TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-18-2015, 09:24 AM   #1
classicX
Don't scream.

Marvel's Agents of Shield "One Of Us" 3/17/2015

Interesting episode - I think the Inhumans reveal is taking too long, along with showing Skye's father actually doing his thing, rather than hinting at it and only showing the aftermath. They already showed the blind guy teleporting, and now they showed where he went. Will we next see what he eats for breakfast along with a hint about who cooked it?

I have a feeling that, and this is pure speculation but I will tag it anyway:

Spoiler:
Skye's mother is, if fact, not dead, and that's why the reveal is taking so long. Why else would he take her father, who is not "one of them?"

I don't understand why coma-voice-man had to have his mouth open up that much, other than the cool effect.

I also don't understand why a woman with razor blades grafted onto her fingernails constitutes a SHIELD level threat. Regardless, why did they put those things on her hands, when they could have just removed the blades?

Since they are such low level characters, I doubt we'll get much explanation.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:41 AM   #2
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicX View Post
Skye's mother is, if fact, not dead, and that's why the reveal is taking so long. Why else would he take her father, who is not "one of them?"
Maybe they took him because Raina told them about him.

A better question is why did Lady Sif leave with Raina still running around uncaptured (by her or SHIELD, that is).

john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 01:41 PM   #3
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:

I also don't understand why a woman with razor blades grafted onto her fingernails constitutes a SHIELD level threat. Regardless, why did they put those things on her hands, when they could have just removed the blades?
Because they can't use the X-23 character?

The interplay with May's husband was interesting although I'm disappointed that they didn't use Dr. Leonard Samson as played by Ty Burrell.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 02:26 PM   #4
Stormspace
Electrocuted by TiVo

I thought the screamie dude was

Spoiler:
Black Bolt

Seemed a little underpowered for him though.

180hr S2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stormspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 02:42 PM   #5
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Nope, it's Angar the Screamer.

Old 03-18-2015, 02:45 PM   #6
Stormspace
Electrocuted by TiVo

I don't know how many people here have played the Marvel RPG. But there were several classifications of heroes.

Altered Humans
Mutants
High Tech Heroes

They mentioned classifying some of these as enhanced since they were "altered" in some way. Others had the differences in their DNA.

Also I've heard noises about Marvel regaining some properties like Spiderman, any one heard that or know of sources stating this?

180hr S2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:47 PM   #7
Stormspace
Electrocuted by TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
That makes sense. Pulling out the obscure ones, ain't they?

180hr S2

Old 03-18-2015, 03:13 PM   #8
classicX
Don't scream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Maybe they took him because Raina told them about him.

A better question is why did Lady Sif leave with Raina still running around uncaptured (by her or SHIELD, that is).
Because Jaime Alexander is on a whole different level of hotness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormspace View Post
Spoiler:
Also I've heard noises about Marvel regaining some properties like Spiderman, any one heard that or know of sources stating this?
This is a potential spoiler for the MCU films, which are not discussed here. In response to your question though:

Spoiler:
Marvel and Sony have reached a deal where Spiderman can appear in MCU films, ostensibly so that MCU characters can appear in Spidey standalone films as well. Spoilerized since people who don't follow this kind of news might want to be genuinely surprised when Spidey shows up in an end credit scene some time in the future.

Old 03-18-2015, 03:22 PM   #9
classicX
Don't scream.

Quote:
I thought the screamie dude was

Spoiler:
Black Bolt

Seemed a little underpowered for him though.
Quote:
I would imagine that they would keep the royal family reserved for the Inhumans movie scheduled for *gasp* 2019.

Old 03-18-2015, 03:40 PM   #10
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
I would imagine that they would keep the royal family reserved for the Inhumans movie scheduled for *gasp* 2019.
Yeah, we may (or may not) eventually find out they exist on SHIELD, but I really doubt they first show up here. It'll be either in the Inhumans movie, or in an earlier movie to set them up. I think all they'll do here is lay the conceptual groundwork. Show Inhumans, but not THE Inhumans.

