TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
bsmith1051

Question Search upcoming listings by genre?

I recently subscribed to HBO and got Showtime and TMC for a limited time, too, so I now have about a dozen new movie channels. Instead of trying to browse them all I'm wondering if there's a way to search by genre? For instance, I would like to be able see all upcoming sci-fi or action/adventure movies.

I know there's a Browse option on the main menu but it searches Netflix etc rather than the local/upcoming listings.

Any suggestions are appreciated!
bsmith1051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #2

I search by title, select a genre, and put in a "0" as the lowest value possible and get a list of that type of content.
9300170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #3
evanborkow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith1051 View Post
I recently subscribed to HBO and got Showtime and TMC for a limited time, too, so I now have about a dozen new movie channels. Instead of trying to browse them all I'm wondering if there's a way to search by genre? For instance, I would like to be able see all upcoming sci-fi or action/adventure movies.

I know there's a Browse option on the main menu but it searches Netflix etc rather than the local/upcoming listings.

Any suggestions are appreciated!
Wish List search.
evanborkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #4
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith1051 View Post
Browse does include your local lineup(s) in addition to any Video Providers you have selected (Hulu Plus, Amazon, Netflix, etc.).

Go to Browse TV & Movies > Movies > and pick a genre. Then press A to go into the Browse options and change the Cost field to Free (or use the C button to cycle through the different Cost options). Then you can look for the TV icon on the resulting movie listings.

If you don't want to include Netflix and the like in your Browse (or Search), turn them off under Settings > Channels > My Video Providers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #5
bsmith1051

Great, thanks! I'll try that.
bsmith1051 is offline   Reply With Quote