a friday night? Does CBS skew old or something?
Worf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:59 AM   #1121
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
The DVR + 7 numbers were just released for the second week of the season. The Blacklist set a record for the most additional audience picked up through DVR viewing at 6 million.
The table showing the numbers for each show can be found by following the link. Network viewership looks a whole lot better when you add in the DVR numbers.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/20/th...st-dvr-record/


NBC’s The Blacklist just broke a DVR ratings record, becoming the first broadcast TV show to ever add more than 6 million viewers thanks to playback over its first seven days of release (full chart for all shows below).

Nielsen just released its full DVR data for the second week of the broadcast season, and James Spader’s Monday night freshman drama went from 11.4 million viewers on its premiere night (including first-night DVR playback) to 17.9 million for its first full seven days. In the adult demo, The Blacklist was also one of the biggest gainers, percentage wise — jumping 67 percent.

The biggest percentage gainer among adults 18-49 for the week was Fox’s New Girl, which jumped a whopping 85 percent in demo (if that’s not a record for the biggest percentage gain ever by a major broadcast network show, it’s probably close to it). Second CBS’ Elementary with 77 percent. Then there was another Fox comedy, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, up 73 percent (and just received a full season order and a spot after Fox’s coverage of the Super Bowl). Fox’s Sleepy Hollow once again also impressed, up 70 percent. Also big: NBC’s Parenthood (+68 percent), NBC’s Revolution (+67 percent), Fox’s Glee (67 percent) and ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (+67 percent).
If shows are jumping THIS much on DVR, there's a huge problem in TV land for advertisers and networks, don't you think?
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #1122
astrohip
Stuart F
 
astrohip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Houston & Brenham TX
Posts: 7,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worf View Post
WTH? Undercover Boss still pulls in 9M+ viewers on a friday night? Does CBS skew old or something?
Does a bear sh...

Ok, to be analytical about it, here are two shows from last week with similar viewer numbers. But look at the difference in demo and share:

CBS Blue Bloods 1.3/4 10.23
ABC Modern Family 4.0/11 10.85

CBS skews REALLY old for many shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
If shows are jumping THIS much on DVR, there's a huge problem in TV land for advertisers and networks, don't you think?
I knew there was a jump, but I'm not sure *anyone* knew it was this much.

Yeah, they have a problem.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #1123
Azlen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 1,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
If shows are jumping THIS much on DVR, there's a huge problem in TV land for advertisers and networks, don't you think?
It's a problem but probably less of a problem than if nobody was watching the shows at all.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #1124
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 14,406
I don't understand what CBS is doing Sunday nights. Can someone explain? Why did they bump all of their shows by 30 minutes and yet STILL are running over? Are games scheduled later on CBS this year? This has to be problematic for ratings. Not only do I imagine their shows are getting lower than expected ratings just by virtue of being bumped, but the fact that there is run-over has to have an impact as well.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #1125
brianric
Registered User
 
brianric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Pennsville, NJ
Posts: 1,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
If shows are jumping THIS much on DVR, there's a huge problem in TV land for advertisers and networks, don't you think?
Except for the advertisers, not really. Networks will charge the cable providers more for retransmission rights.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #1126
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
It's a problem but probably less of a problem than if nobody was watching the shows at all.
True. Has anyone ever figured out how many DVR users skip commercials versus watch them? 50%? More? I think that's something they have to look at. If most DVR users skip commercials then I'm not sure if this increased rating means much as far as being billable. And if most people are watching these certain shows via DVR and ARE not watching the commercials they have a problem.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #1127
rifleman69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 811
CBS has been the "older" people's network for quite awhile. Time to bring back some Murder She Wrote and Matlock!
rifleman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #1128
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
I don't understand what CBS is doing Sunday nights. Can someone explain? Why did they bump all of their shows by 30 minutes and yet STILL are running over? Are games scheduled later on CBS this year? This has to be problematic for ratings. Not only do I imagine their shows are getting lower than expected ratings just by virtue of being bumped, but the fact that there is run-over has to have an impact as well.
Actually...based on the last ratings where there was a major spillage over into primetime by the NFL, it proved that it was actually HELPING ratings not hurting, in that I'm sure a lot of folks who watched the football ended up staying with the CBS shows live. The week where everything started on time, ratings were down on CBS across the board compared to the week before.