Old 03-18-2015, 03:42 PM   #11
Stormspace
Electrocuted by TiVo

Quote:
See what you did? You just highlighted the lameness of the inHumans. If the inHumans are just Kree experiments how in the world would there be Royalty? Especially if they are being hunted. Maybe Royalty is derived from having a stable mutation? May have to read up on inHumans if i can get past the lameness of it all.

PS: Just read up on the inHumans. Looks like they have a diverse history and aren't allowed to procreate outside their castes.

180hr S2

Last edited by Stormspace; 03-18-2015 at 03:51 PM..
Old 03-18-2015, 04:09 PM   #12
classicX
Don't scream.

Quote:
See what you did? You just highlighted the lameness of the inHumans. If the inHumans are just Kree experiments how in the world would there be Royalty? Especially if they are being hunted. Maybe Royalty is derived from having a stable mutation? May have to read up on inHumans if i can get past the lameness of it all.

PS: Just read up on the inHumans. Looks like they have a diverse history and aren't allowed to procreate outside their castes.
If you didn't have that PS there....

Who says they are being hunted?

Old 03-19-2015, 02:01 AM   #13
JYoung
Series 3

So Mac said that he was part of the real SHIELD.
Is this something that the World Council is trying to get up and running?
I don't think that they'd say it was Hydra again.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:12 AM   #14
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
So Mac said that he was part of the real SHIELD.
Is this something that the World Council is trying to get up and running?
I don't think that they'd say it was Hydra again.

According to the previews "real SHIELD" is being run by
Spoiler:
Captain Adama

morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:52 AM   #15
Stormspace
Electrocuted by TiVo

Quote:
If you didn't have that PS there....

Who says they are being hunted?
Last ep Kree dude was hunting them, said if the other Kree knew about them they'd come too. I'm assuming some Kree know and are keeping it secret so they can profit from the knowledge.

180hr S2

Old 03-19-2015, 08:00 AM   #16
Stormspace
Electrocuted by TiVo

Trying to figure out the motive behind the "Real Shield" keeping their existence hidden from Coulson and crew. With two agents involved they have to know that Coulson is carrying on the tradition and mission of SHIELD.

180hr S2

Old 03-19-2015, 08:27 AM   #17
classicX
Don't scream.

I think the real shield is just something that sprung out of the hydra mess - they thought Fury was dead, and someone wanted to seize power so they started a "new" shield, secretly monitoring Coulson and profiting from the fruits of his labor, along with keeping Shield's enemies focused on the wrong group of people.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:51 AM   #18
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

I suspect the "real" SHIELD is evil, and is tricking Mack and Bobbi into going along with them...

Old 03-19-2015, 10:59 AM   #19
Necromancer2006

Quote:
I suspect the "real" SHIELD is evil, and is tricking Mack and Bobbi into going along with them...
It's either this or the "real" S.H.I.E.L.D. is content with letting Coulson and his team draw the lion's share of attention while they gather resources to rebuild and put themselves back on the world stage either in time for Ultron, or for the aftermath of Ultron.

I could see how the "real" S.H.I.E.L.D. may not have been a fan of Fury and his less than by-the-book kind of leadership so Fury escalating Coulson to the Director position was just symbolic and there was a different path going forward for the "real" S.H.I.E.L.D.

I hope they don't turn out to be evil - because if they do, that's really the end of S.H.I.E.L.D. then - no way should they be able to recover from TWO internal betrayals.

There are 6 episodes before Ultron comes out (01MAY15) with an episode scheduled the next Tuesday.

If the lead up to Winter Soldier is any indication what they can do with a movie tie-in, it's going to be a very interesting next 6 weeks. I really do hope though that it isn't a nearly identical story (the breaking up/disintegration of S.H.I.E.L.D.) which is one of the ways this has the potential to go.

