TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #61
Archangel00

LOL, I really don't think revealing his name is even remotely a big deal, but I purposely did not mention him by name in last weeks thread, knowing how sensitive(often ridiculously so) all the spoiler hall monitors are around here, and couldn't pass up the chance to say so in not so many words. Though now I have said it in so many words LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniketos View Post
Bran names Summer in the first book after he wakes up from his coma...
Ah ok then. Haven't actually read the books, only a couple of websites about them and what I skimmed over on them wasn't very clear exactly when he was first named only that it was later on in relation to the others. Don't recall them referring to him by name in the series either. Have they yet?

Last edited by Archangel00 : 04-23-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Archangel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #62
audioscience
Droppin' Science *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniketos View Post
Bran names Summer in the first book after he wakes up from his coma...
Agreed. All the Direwolves have been named. I'm not sure how dog names would be consider spoilers anyhow?

I think even in one of the short scenes Rickon has he calls Shaggydog by his name - when he's with Osha in the crypt.
audioscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #63
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel00 View Post
Pretty disappointed in the whole whopping 2 of seconds Robb attacking as Grey Wind.
Wait, what? Was this clearly shown? Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #64
audioscience
Droppin' Science *

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
Wait, what? Was this clearly shown? Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention.
No. It was just the direwolf attacking. There's nothing about Robb "being" the dire wolf if that's what he's trying to say.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #65
Aniketos

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
No, Robb doesn't attack AS grey wind. This is yet another trick of show of glossing over a battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioscience View Post
Agreed. All the Direwolves have been named. I'm not sure how dog names would be consider spoilers anyhow?

I think even in one of the short scenes Rickon has he calls Shaggydog by his name - when he's with Osha in the crypt.
I don't know if they go over it in the show. Bran immediately names him after coming out of his coma in the books. I think for dramatic effect, the show where he wakes up cuts as soon as his eyes open.
Aniketos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:57 AM   #66
danterner
Not it!

Wife: "What was in the box?"
Me: "Ned's head, baby. Ned's head."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:09 AM   #67
fmowry

It was a pretty big box. I figure there was more than just his head. Feet maybe?
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:27 AM   #68
DUDE_NJX

His body.
DUDE_NJX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #69
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

His bones..?
Old 04-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #70
danterner
Not it!

All of which are possibilities, but none of those made for good Pulp Fiction references...

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
Old 04-24-2012, 08:10 AM   #71
DUDE_NJX

You mean seven?
DUDE_NJX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #72
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDE_NJX View Post
You mean seven?
No he means Pulp Fiction.
"Who's motorcycle is that?"
"It's a chopper, baby"
"Who's chopper is that?"
"It's Zed's"
"Who's Zed?"
"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead"
Old 04-24-2012, 08:31 AM   #73
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
All of which are possibilities, but none of those made for good Pulp Fiction references...
You do realize, I hope, that there is more to life than Pulp Fiction references.

Maybe not a LOT more, but...

(Might make a good book: "Everything I Know About Life I Learned From Pulp Fiction")
Old 04-24-2012, 08:31 AM   #74
audioscience
Droppin' Science *

Se7en is "what's in the box?"
Old 04-24-2012, 08:34 AM   #75
tiassa
Me --Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
I don't think so. He's never seen her in his life; why would he know who she is?
"The Boy" was traveling with one of the Stark's bannermen, heading towards Winterfell. Arya hasn't been seen since Ned's death, and she isn't with the Starks. Tywin isn't dumb, if he isn't 100% sure that is Arya, then he is at least willing to take her on as a cup bearer until he can be sure. He also might not to "out" her in front of the other Wall conscripts, who might be motivated to return her to the the Starks for a sure reward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
I was disappointed in the opening credits as the 2 new places didn't rise up from the map like the other places. Any idea why it was done? is it because it's not one of the kingdoms? (but the Dothkhari isn't a kingdom and it rose...there I go again, arguing with myself!).
Qarth definitely rose up from the map, and as others said Harrenhall is ruined. It was obvious to me watching the opening credits that Qarth was where Danerys was going to end up. My problem is that the credits for this episode showed both Pyke and The Wall without any action taking place in those locales (Winterfell too, but one can make the case the since both Kate and Rob (Arya as well) were important to the episode Winterfell did belong.

Last edited by tiassa : 04-24-2012 at 08:53 AM.
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #76
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioscience
Se7en is "what's in the box?"
Right, and Pulp Fiction was "what's in the briefcase?"

My wife didn't see Se7en, and the Zed/Ned dead/head twist seemed close enough.

A joke explained loses its humor.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
Old 04-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #77
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
Right, and Pulp Fiction was "what's in the briefcase?"

My wife didn't see Se7en, and the Zed/Ned dead/head twist seemed close enough.