This week, they had the late game on CBS, but at least in the East, everything started on time. So it will be interesting to see the ratings.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #1129
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
Except for the advertisers, not really. Networks will charge the cable providers more for retransmission rights.
Aren't advertisers still key in the current network model (because of the affiliate system) ? Ratings are all about advertisers.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:49 AM   #1130
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman69 View Post
CBS has been the "older" people's network for quite awhile. Time to bring back some Murder She Wrote and Matlock!
I guess CBS looks at it this way. They skew older and KILL in those demos. So maybe they charge a bit less per spot, but make up for it in volume? I don't know. They've been skewing older for as long as I can remember. It must be working for them.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #1131
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 14,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Actually...based on the last ratings where there was a major spillage over into primetime by the NFL, it proved that it was actually HELPING ratings not hurting, in that I'm sure a lot of folks who watched the football ended up staying with the CBS shows live. The week where everything started on time, ratings were down on CBS across the board compared to the week before.

This week, they had the late game on CBS, but at least in the East, everything started on time. So it will be interesting to see the ratings.
The carryover only works for the first show, though, I would assume. The people who are looking for their favorite shows to start on time are going to be double disappointed when it's a half hour later and then still not on time unless they were already watching.

I have no idea how everything started on time in the east. It didn't here and seemingly the shows were airing at the same time.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #1132
Azlen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 1,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
The carryover only works for the first show, though, I would assume. The people who are looking for their favorite shows to start on time are going to be double disappointed when it's a half hour later and then still not on time unless they were already watching.

I have no idea how everything started on time in the east. It didn't here and seemingly the shows were airing at the same time.
Maybe the Cleveland at Green Bay game ran longer than the other games so you saw more of a delay.

Last edited by Azlen : 10-21-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #1133
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
The carryover only works for the first show, though, I would assume. The people who are looking for their favorite shows to start on time are going to be double disappointed when it's a half hour later and then still not on time unless they were already watching.

I have no idea how everything started on time in the east. It didn't here and seemingly the shows were airing at the same time.
It would carry over to all their shows. I'm not talking about the ratings for the NFL game that carried over, but the ratings for all the shows that followed it, all starting delayed. So, it means if you have no DVR, and you watch 60 Minutes, by the time that's over, the shows on the other networks already started, so you might as well stay with TAR and The Good Wife and whatever is on after that (I don't watch that show). If you have a DVR (my case) rather than pad everything, it's easier to just watch it live and then watch other shows I'm recording at another time. Either way it helps ratings.

You're in Wisconsin and got the GB game which ran late. We got the Pittsburgh-Baltimore game which ended by 7:15, then they switched over to the KC-Hou game which ended just about 7:25. So after that game they started the normal CBS schedule. For those who were scheduled to see the GB game, they were delayed. But most of the country wasn't.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #1134
Azlen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 1,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
True. Has anyone ever figured out how many DVR users skip commercials versus watch them? 50%? More? I think that's something they have to look at. If most DVR users skip commercials then I'm not sure if this increased rating means much as far as being billable. And if most people are watching these certain shows via DVR and ARE not watching the commercials they have a problem.
I remember seeing something a while back about that and the numbers of those skipping commercials with a DVR was smaller than you would think. Either that or the networks want the advertisers to think that a smaller number of people are skipping commercials. I also thought I read something somewhere that even when someone fast forwards through an ad that it can still make an impression on them. It's why advertisers probably prefer the fast forward over a 30 second skip.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #1135
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
Maybe the Cleveland at Green Bay game ran longer than the Denver at Indy game so you saw more of a delay.
The Denver-Indy game was on SNF
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #1136
aindik
Registered User
 
aindik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 27,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
Maybe the Cleveland at Green Bay game ran longer than the Denver at Indy game so you saw more of a delay.
Denver at Indy was the night game. New York saw Pittsburgh and Baltimore in the late slot on CBS, as did almost the entire east coast.

