TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-18-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Survivor One World 4/18/12

I'm really confused now, so someone needs to explain this to me. Why would the girls bother straying from the flock just to vote Tarzan? And WTF was Tarzan thinking voting Leif?
Old 04-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenahboy View Post
I'm really confused now, so someone needs to explain this to me. Why would the girls bother straying from the flock just to vote Tarzan? And WTF was Tarzan thinking voting Leif?
I was wondering this too and there was something we did not see as it would be a 3x3x3 vote and then the girls would choose who they wanted to kick off between Lief and Tarzan. My guess is girls were afraid that Troyzan would give HII to one of the other two men. Sound game play.

Tarzan voting Lief though I can't explain.

S2 526 HR - Lifetime
Premiere XL4 300 HR - Lifetime

XBL Gamertag - UnseenThought
Einselen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einselen View Post
I was wondering this too and there was something we did not see as it would be a 3x3x3 vote and then the girls would choose who they wanted to kick off between Lief and Tarzan. My guess is girls were afraid that Troyzan would give HII to one of the other two men. Sound game play.
Agreed, that would be a sound game play. The reason I questioned it is because Kim looked at least a little bit surprised and seemed to shoot daggers in their direction as the votes were read.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #4
WO312

I am convinced that one or more of the girls has told Tarzan that they are taking him to the final 3, and that's why he votes with them. They may even be honest and tell him they are taking him because he can't win, but he could care less about their reasoning. Once you're there anything can happen.
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:24 PM   #5
bryhamm
randomize

Yeah, seems there is something going on behind the scenes regarding Tarzan that we are not seeing.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:12 AM   #6
Boston Fan

The girls simply split the vote between Leif and Tarzan to protect against a hidden immunity idol. It does indicate what a moron Tarzan is if he doesn't realize what it means that whichever girls he thinks he has an alliance with made sure that HE was the protection against the HII rather than one of the other girls.
Boston Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:22 AM   #7
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
And Tarzan was going to keep his $500 for the shocks on his car? I thought he was a plastic surgeon. I guess not a successful one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:26 AM   #8
stalemate
McGruber

I'd say Kat is probably still trying to figure out 20+20, and the ingredients of a BLT.

LOL she is a trip.

Kim seems to be mind controlling about 2/3 of the tribe, but I like what Troyzan is up to.

I'm not sure Chelsea is much smarter than Kat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

stalemate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #9
Boston Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
I'd say Kat is probably still trying to figure out 20+20, and the ingredients of a BLT.

LOL she is a trip.
I get a kick out of her, too. It was kinda sad when she said "Someone actually wrote me?".

Quote:
Chelsea: "Big deal, as soon as you lose a challenge we'll just vote you out!"

Troyzan: "You can't - we'll have 5!"

Chelsea: <confused blank stare>
Old 04-19-2012, 08:03 AM   #10
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Kim paid very close attention to see if Troy would give the II to someone. She has them so in her pocket that she didn't even worry about a 5-4 vote and split her votes up!

And didn't even consider using her own II. Damn, she is good!

The "there's bacon on it!" was priceless.

Chelsea not being able to understand that 5 beats 4 and then 5 beats 3 is almost as amazing. (where's Devdogaz?!)

How do they not see how strong Kim/Sabrina/Chelsea/kat are? look at the way they sit and talk! how can the other 4 not see that they are on the outside looking in?!
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:05 AM   #11
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Link to Dalton Ross' recap

No Probst interview up yet.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:24 AM   #12
Jebberwocky!

the Men continue to be as dumb as a bag of rocks.
Jebberwocky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #13
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Wow, how hot is a girl eating peanut butter in the shower!?

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:54 AM   #14
Necromancer2006

Leif is/was clueless until it was too late and even then, he had to have things lined out for him specifically. Tarzan thinks that the game being played is a foot ( ). Christina doesn't seem to care that she's the last man on the totem pole and the fact that they were trying to use her to prevent Troyzan from getting the clue/assistance to the immunity wasn't even enough for her to move up and perhaps take Alicia's spot. Alicia must think that she can do enough to take Kat's #4 position.

Kim, Sabrina, and Chelsea have this wrapped up. Troyzan was right - last night was the last tribal to make a move for 3 trips. I think the three (Kim, Sabrina, and Chelsea) are big enough she-woman man haters that they won't even take Tarzan along for the ride. I think those three are hell bent on making sure that the men are gone. Not that Kat will do anything about it.

The rest of the season is going to be rather boring I fear. Frankly, good riddance. There has been very little gamesmanship outside of maybe two moments.

Can we get to next season already?

I suspect the boot order will be Tarzan/Troyzan, then Alicia, then Christina, followed by Kat being the odd man out at the last challenge.
Necromancer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #15
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Even if people don't wise up (which is doubtful at this point), the women will eventually realize that they have no chance against Kim. So it should get interesting.

Kim will probably try to take Kat and Alicia with her to the final 3.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:21 AM   #16
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I know he won't last unless he keeps winning the immunity challenges, but I am rooting for Troyzan now.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #17
dirtypacman
Coming and going

Really wish it got shook up last night and Kim went home. Would have made for a more interesting finish to this season. I also agree with an above post that the men this year have to be some of the worst players combined in many seasons.

