TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
ragmopp

Questions about remotes

I have a couple of questions someone might be able to explain. First after installing the new Tivo day before yesterday I found that there are times that the Tivo peanut remote sort of just doesn't work. Some or all the buttons do not respond. Sometimes hitting some other button reawakens it and other times I need to go to the Tivo itself and push a button (which I haven't had to do since I was a kid and had a tv with a rotary tuner). Although I am not planning on using this remote in the future, if it is defective I should get a new one before warranty is up.

The other one is I have updated my Harmony One for this Tivo and have noticed that the commands provided by Logitech aren't all there, and I have found a couple of them that don't work such as the Activate. I know I can 'learn' the remote but was wondering if others ran into that also?
ragmopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
You got a DirecTV THR22, yes? I don't recognize "Activate".
Old 04-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
ragmopp

Activate is the D* screen that brings up weather for your area and other things. Button on the peanut remote on the bottom. And yes the new thr22
Old 04-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #4
Joe01880
I love my TiVo

using the computer software for the harmony remote you can go into the macros and progams the buttons to do what ever you need them then update your remote to the new settings.
One easy example is i programed Menu on the Harmony One to go to TiVo central and exit to be clear, you can get far more detailed then that.

Roamio Pro- $99 yearly grandfathered MSD
Premiere- 2TB w/PLS
TiVo HD- 2TB w/ PLS For Sale $350
Series 2- Just sittin around
DVR40- yours if you want it
Connected via Ethernet
FiOS

Joe01880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #5
ragmopp

Yes I realize that I can (and will) program the commands I want/need, I just thought the database would be more inclusive.