TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-22-2012, 07:07 AM   #1
ryan87500

MFSCOPY going on 10 hours

I am currently trying to upgrade from 160gb (full drive) to a 2 TB on my HD tivo. I am using the windows based MFSCOPY and it was running overnight so about 10 hours and is still not done. Is there anything I should do or just let it keep on going? Seems like maybe something is wrong but there is not anything under last unknown error. The ETA is a bunch of random numbers that doesn't show a time or date.

If I stop the program can I ruin my 160gb original?
ryan87500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:26 AM   #2
shamilian

I don't think windows MFS software works on 2TB disks....
You need to use JMFS live CD....

(stoping the copy should not affect the original disk)
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #3
ryan87500

It looks like the progress bar is still moving, but if once it is done it wont be able to handle the 2tb size it might make sense to cancel. Guess I will do some more reading before I start the process over using a different method.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #4
jrtroo
User

If you are copying existing content, depending upon your PC, it could take 24 hours or more. Mine did.

A previously noted, I also believe you are using the wrong tool for the job if you want 2TB of space. You will likely end up with 1.160 available. Cancel and use the appropriate tool.

Check out the upgrade center.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #5
ryan87500

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
If you are copying existing content, depending upon your PC, it could take 24 hours or more. Mine did.

A previously noted, I also believe you are using the wrong tool for the job if you want 2TB of space. You will likely end up with 1.160 available. Cancel and use the appropriate tool.

Check out the upgrade center.
Thanks to both of you. I stopped the process and used the JMFS method took about an hour to transfer and expand and I am up and running again.

Thanks for the quick responses.