Necromancer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:24 AM   #20
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer2006 View Post
I hope they don't turn out to be evil - because if they do, that's really the end of S.H.I.E.L.D. then - no way should they be able to recover from TWO internal betrayals.
Except I don't think this is an internal betrayal...this is an imposter.

Old 03-19-2015, 01:49 PM   #21
busyba
The Funcooker

Why did McScreamy try to get to the gun when he could have just told Coulson to go to sleep?

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:51 PM   #22
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

They may have assumed that SHIELD would have protection against Angar's scream.

LoadStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 02:05 PM   #23
cheesesteak
Meh.

SHIELD really could use some snipers. That would have taken care of the hostage situation quickly.

There's probably a reason but for now, I have no idea why Bobbi and Mack would telll Coulson about the other SHIELD.

Live well and prosper
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 02:40 PM   #24
Unbeliever
Random Nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
According to the previews "real SHIELD" is being run by
Spoiler:
Captain Adama
Spoiler:
You burros have inhuman genes in your blood, ese

--Carlos V.

Unbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:05 PM   #25
classicX
Don't scream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer2006 View Post
There are 6 episodes before Ultron comes out (01MAY15) with an episode scheduled the next Tuesday.

If the lead up to Winter Soldier is any indication what they can do with a movie tie-in, it's going to be a very interesting next 6 weeks. I really do hope though that it isn't a nearly identical story (the breaking up/disintegration of S.H.I.E.L.D.) which is one of the ways this has the potential to go.
I appreciate what they did, but some effing warning would have been nice. I watched the episode of AoS that aired after Winter Soldier, before I saw the movie, and it really ruined everything for me.

That's probably one of the reasons why Winter Soldier doesn't garner such high praise from me as it seems to get from everyone else - I already knew what was going to happen.

It probably worked as far as Marvel is concerned, because I'm now more likely to go see Ultron on opening weekend, or at least not watch AoS until I've seen the movie.

Old 03-20-2015, 08:39 AM   #26
milo99

Quote:
I appreciate what they did, but some effing warning would have been nice. I watched the episode of AoS that aired after Winter Soldier, before I saw the movie, and it really ruined everything for me.

That's probably one of the reasons why Winter Soldier doesn't garner such high praise from me as it seems to get from everyone else - I already knew what was going to happen.

It probably worked as far as Marvel is concerned, because I'm now more likely to go see Ultron on opening weekend, or at least not watch AoS until I've seen the movie.
I agree completely with this. I'll probably que up the AoS eps until i watch the movie.

milo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:06 AM   #27
Necromancer2006

Quote:

Interesting - We hadn't started watching AoS at all until after Winter Soldier. Once we saw Winter Soldier and AoS was confirmed renewed for another season, we started watching it and it was absolutely incredible to see all the little hints and pieces fall into place that we would have missed along the way. Fascinating for sure. Which is why I am so very much looking forward to the next 6 episodes because it's bound to be a huge tie-in to what will happen in Ultron.

Necromancer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:22 PM   #28
sean67854
Why?

Quote:
I thought when the TV show came into being they announced that the movies would have lasting effects that would be played out on the small screen. That's why I adopted the strategy you guys are talking about now, saving AoS eps until after I have seen the relevant movie.

Xbox gamertag sean67854

sean67854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:36 PM   #29
cmontyburns
Excellent.

There's no point in saving any episodes for later that air before a movie comes out. It's not like they're going to spoil a potential billion-dollar (global) grossing movie with a low-rated US TV show.

cmontyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:41 PM   #30
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmontyburns View Post
There's no point in saving any episodes for later that air before a movie comes out. It's not like they're going to spoil a potential billion-dollar (global) grossing movie with a low-rated US TV show.
I think they're talking about saving episodes that air AFTER, until they've seen the movie. To avoid the show spoiling the movie by reacting to how the movie changed the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

E.g., the episodes of SHIELD that aired immediately after the last Captain America movie reflected the new status quo at the end of the movie, and some people saw them before the movie, and thus found out how the movie ended from the TV show.