A joke explained loses its humor.
If it helps I got it immediately and smiled.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #78
billypritchard
Embiggener

"Whose body is that?"
"It's bones, baby"
"Whose bones are that?"
"It's Ned's."
"Who's Ned?"
"Ned's dead, baby. Ned's dead."
Old 04-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #79
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
In either world his already having a wife would slow things down too. I don't remember hearing about divorce in Westeros....

Who was the guy who was discussing what to do with all the prisoners with Rob? I think he mentioned flaying as a torture technique. I have read the books and still can't catch all the names, or maybe because I know who I'm looking for I'm jumping to conclusions. I also missed that it was Tywin who took over at Harrenhaul--again looking for someone else.....
To explain some things in your paragraph will reveal some big differences between the book and the show.

Spoiler:
It was Roose Bolton who talked to Rob about flaying men. You may have been confused by his presence because at this point in the books he is not in the field, he is one of the prisoners (along with his army) at Harrenhal. Tywin and the Mountain were holding Harrenhal together for a time but both eventually leave and put Harrenhal under the control of Armory Loach (sp?) and also the Brave Companions. At that point Arya helps free Roose Bolton's men and becomes his cupbearer.

Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:00 AM   #80
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiassa View Post
"The Boy" was traveling with one of the Stark's bannermen, heading towards Winterfell.
No, "he" was traveling with one of the Night Watch's recruiters, headed towards the Wall.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #81
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
No, "he" was traveling with one of the Night Watch's recruiters, headed towards the Wall.
Not to mention that Tywin waltzes in and knows nothing of where those specific prisoners came from, right? Does the torturer mention where they came from?
Old 04-24-2012, 10:11 AM   #82
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
To explain some things in your paragraph will reveal some big differences between the book and the show.

Spoiler:
It was Roose Bolton who talked to Rob about flaying men. You may have been confused by his presence because at this point in the books he is not in the field, he is one of the prisoners (along with his army) at Harrenhal. Tywin and the Mountain were holding Harrenhal together for a time but both eventually leave and put Harrenhal under the control of Armory Loach (sp?) and also the Brave Companions. At that point Arya helps free Roose Bolton's men and becomes his cupbearer.
Spoiler:
I don't believe Roose Bolton was ever a prisoner at Harrenhal. He arrived at Harrenhal shortly after Arya freed the Northman and he took charge of Harrenhal until being called away by Robb and left Harrenhal to Vargo Hoat.

cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #83
audioscience
Droppin' Science *

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiassa View Post
"The Boy" was traveling with one of the Stark's bannermen, heading towards Winterfell. Arya hasn't been seen since Ned's death, and she isn't with the Starks. Tywin isn't dumb, if he isn't 100% sure that is Arya, then he is at least willing to take her on as a cup bearer until he can be sure. He also might not to "out" her in front of the other Wall conscripts, who might be motivated to return her to the the Starks for a sure reward.
Quote:
I wanted to point that out as well, Tiassa. You are confused. Arya was not with any of Lord Stark's bannermen. She was traveling with Yoren, who is from the Night's Watch, under the guise that (s)he was going to the wall. There is no proper association with the Nights Watch and Ned Stark (other than his brother Benjen being a ranger, now lost). There's no reason for someone in Westeros to think that Arya would be with them.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #84
JETarpon

And maybe they didn't tell tywin where those prisoners came from because, as a Lord, he might have enough respect for the Watch that he would not approve.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #85
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
You do realize, I hope, that there is more to life than Pulp Fiction references.

Maybe not a LOT more, but...

(Might make a good book: "Everything I Know About Life I Learned From Pulp Fiction")
Somebody like Tom Hanks had a bit where everything you needed to say is a line from The Godfather.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #86
mostman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
Spoiler:
I don't believe Roose Bolton was ever a prisoner at Harrenhal. He arrived at Harrenhal shortly after Arya freed the Northman and he took charge of Harrenhal until being called away by Robb and left Harrenhal to Vargo Hoat.
Spoiler:

This is accurate. He wasn't a prisoner. Although you can't blame someone for being confused. The whole Bolton/Frey plot-line can be confusing as hell. This is where a page like this comes in handy:

http://towerofthehand.com/reference/k/00036/index.html

Be careful if you haven't read all the books to set the 'scope' correctly.

mostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #87
JETarpon

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer

Somebody like Tom Hanks had a bit where everything you needed to say is a line from The Godfather.
You've got mail!
Old 04-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #88
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETarpon View Post
You've got mail!
Can you refuse it?
Old 04-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #89
fmowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETarpon View Post
You've got mail!
That quote I know. I liked Pulp Fiction, but have only seen it once so I didn't remember the line. Sorry, danterner.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #90
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry

Sorry, danterner.
I had heard that you were a serious man, to be treated with respect. But I must say no to you.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex: