TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
pmyers

Current Season of Sons of Guns

Sorry I don't know what season they are on or I would have added that to the title.

I still enjoy this show but I'm feeling like Will has let the producers/show interfere with his business and is just putting on a "show" now.

I'm just not buying this drama of Vince leaving and then Vince coming back...

I do love the explosions though!
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
bkc56
Designated Grunt

I agree on both points (show, and drama). The "behind the scenes" episode made it even more clear that the line between what's real and what's scripted is a lot fuzzier than they'd want you to believe. There's a TON more that goes on which we never get to see (or is even hinted at).

I'm amazed at how much my wife (who doesn't like firearms) has become interested in the show.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
pmyers

I couldn't figure out if that behind the scenes was filmed before or after the Vince mess.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
Donbadabon
Geocacher

I love the weapons, hate the drama. I think that is why I like American Guns better. They don't have all this in-fighting.

I still watch every week, but roll my eyes when Will starts yelling at the cameraman, or they censor the word 'Elvis'.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
dsmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I couldn't figure out if that behind the scenes was filmed before or after the Vince mess.
I was guessing before, since if neither Kris nor Stephanie were wearing a wedding ring, and they got married at the same time as the whole Vince debacle.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #6
Donbadabon
Geocacher

I really liked tonight's episode. The beehive round was very cool.

Spoiler:
And I thought they were going to get the explosion from it

Also loved seeing Kari and Tory from the Mythbusters there. Looking forward to seeing Sons of Guns on their show.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #7
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post
I really liked tonight's episode. The beehive round was very cool.

Spoiler:
And I thought they were going to get the explosion from it

Also loved seeing Kari and Tory from the Mythbusters there. Looking forward to seeing Sons of Guns on their show.
I don't normally like "cross over" shows, but I enjoyed this. It didn't seem forced.

To me, it looked like the 2nd round (the rifle round) would have worked but the tracer rounds didn't look like they hit the tank.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:11 PM   #8
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Just saw the new season of Sons Of Guns starts March 21st. I thought it had been cancelled (aka not renewed), but it is back.

Discovery Channel, March 21st, 9PM ET.

http://tvruckus.com/2014/02/11/break...eo-sneak-peek/
Old 03-03-2014, 02:59 PM   #9
pmyers

cool. thx for the info
Old 03-04-2014, 09:05 AM   #10
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

I also thought it was cancelled. The owner is a real jerk, but I am curious to see where they are at now.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:57 AM   #11
Donbadabon
Geocacher

New season starts tonight.

According to the guide data, they are building a weaponized drone. That should be interesting.

I hope they concentrate more on the firearms than the drama, but since it is TV I doubt it.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:32 PM   #12
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

I confused this show with the OTHER gun show from the people in Colorado.

Seems like these people are just as clueless as before. What I want to know is how does this small town support so many gun shops? With them, Vince's shop, and now Flem's shop, it seems like a lot for a small area. I realize they can sell nationwide, but how many people really are reaching out to them.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:21 AM   #13
Worf

Well, I thought New Orleans is a rather big city, and I'm sure that can support 5 small gun shops. I'm pretty certain most other cities in the US have quite a few more. Heck, I'm sure in our city there's probably tons of gun shops and such (and I'm in Canada).

And I suspected Sons of Guns was going to be renewed - Discovery Canada has been showing snippets for ads and Sons of Guns has always been one of them showing what's on Discovery. I doubt they'd put on a show they knew was gone since there are many other shows they left out.
Worf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:34 AM   #14
Bob Coxner

They're in Baton Rouge. http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/ The metro area population is around 800,000.
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:45 AM   #15
Donbadabon
Geocacher

It seems like I missed an episode, or a discussion on the show about this, but what happened to Kris and Stephanie's business? Didn't they announce at the end of last season that they were leaving to start their own business?
Old 04-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #16
trnsfrguy
Advanced !

Quote:
It seems like I missed an episode, or a discussion on the show about this, but what happened to Kris and Stephanie's business? Didn't they announce at the end of last season that they were leaving to start their own business?
The new season hasn't addressed it at all so far. They did mention Flem having his own shop.
MK code 1762-3068-7645/ Carlos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
trnsfrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:13 PM   #17
pmyers

Quote:
I don't remember them saying they were going to leave, just that it would take some of their time away from the shop.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:25 AM   #18
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worf View Post
Well, I thought New Orleans is a rather big city, and I'm sure that can support 5 small gun shops. I'm pretty certain most other cities in the US have quite a few more. Heck, I'm sure in our city there's probably tons of gun shops and such (and I'm in Canada).
These are not really gun stores though. They are gun producers, i.e. they build guns. Sure they do a handful of one-offs, but it seems that they are/want to be a manufacturer.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:29 AM   #19
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

I think their company was IAC (for it's a cannon). I can't seem to find it anywhere now. At the end of the last season when they were talking about it, they just seemed to sell shirts and a few accessories.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:47 AM   #20
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
I think their company was IAC (for it's a cannon). I can't seem to find it anywhere now. At the end of the last season when they were talking about it, they just seemed to sell shirts and a few accessories.
Yeah..that's how I remember it. I think they wanted time off to go to gun/trade shows and hawk their apparel.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:27 PM   #21
mchasal

http://www.iacgear.com/ Warning, it autoplays some music by Kris Ford.

Seems that it's mostly training, swag, and the aforementioned music. Probably more of a sideline.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:31 PM   #22
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

Seems it may be smart to get out from under Red Jacket...

According to this Will's been arrested on child molestation charges. He's already come out with 2 different stories. Not looking too good for him.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:45 AM   #23
Bob Coxner

The local sheriff spends most of his time at Red Jacket. It must have been an interesting arrest for him.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:10 PM   #24
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Looks like they arrested him again, this time for rape (the other was for molestation).

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-raping-minor/

Following the initial allegations, his daughter Stephanie Hayden Ford, who appears on the show with her dad, took to her Facebook page to deny reports that the hit series was in trouble.

“Guys the show is NOT cancelled! We so appreciate the outcry of injustice but [it’s] not true, I guess some [people] just need ratings… We are on a hold with filming while my family takes care of a few things. You guys are the best fans ever & we love you so much! Thank u for standing strong with us!”
Old 08-27-2014, 01:33 PM   #25
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

....and according to the report, the person he's accused of raping is his 12 year old daughter. The report I read said it's been going on almost daily since she was 11 years old.

Wow!
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:02 PM   #26
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

I hope this is nothing more than the accusations of a very confused or manipulated young girl. The alternative is too awful.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:08 PM   #27
Bob Coxner

Quote:
Looks like they arrested him again, this time for rape (the other was for molestation).

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-raping-minor/

Following the initial allegations, his daughter Stephanie Hayden Ford, who appears on the show with her dad, took to her Facebook page to deny reports that the hit series was in trouble.

“Guys the show is NOT cancelled! We so appreciate the outcry of injustice but [it’s] not true, I guess some [people] just need ratings… We are on a hold with filming while my family takes care of a few things. You guys are the best fans ever & we love you so much! Thank u for standing strong with us!”
TMZ is quoting Discovery as saying the series has absolutely been cancelled.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/27/sons-o...-rape-charges/

Will is still in jail, so filming might be tricky anyway. :-) These cases can take years before the accused goes on trial, so Discovery doesn't have many options other than cancelling.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:11 PM   #28
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBrake View Post
I hope this is nothing more than the accusations of a very confused or manipulated young girl. The alternative is too awful.
I sure hope you're right! It's possible the mother planted the idea in her head for revenge. It happens.

But sadly, the other scenario happens as well. Hopefully they will get to the truth one way or the other.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:09 PM   #29
Adam1115
20,000!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBrake View Post
This.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:14 PM   #30
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Looks like he lost his company too.

http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/

"Red Jacket Firearms LLC. has initiated and received full legal separation as an entity, from William M. Hayden. "