You really have to wonder if any of these players actually watch Survivor season to season. When you have an opportunity to further yourselves this late in the game and by doing so may pick up a couple votes from the jury by doing it you have to jump at the chance. Maybe I will be surprised and Tarzan and Christine will turn into power players for immunity but that is their only hope. Big mouth Alicia should have been gone weeks ago and at this point its going to get a lot harder to game her out as she will make any deal that may push her further.
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:25 AM   #18
LordKronos

Quote:
I'd say Kat is probably still trying to figure out ... the ingredients of a BLT.
What are you talking about? It's not her fault. If Jeff didn't say BBLT, how was she supposed to know there was Bacon in addition to the Bread, Lettuce, and Tomato?
LordKronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #19
Kevin L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einselen View Post

Tarzan voting Lief though I can't explain.
Actually, as much as I dislike Tarzan, it was a shrewd move on his part, knowing a three-way tie would be a re-vote, with the girls way outnumbering the men at that point (Tarzan, Kim, and Lief wouldn't vote). By voting for Lief, he kept the tie from happening.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #20
tiams

It was so cute watching Tarzan clean Leif like a momma cat!
I wish I could take Leif home with me.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #21
Jebberwocky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKronos View Post
What are you talking about? It's not her fault. If Jeff didn't say BBLT, how was she supposed to know there was Bacon in addition to the Bread, Lettuce, and Tomato?
I always liked bacon, Lettuce and Toast before I would eat tomatoes
Old 04-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #22
BradJW

Quote:

LOL she is a trip.

Kim seems to be mind controlling about 2/3 of the tribe, but I like what Troyzan is up to.

Kat is allowed to be dumb. She's so darn cute! I think she's getting better looking every episode.
BradJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #23
BradJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebberwocky! View Post
I always liked bacon, Lettuce and Toast before I would eat tomatoes
I still won't eat tomatoes - and still like BL&toast
BradJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #24
hefe
Rebus Philbin

There must be something afoot. Tarzan can't be that stupid.

Maybe this guy can give Troyzan some tips...

Hefe's a cruel man, but fair.~edhara
That hefe, he's really smart!~Fish Man
hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #25
bryhamm
randomize

Actually, Christina and Alicia swinging over would not have done much for them. The would have moved from 5/6 in a 6 person alliance to 4/5 in a 5 person alliance. They still would have been outnumbered 3-2 in their own group of 5.

The better move for them is to wait until there are 7 left. Grab whatever guy is left at that point, then explain to Kat that she is 4th in their group. If they swing this, they are up 4-3 over Kim, Chelsea and Sabrina. But now, Christina, Alicia and Kat would be in the majority of their new alliance.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #26
Necromancer2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
Actually, Christina and Alicia swinging over would not have done much for them. The would have moved from 5/6 in a 6 person alliance to 4/5 in a 5 person alliance. They still would have been outnumbered 3-2 in their own group of 5.

The better move for them is to wait until there are 7 left. Grab whatever guy is left at that point, then explain to Kat that she is 4th in their group. If they swing this, they are up 4-3 over Kim, Chelsea and Sabrina. But now, Christina, Alicia and Kat would be in the majority of their new alliance.
To which Kat then goes to the power-3 and is convinced that she's really a 3 of 4 and they'll be getting rid of "so-and-so" to get into the finals where they then swiftly vote out Christina, Alicia, and the remaining male (because she's in no danger of winning a challenge, the real power-3 can keep her until 4 and send themselves to the final 3.

4/5 in a 5 is still way better than 5/6 in a 6. Especially given the weak composition of the 5 at that point. It wouldn't take much to convince Tarzan and/or Leif that Troyzan beats them all. So now they aren't a pair in a 5, they are at least 3 if not 4 in a 5 and after Troyzan, they (Alicia and Christina) would be an equal pair against Leif and Tarzan.
Necromancer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #27
Jebberwocky!

I would be reluctant to go into an alliance with Tarzan - he's a wild card for sure.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #28
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I knew Kim wasn't in danger at all because they never "reminded" us that she has a hidden immunity idol. If she had been in any danger of going home at all, they would have mentioned it somewhere. So it was obvious one of the guys was going.

I have to say how boring is Leif? He must not have said more than a few sentences the whole show.

Most of these women are irritating though. I liked Kim from the start but she is starting to lose ground with me because she's coming across as overly confident that she's controlling the game. I hope they never start off with tribes of men vs women again.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #29
Boston Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebberwocky! View Post
I would be reluctant to go into an alliance with Tarzan - he's a wild card for sure.
I've been thinking about this, and I'm not sure he's quite the wild card we may think he is. If you think of him as a member of the failed men's alliance perhaps he might be viewed that way, but that's not really the case. He has been a consistent member of Kim's voting block for some time now.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #30
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
I know he won't last unless he keeps winning the immunity challenges, but I am rooting for Troyzan now.
I'm torn. On the one hand, he is in this mess because of his own stupidity. OTO, it's fun to root for the underdog.

Right now, Kim has played such a masterful game, I have to root for her to win.