TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-17-2014, 01:11 PM   #1
hummingbird_206

How to Get Away with Murder 10/16/2014 Let's Get to Scooping

I haven't watched yet, but because I love Robin so much, I started the thread. Be back soon, so carry on without me.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 02:46 PM   #2
Beryl

The blond lady paralegal is quite the detective. I'm wondering why she didn't tell Annalise about the cop snooping around her husband.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
hummingbird_206

I am so lost. I have no idea why anyone does anything on this show.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:30 PM   #4
stellie93

Two things--there is no glass in a top floor window? Did they explain that? Like someone was replacing the glass or something?

And was there a distinguishing mark of some kind on the penis? She could really recognize it?

But I love the show.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:50 PM   #5
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
Two things--there is no glass in a top floor window?...And was there a distinguishing mark of some kind on the penis? She could really recognize it?
the window was open, unlikely very high up, but possible. they showed the selfie he sexted on the phone display, it included his face.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 02:22 AM   #6
mike_k

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
The blond lady paralegal is quite the detective. I'm wondering why she didn't tell Annalise about the cop snooping around her husband.
The cop who is the ex boyfriend who was already on suspension - not sure how he keeps his job now that the blond has ratted him out for snooping around on a different suspect.
mike_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:51 AM   #7
Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
I thought it was me, but most everything confuses me.
Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:57 AM   #8
efilippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
Same here. No idea why I continue to watch. But the girls are pretty, so I guess there's that...
efilippi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:24 AM   #9
hummingbird_206

The only reason I didn't give up after the first ep was because it's a Shonda show. Now, I can't stop because I have to see where it's going. I'm hoping I realize when we get there, but at this point, I'm not sure I will.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #10
Alfer
WOOSAH!

The show is confusing as hell but we still enjoy it for the most part. I can't even remember who the dead girl was. Seems they keep dragging out the whole bonfire/murder scenes too long with too many flashbacks.

However can they PLEASE delete the weekly skeevy gay romps the creepy seems to always have? Barf...thankfully I can hit the FF button when it shows up.
Old Yesterday, 07:29 AM   #11
brebeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post

However can they PLEASE delete the weekly skeevy gay romps the creepy seems to always have? Barf...thankfully I can hit the FF button when it shows up.

Some people might like the gay romps.....If they were straight would they be as skeevy? Probably not.....
brebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:36 AM   #12
megory
Advanced TiVoOligan

I agree, too many flashbacks for me. I FF.

Does anyone like anybody in this show? Am I missing something?

I'm getting over Shonda Shows. OTOH, I'm still watching, but I feel a little dirty for it
Old Yesterday, 07:46 AM   #13
laria
Librocubicularist

I like the show. It's not very good as a legal drama but I still like it enough that I am up to date on it, which is more than I can say about some of my other shows that haven't just been deleted outright so far, even ones that I used to like. Like I have 17 episodes of Vampire Diaries on my TiVo.

I think we are supposed to like... umm... I really have no idea what his name is, the wait list student from the Harry Potter movies. But he actually kind of annoys me. He is too much like an overeager puppy dog.
Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM   #14
scsiguy72
OTA Only..Free TV

We are watching it and starting to really get into it. However, after about week 3 we had to go back and re-watch the whole thing from the beginning. It helps a lot once you know all the players names and relationships.

The first thing I said to my wife was "that guy is going to end up going out that window"
but I expected him to bust it out and jump, I have never seen a sliding window on a high rise like before.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
scsiguy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:57 AM   #15
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
I like the show. It's not very good as a legal drama but I still like it enough that I am up to date on it, which is more than I can say about some of my other shows that haven't just been deleted outright so far, even ones that I used to like. Like I have 17 episodes of Vampire Diaries on my TiVo.

I think we are supposed to like... umm... I really have no idea what his name is, the wait list student from the Harry Potter movies. But he actually kind of annoys me. He is too much like an overeager puppy dog.
Puppy dog boy is Wes. And he annoys me, too.
Old Yesterday, 08:02 AM   #16
megory
Advanced TiVoOligan

Oh, Wes? Yeah, I get it . . . if I were to like anybody, he would be the one. He may be overeager, but the rest of them are non-human.
Old Yesterday, 08:24 AM   #17
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsiguy72 View Post
We are watching it and starting to really get into it. However, after about week 3 we had to go back and re-watch the whole thing from the beginning. It helps a lot once you know all the players names and relationships.

