TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-25-2016, 02:19 PM   #1
JYoung
Series 3

Person of Interest - S05E08 - "Reassortment" 05/24/2016

We open again on Shaw in her locked room who then proceeds to beat up her attendant and break out of the room. Yay Sameen!

Meanwhile, back in the cit, Fusco’s still ticked off and the team and Reese is tracking the latest number an overseas traveler who it turns out, is sick with the Avian flu and heads to a hospital emergency room with Reese tailing him.

The antivirals the ER doctor gives him winds up killing him instead at which point testing reveals that the antiviral was switched out for another flu virus which winds up creating a highly infectious super flu.
(Insert dramatic music sting.)

Reese and Finch are quarantined in the ER while Root does research and finds out that the ER doctor, nurse and hospital administrator have been seeing too many errors with the medical software.
Given the complexity of the virus, Team Machine comes to the conclusion that Samaritan has been jiggered the medical software and records of the country and created the super flu to cover it’s tracks by killing the doctor and nurse.

Meanwhile, Fusco has been tracking former painter now Samaritan operative Jeff Blackwell with Elias’s help while Blackwell himself has been questioning this whole working for the mysterious company and doing questionable things bit.

While Finch finds out the administrator is a Samaritan disciple and sics Bear on him, Root works with the Machine to help compute the proper antiviral, “liberate” it from a nearby lab, and deliver it to the hospital in time.

Our friend Blackwell is ordered to go to the hospital and inject the doctor and nurse with tainted blood but he resists until his handler threatens to frame him for burglary and send him back to prison, so he attempts to comply.
He injects the nurse and Fusco (who tracked him to the hospital) but the doctor is spared thanks to Reese. Fusco and the nurse survive due to the new antiviral (but the nurse suffers kidney damage).
Blackwell passes the test.

Of course, Samaritan’s grand plan was to use the outbreak as cover to DNA samples from everyone, perhaps for a eugenics program.
Scary.

Back to Shaw, it turns out that she broke out of her room through the wall in the bathroom (and off of cameras), eventually finds out she’s in Johannesburg!
Doctor Evil tries to convince her that it’s just another simulation and she shoots him dead and escapes!
Yay Sameen!

It looks like POI has picked up the ball again with the last two episodes.
There’s nothing special about this episodes potential victims but the fact that Samaritan is manipulating medical records and collecting DNA is scary stuff.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 03:00 PM   #2
Thom

Yes, POI is finally on the roll again. Here's hoping they keep the pedal to the metal all the way to the series finale.

Last edited by Thom; 05-25-2016 at 03:18 PM.
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:58 PM   #3
alpacaboy

"Oops. Forgot a step."
>knocks over glass of water at the end<

Love the show's sense of humor.

But how's it going to end? How's it going to end? And what'll I do when it ends?

alpacaboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:37 AM   #4
jamesl

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpacaboy View Post
But how's it going to end? How's it going to end? ..
I wonder if they were giving us a hint in the previous episode when Finch got all upset about "free will" and Elias made the remark about Finch being the darkest of all of them and not wanting to be around when he finally lost it

that plus the machine being an open system has got me wondering if Finch may take the machine to the dark side and decide to fight fire with fire

jamesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 12:37 PM   #5
pgogborn

It has now been explicitly stated that in order for the Machine to move from 0 to 1 victory in the war games the variables have to be changed. Elias has strongly implied the variable to change is that Harold should become Twelve O'Clock High's Brigadier General Frank Savage.

However Fusco has also explicitly reminded us that he is a detective. I am increasingly hoping that telling Fusco about the Machine and Samaritan is going to be the game changer.

pgogborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:38 PM   #6
robojerk

So assuming Shaw actually escaped (which I am), she's running around believing (or at least considering) she's having a "Total Recall" ( or "We'll Remember It For You Wholesale") moment. Killing people, doing crazy things, thinking it's all just might be a simulation, and other than going to team machine's hideout (which she believes would show Samaritan where team machine is) there might be no repercussion to any action she does.

That should be entertaining...

However, I am prepared for it to still be just a simulation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
robojerk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 02:31 PM   #7
robojerk

I looked up the "Twelve O'Clock High" on Wikipedia and read the plot.

I think Elias is saying to Finch either he needs to quit babying the machine and get it in shape to be able to fight Samaritan on it's own and/or he's implying the end mission is to beat Samaritan, and the machine itself is an acceptable loss, as the mission is more important.
I think Harold's simulation's are to see if his machine can beat Samaritan, if he changed the variables to only beating Samaritan, even at the cost of the machine I think the score count would be different.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
robojerk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 02:56 PM   #8
pgogborn

At the most basic I think Elias wants the man who self-identifies as Harold Finch, Harold Wren etc to self-identity as Harold Savage.

Or if he insists on sticking to the bird theme Harold Condor (see Operation Condor, the large scale multi-goverment assassination program named after the largest carrion bird).

pgogborn is offline   Reply With Quote