TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-12-2014, 09:27 AM   #1
hummingbird_206

Stalker Season 1

Couldn't find any episode threads, so starting a season thread. As always, if someone wants to start episode threads we can let this thread die

Wow, creepy show. I'm loving it!

Episode 1: We're introduced to the new officer in the TAU, Jack, who seems to be stalking his ex. I'm not sure he qualifies as a full fledged stalker since he says he wants to see his son. And it looks like the ex took the son and left NY to get away from him. Probably qualifies as stalking.

Then we see the creepy college stalker guy. Seems like Beth put the fear into the college stalker guy.

Episode 2: Yeah, creepy college stalker guy is now stalking Beth. Not going to end well. Looks like this is going to be an ongoing story. Especially if he goes after Beth's bartender friend. The creep of the week is the crazy lady after the little boy rather than the teenage girl. I enjoyed the horror movie vibe at the beginning of the episode.

So I'm in for now.

hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #2
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
So I'm in for now.
Same here, but I'm doubtful that they can sustain it for very long. I just don't see there being enough variety to stalking to keep it interesting...

We shall see.

(And having the two leads be, respectively, stalkee and stalker is pretty clichéd. At the very least they could have swapped the gender stereotypes...)

Old 10-12-2014, 11:34 AM   #3
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
At the very least they could have swapped the gender stereotypes...
They've played with the traditional "stalker" stereotype (guy watches a woman) a lot...

The first episode had a team stalking women and a then guy stalking another guy.
The second episode had a woman "stalking" a boy.

Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:01 PM   #4
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
They've played with the traditional "stalker" stereotype (guy watches a woman) a lot...
I meant the stereotypical stalking behavior with the leads, which we'll no doubt have to watch week-in, week-out.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:36 PM   #5
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I meant the stereotypical stalking behavior with the leads, which we'll no doubt have to watch week-in, week-out.
I get what you mean, but stereotypes do exist for a reason. I think Beth is going to bust the stereotype. She's pretty bad ass. I can't wait for her to take down college stalker guy permanently. Unfortunately, I would guess her friend will be the collateral damage.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:54 PM   #6
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
I think Beth is going to bust the stereotype.
Unless you mean she's gonna start stalking people, I doubt it.

Women taking revenge on their stalkers is about as old a TV/movie trope as stalkers in TV/movies...

Which can be cool, but having an entire show built around such a narrow range of tropes is, I still suspect, unsustainable. As far as I can tell, stalking isn't like murder, where you have almost infinite variety. Unless they surprise me...

Old 10-12-2014, 01:44 PM   #7
gastrof
Look 32' in reverse

Location: We would like the golden glade but for the standing. Velvilio has not the tin. Do not take marmosets that you cannot return to the encapsulation.
Nearly off topic question-

On an ad for the show, they used a new version of the SMALLVILLE themesong "Save Me".

Watched the opening of the first episode of STALKER to see if they'd use it as their themesong. No themesong.

Any sign of the tune since then on the show?

Old 10-12-2014, 05:38 PM   #8
stellie93

So for some reason the lead guy doesn't have visitation rights with his son? I wonder why.

stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:34 PM   #9
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
So for some reason the lead guy doesn't have visitation rights with his son? I wonder why.
We'll find out when the Ex uses it against him in 2 weeks.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:43 AM   #10
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
We'll find out when the Ex uses it against him in 2 weeks.
or when he comes clean and bares all to his new partner in advance of the coming hurricane...

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 05:55 PM   #11
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

I'm liking this show. But if it wasn't for Jack, nothing would be solved. Beth is pretty much useless.

TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 06:03 PM   #12
SNJpage1

A news report says that the two leading stars are dating. Could lead to some on screen romance.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:50 AM   #13
2004raptor

Anyone still watching this? The wife and I have watched it since the beginning. Finally got around to watching the 2/18/15 show last night and noticed there were no previews for the next weeks show (tonight).

SO, I googled last night and found a link saying the last show of the season has been pulled and no air date has been announced. BUt then I also noticed Survivor and Amazing Race start tonight.

I really hope they don't leave us hanging. It was a pretty decent show.

2004raptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:30 PM   #14
stellie93

Yeah, I really like this show. Too bad it's canceled.

stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:59 PM   #15
eddyj

Didn't know it was canceled. Too bad, I like it.

eddyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:04 PM   #16
hummingbird_206

I really liked it when it first started, but the last few eps have not held my interest. I like the Stalker of the week. The stuff with Beth's stalker has drug out far too long. Hopefully they will wrap it all up before it ends for good.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:32 PM   #17
mrizzo80

I've enjoyed this series. Hopefully CBS airs the 3 remaining episodes. I wonder what one-season-and-done show starring Dylan McDermott CBS will order for Fall 2015.

The only thing I don't like is that the team always seems to magically save the day around the 52 minute mark, usually arriving just in the nick of time.

mrizzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:50 AM   #18
verdugan

Quote:
I really liked it when it first started, but the last few eps have not held my interest. I like the Stalker of the week. The stuff with Beth's stalker has drug out far too long. Hopefully they will wrap it all up before it ends for good.
That was exactly my experience. I ended up ff'ing through Beth's stalker parts. I just didn't care about it.

I also didn't care about the initial story line about Dylan McDermott stalking his ex and the child. Glad they moved from that pretty quickly.

Last edited by verdugan : 02-27-2015 at 02:19 PM.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:59 AM   #19
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
That was exactly my experience. I ended up ff'ing through Beth's stalker parts. I just didn't care about it.

I also didn't care about the initial story line about Dylan McDermott stalking his ex and the child. Glad they moved on from that pretty quickly.
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about Dylan's character stalking. Yes, very glad they dropped that!