The first thing I said to my wife was "that guy is going to end up going out that window"
but I expected him to bust it out and jump, I have never seen a sliding window on a high rise like before.
I thought the exact same thing based on the way the framed the scene of him standing there with that "Oh sheeet" look on his face. So what high rise building offer up windows that can open up like that? None that I've encountered.
Old Yesterday, 09:16 AM   #18
megory
Advanced TiVoOligan

My thoughts, too. When she was degrading him, I thought "he's gonna jump" and I went away from TV to avoid seeing it. And, like you, Alfer, I thought that I didn't know of any Highrises with opening windows (except apartments/condos probably).
Old Yesterday, 10:39 AM   #19
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
...can they PLEASE delete the weekly skeevy gay romps the creepy seems to always have? Barf...thankfully I can hit the FF button when it shows up.
showrunner shonda rhimes (scandal) looked to twitter over the weekend to address another viewer with similar concerns:
Quote:
  • What gay scenes? "Gay" scenes?
  • There are no GAY scenes. There are scenes with people in them.
  • If you are suddenly discovering that Shondaland shows have scenes involving people who are gay, you are LATE TO THE PARTY.
  • If u use the phrase "gay scenes", u are not only LATE to the party but also NOT INVITED to the party. Bye Felicia.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM   #20
efilippi

The term "gay scenes" seems to get the point across well, why the hate?
Old Yesterday, 10:50 AM   #21
laria
Librocubicularist

Because no one calls the ones between the straight people the "straight scenes."
Old Yesterday, 10:58 AM   #22
efilippi

Quote:
Because no one calls the ones between the straight people the "straight scenes."
You would if trying to differentiate them, no?

I don't get the 'I'm so offended' bit in the tweet.
Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM   #23
getreal
postcrastinator

I was confused in episode two, and have let the following episodes pile up. I watched that episode with my sister (complete with its obligatory "gay scene" which skeeved both of us out).

I checked into this thread to get a sense about whether or not to stick it out and binge through episodes to catch up.

But after reading Shonda's tweets, I'm out. I'm deleting what I've got and moving forward.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:17 PM   #24
Martha

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
But after reading Shonda's tweets, I'm out. I'm deleting what I've got and moving forward.
Same here. SP deleted.
Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM   #25
Alfer
WOOSAH!

I guess my question is how many times will Conner jump on every dude he encounters during an episode just to conveniently get info from said person? We just wrapped up 4 episodes and he's conveniently found key folks who just happen to be gay in what, 3 of the 4 episodes that he ends up always having some wild sex with to get the info he needs?

I can see MAYBE that happening once in a season, but every single time they have a case, he suddenly hones in on some gay guy and rips their clothes off and has his way with them to get info? Come on.

p.s. I really could have done without the whole audio playback (TWICE) of the "He did this thing to my a** that made my eyes water" or something along those lines. BARF.

Stick to crafty lawyer stuff to get info that doesn't involve tossing in the skeevy crap the character always seems to favor to get info out of a client or witness or whatever it may be.
Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM   #26
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Quote:
I guess my question is how many times will Conner jump on every dude he encounters during an episode just to conveniently get info from said person?
maybe it's my naiveté, but haven't we seen this character trait before in other shows?

i don't see connor differently than any promiscuous playboy, dating someone, while still sleeping around with any willing partner to get what he wants - not that unusual.

Old Yesterday, 04:02 PM   #27
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
maybe it's my naiveté, but haven't we seen this character trait before in other shows?

i don't see connor differently than any promiscuous playboy, dating someone, while still sleeping around with any willing partner to get what he wants - not that unusual.

True.

I heard the complaints from family members and told them the same thing. If you don't like promiscuity then complain about all of the straight sex scenes too (like I do).
Old Yesterday, 04:53 PM   #28
stellie93

I'm tired of all the sex scenes they stick in every show where it isn't really necessary to the plot. This isn't HBO.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:16 PM   #29
efilippi

I wonder why the broadcast networks don't give a content warning the way cable networks do. The shows on FX are often no more "adult" than the big 3 it they always provide a heads-up that allows a warning if one wants it.