TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-27-2015, 11:42 PM   #1
astrohip
Stuart F

Justified "Cash Game" 1/27/15 S6E2

Like Shakespeare in Harlan County.

"I'm not following you."

“I shoulda choked his cowboy ass out and left him for dead on the side of the road. But then I figured, someone drives by and sees I’d have to kill them. You know, and then somebody else drives by and sees, then I’d have to kill them. Then, you know, another car drives by and sees and I’d have to kill them…you know.”

As soon as Dewey departs this vale of tears, we get Choo Choo to replace him.

And the Raylan/Tim dialog is as good as it gets.

Oh, and if Boyd & Raylan aren't careful, they'll find Ava playing both sides against them.

Was that the first time Sam Elliott's upper lip has seen the light of day?

I know it's the right time for this show to wrap it up, but dang I'm gonna miss it.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:24 AM   #2
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

They are definitely going out on a high note. This was one of the best episodes they've had: just fantastic. LOVE ChooChoo! This whole gang is so much better than the Crowes last season. Can't wait for the rest!
Old 01-28-2015, 12:30 AM   #3
john4200

I still cannot figure out what their game is. What is the significance of the pizza place that used to be a bank?
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:58 AM   #4
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
I still cannot figure out what their game is. What is the significance of the pizza place that used to be a bank?
And what is its apparent connection to all that farmland?
Old 01-28-2015, 08:52 AM   #5
NatasNJ
Bone marrow lover!

I assume the bank/pizza place is where all the money to buy the land is being stored? Hence why Boyd got excited as he probably knows it used to be a bank and he will rob it.

What the connection to the farmland is and why they want to buy it all up? NO IDEA!
NatasNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:59 AM   #6
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatasNJ View Post
I assume the bank/pizza place is where all the money to buy the land is being stored?...
I have a feeling it's much deeper than that. This IS Justified, after all...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:36 AM   #7
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

I'm also very curious as to who is Walker's boss and what is the motive. We've seemingly been down a similar storyline in season 2 with Black Pike. Curious to see if it relates back to Avery (Sam Elliot) in some way. Probably not.

Can't wait to see Boyd go after the supposed $3M in the pizza vault. Glad to see Ava demonstrating some sort of usefulness this season. She's playing a very dangerous game, but at least she is playing it. I didn't want to see her on the screen after last season.

The bit at the end with Walker and Seabass taking out the elderly couple that didn't want to sell seems a bit heavy-handed for Harlan County. Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to connect the dots between a family that has been on a farm for generations and refused to sell to a mysterious stranger and disappearing from the face of the earth a short time later. Honestly when I saw them pull up in the truck together and get out I was expecting them to be burying Choo Choo.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:42 AM   #8
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Yeah, Walker was a much more intriguing villain last week, before he became a loose-cannon psychopath...
Old 01-28-2015, 12:44 PM   #9
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatasNJ View Post
I assume the bank/pizza place is where all the money to buy the land is being stored? Hence why Boyd got excited as he probably knows it used to be a bank and he will rob it...
my thoughts as well
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:58 PM   #10
philw1776

Want more scenes with the bank manager dressed for work
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:06 PM   #11
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBrake View Post
Can't wait to see Boyd go after the supposed $3M in the pizza vault. Glad to see Ava demonstrating some sort of usefulness this season. She's playing a very dangerous game, but at least she is playing it. I didn't want to see her on the screen after last season.
+1 on this. I loved Ava until last season when I just wanted her gone. Now this season, I'm loving her again. I hope she and Boyd end up in Iceland together!

ChooChoo was hilarious. Hope they keep him around for a while.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:12 PM   #12
Odds Bodkins
Doug's Dad

They're going for broke with this cast. Every scene is a humdinger.

"You tell him."

Choo Choo is the best!
Odds Bodkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:19 PM   #13
Odds Bodkins
Doug's Dad

Quote:
The bit at the end with Walker and Seabass taking out the elderly couple that didn't want to sell seems a bit heavy-handed for Harlan County. Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to connect the dots between a family that has been on a farm for generations and refused to sell to a mysterious stranger and disappearing from the face of the earth a short time later. Honestly when I saw them pull up in the truck together and get out I was expecting them to be burying Choo Choo.
That was a weird edit. I completely missed that implication until I read your post here. Went back and watched that scene and I'm still confused. All signs seem to point to them killing the old couple but they sure didn't handle that scene well at all if that's what ends up happening.
Odds Bodkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:03 PM   #14
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odds Bodkins View Post
That was a weird edit. I completely missed that implication until I read your post here. Went back and watched that scene and I'm still confused. All signs seem to point to them killing the old couple but they sure didn't handle that scene well at all if that's what ends up happening.
Yeah, unless you listened closely it was easy to not realize what was going on. As they are walking towards the house you hear Walker say something along the lines of someone calling him a peacock.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:25 PM   #15
john4200

And they had a couple of large rolls of plastic wrap. I knew what they were doing the instant I saw those rolls.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:30 PM   #16
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Yeah, unless you listened closely it was easy to not realize what was going on. As they are walking towards the house you hear Walker say something along the lines of someone calling him a peacock.
Hmm...I thought it was pretty clear from the comment he made what they were intending to do. Don't understand the confusion here...

Now, whether they killed the couple, we don't know. I suppose we may find out next week.

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 09:24 AM   #17
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Hmm...I thought it was pretty clear from the comment he made what they were intending to do. Don't understand the confusion here...

Now, whether they killed the couple, we don't know. I suppose we may find out next week.
I knew they were going to kill someone/dump a body from the second the scene started, but until the peacock line I didn't realize they were at the home of the old couple. For some reason when the scene started I was sure they were going to be killing/dumping Choo Choo.

Speaking of Choo Choo, he seems like a weak link in the storyline. His character is hysterically awesome, but even taking into account Walker and Seabass' history with him, it seems unlikely they would have someone that is that big of a liability working with them.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:09 AM   #18
Bob Coxner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post

Killing the couple doesn't get you their land, unless all you want is access to it and not own it.
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:54 AM   #19
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Coxner View Post
Killing the couple doesn't get you their land, unless all you want is access to it and not own it.
I don't think he killed them because he wanted their land. He killed them because they dissed him and he's a psychopath.

(Assuming he killed them, which I do...)
Old 01-29-2015, 02:06 PM   #20
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

"We'll pull his teeth until he tells us what we want to know, then we'll probably kill him"
--"Are you serious?"
"No. I was joking. We'll definitely kill him."

Didn't you think that Ava was risking getting the same treatment from Boyd that Dewy got?

I was thinking that with Raylan being at Calhoun's to take the loot, Boyd would know that Ava tipped off Raylan, except that Raylan was also clued in by Calhoun's girlfriend. Think Calhoun ran to the marshalls for protection?

I was figuring Ava would spot Dewey's lucky shark teeth necklace. Somebody will.

You watch. Ty Walker's runny nose and need for wipes will be a MacGuffin that nails him.

Justified has no shortage of bad guys. It's always funny how everything loops back on itself. Ty Walker is in the security company and wants to buy Raylan's farm, and has Calhoun under duress, who keeps the ledger that Boyd stole instead of the money that Katherine and Duffy sent him for, which ledger Ava sees and Raylan takes, which money Katherine and Duffy think that Boyd stole, which gets Katherine to ask Avery to get Boyd, and Ty sends Choo Choo to follow Raylan to see who he's talking to, which leads to Raylan busting ChooChoo and taking his car, then Tim, the veteran driving Choo Choo back to the pizza place, the security HQ, and meeting SeaBass...and didn't Raylan and Tim go back and talk to Ty Walker there?

And there's still another boss we haven't met yet.

Boyd is now in the crosshairs of Raylan/Ava, Walker/SeaBass/ChooChoo, Katherine/Duffy/Avery, and his gang of rednecks who got stiffed on the loot. He'll never leave Harlan alive.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MikeAndrews : 01-30-2015 at 01:35 PM.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:09 PM   #21
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAndrews View Post
Boyd is now in the crosshairs of Raylan/Ava, Walker/SeaBass/ChooChoo, Katherine/Duffy/Avery, and his gang of rednecks who got stiffed on the loot. He'll never leave Harlan alive.
Unless, of course, he kills everybody.

Now, THAT would be an ending!
Old 01-29-2015, 11:19 PM   #22
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Unless, of course, he kills everybody.
Nuke the entire county from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:11 AM   #23
CraigK
(unspecified)

Quote:
Didn't you think that Ava was risking getting the same treatment from Boyd that Dewy got?
Not as long as she's wearing that dress.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:22 AM   #24
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigK View Post
Not as long as she's wearing that dress.
Boyd is going to make her strip before he shoots her in the head?
Old 01-30-2015, 08:04 AM   #25
Timbeau

Quote:
I sure hope so.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- visionary
Timbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:45 AM   #26
philw1776

Quote:
I for one am thankful he didn't do that to Dewey
Old 01-30-2015, 12:13 PM   #27
Jon J
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigK View Post
Not as long as she's (Ava) wearing that dress.
Compare/contrast with Boyd in a dress.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:25 PM   #28
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
... Justified has no shortage of bad guys. It's always funny how everything loops back on itself. Ty Walker is in the security company and wants to buy Raylan's farm, and has Calhoun under duress, who keeps the ledger that Boyd stole instead of the money that Katherine and Duffy sent him for, which ledger Ava sees and Raylan takes, which money Katherine and Duffy think that Boyd stole, which gets Katherine to ask Avery to get Boyd, and Ty sends Choo Choo to follow Raylan, which leads to Tim, the veteran driving Choo Choo back to the pizza place, the security HQ, and meeting SeaBass...and didn't Raylan and Tim go back and talk to Ty Walker there?

And there's still another boss we haven't met yet.

Great summary!

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:04 PM   #29
VegasVic
Craps Player

We all knew the final season would focus on Raylan vs. Boyd and I'm looking forward to that. But I'm glad they have brought in some new, interesting "bad guys" as well. Although I would have preferred they just keep Dewey around instead of bringing in Dewey II (ChooChoo).
Old 01-30-2015, 02:42 PM   #30
philw1776

Dewey Release 2.0 is still in Beta
Give him time