Maybe that game started at 4:05 as opposed to 4:25?
aindik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #1137
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
I remember seeing something a while back about that and the numbers of those skipping commercials with a DVR was smaller than you would think. Either that or the networks want the advertisers to think that a smaller number of people are skipping commercials. I also thought I read something somewhere that even when someone fast forwards through an ad that it can still make an impression on them. It's why advertisers probably prefer the fast forward over a 30 second skip.
All true. But it still have to have SOME effect. Maybe I'm just thinking in terms of my habits, or the habits of folks who save up seasons. Not what the advertisers want to see at all.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #1138
Azlen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 1,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by aindik View Post
Denver at Indy was the night game. New York saw Pittsburgh and Baltimore in the late slot on CBS, as did almost the entire east coast.

Maybe that game started at 4:05 as opposed to 4:25?
Yeah, I edited that when I realized my mistake. When there are double header games, they start at 4:25. The Pittsburgh/Baltimore game probably just ended sooner than the game in his market.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #1139
Azlen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 1,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
All true. But it still have to have SOME effect. Maybe I'm just thinking in terms of my habits, or the habits of folks who save up seasons. Not what the advertisers want to see at all.
Oh it definitely has an effect. It's also why networks are able to charge on Live +3 rather than Live + 7. It means we are going to see a greater effort by networks to move people back into the money making window and we're probably going to get even more product placement than what we're seeing today.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #1140
astrohip
Stuart F
 
astrohip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Houston & Brenham TX
Posts: 7,236
Broadcast primetime ratings for Sunday, October 20, 2013:
Code:
Time    Net   Show                            18-49 R/Sh       Viewers 
7:00PM  CBS   Football Overrun                7.4   23         24.44
        NBC   Football Night in America       2.6   8          8.44
        ABC   America's Funniest Home Videos  1.1   3          5.72
        FOX   Bob's Burgers -R                0.9   3          2.63
                                                          
7:30PM  NBC   Football Night in America       4.8   14         13.81
        CBS   60 Minutes                      3.2   9          14.92
        FOX   Family Guy -R                   0.9   3          2.28
                                                          
8:00PM  NBC   Football Night/America/PreKick  7.2   19         20.01
        ABC   Once Upon A Time                2.0   5          6.98
        FOX   The Simpsons -R                 1.3   4          3.16
                                                          
8:30PM  NBC   Sunday Night FB (8:30-11PM)     9.5   23         25.87
        CBS   the Amazing Race                1.9   5          9.02
        FOX   The Simpsons -R                 1.3   3          3.07
                                                               
9:00PM  ABC   Revenge                         1.5   4           R
        FOX   Family Guy -R                   1.2   3          2.74
                                                               
9:30PM  CBS   The Good Wife                   1.4   3          8.97
        FOX   Family Guy -R                   1.1   3          2.24
                                                               
10:00PM ABC   Betrayal                        0.9   2          3.58
                                                               
10:30PM CBS   The Mentalist                   1.2   3          7.30
Comments from TVbytheNumbers:

NOTE: Due to the nature of live programming the ratings for NBC (NFL Football) are approximate and subject to more than the typical adjustments in the final numbers.

Note: CBS prime was delayed by 30 minutes in most Eastern and Central time zones


NBC was number one among adults 18-49 and with total viewers.

On NBC Sunday Night Football, which featured a match-up between the Colts and the Broncos earned a preliminary 9.5, way up from last week's preliminary 7.3 adults 18-49 rating from 8:30-11PM.

On CBS, 60 Minutes scored a football-inflated 3.2, up from last week's 1.5 adults 18-49 rating. The Amazing Race matched last week's 1.9. The Good Wife notched a 1.4, up two tenths from last week's series low 1.2 adults 18-49 rating. The Mentalist hit a new series low 1.2, down a tenth from last week's series low 1.3 adults 18-49 rating.

On ABC, America’s Funniest Home Videos matched last week's series low 1.1 adults 18-49 rating. Once Upon A Time scored a 2.0, down four tenths from last week's 2.4 adults 18-49 rating and tying its series low. Revenge garnered a 1.5, down a tenth from last week's 1.6 adults 18-49 rating. Betrayal notched a 0.9, up a tenth from last week's series low 0.8 adults 18-49 rating.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVo® is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |