TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
hummingbird_206

Flying Wild Alaska Season 3 2012

Glad to see the show back. I really enjoy the scenery and the characters. Ariel just cracks me up.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
Jayjoans

boooooring. Ariel has worn out her cute as a button welcome, now it's just annoying. The hyped danger and "will they survive?" until after the commercial break is tiring. Looks like even the producers know it, as they're now doing many more stories unrelated to the aircraft and operations. There isn't as many variables in taking off, bad weather and landing as there is in let's say....crab fishing. Far fewer personalities make it a one note show.

I started watching for the flying, but I'll probably stop watching due to Ariel.

YM obviously MV
Jayjoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
Bob Coxner

My mileage varies a lot. I still love Ariel. TV fame doesn't seem to have changed her at all. She also did a good job with Craig Ferguson on his recent week long trip to Scotland.
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #4
hummingbird_206

End of an ERA

Series finale? Ah, bummer. I really enjoyed this series.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #5
vertigo235

I'm sad to see it go as well, but I'm glad that it seems to be what they (the Tweeto family) want.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vertigo235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:08 PM   #6
hummingbird_206

Ariel got her license! Wow, good for her. I sure didn't think she'd do it.

Jim said he was stepping down. Did he sell the company, or is someone else running it for him?
Old 07-23-2012, 11:14 PM   #7
vertigo235

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post

Jim said he was stepping down. Did he sell the company, or is someone else running it for him?
Wasn't clear, but heck I'd watch a show about him building his cabin and attempting to find gold.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #8
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post

What I can't tell is what he really owns. Era seems to be a lot bigger than what they depict on the show, and seems to be based out of Anchorage... I wonder if he owns the western part, and it's just a conglomeration...
Old 07-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #9
vertigo235

I think it is a conglomerate, and he may have owned one of the previous companies.

Perhaps he has a share or something.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #10
nataylor
Curiously Strong

TC CLUB MEMBER
http://www.flyera.com/about/
Quote:
Whether as Era Aviation, Hageland Aviation or Frontier Flying Service — combined, our companies have been flying here for about as long as Alaska's been a state. In fact, our operations and experience have grown right alongside the Last Frontier.

Hageland Aviation Services

Founded in Mountain Village by Mike Hageland, Hageland Aviation started as the youngest member of Era Alaska's extended family. A veteran of the Army European Command with experience as a flight engineer in Vietnam, Hageland began his Alaska operations in September 1981 with just one Cessna 180, which he used to transport passengers and cargo to the state's smaller communities.

In 1982, Hageland added a C-207 to its operations as well as Tom Hawkins as a partner. The following year, Hageland Aviation Services became a corporation. Throughout the '80s, the company added more aircraft, more pilots and more routes, including the Aniak, McGrath and Unalakleet regions served by Ron and James Tweto. Into the 1990s, Hageland continued to expand, acquiring a certificate to transport mail in addition to building hangars in Bethel, St. Mary's and Kotzebue, with new bases eventually in Barrow and Nome.

At the end of the 20th century, Hageland continued to add planes to its fleet, including its first Cessna Caravan II. While bulking its numbers to nearly 20 aircraft, the company maintained safety as a priority by becoming an active member in the Alaska Aviation Safety Foundation and the Alaska Air Carrier Association in 2000.

As in earlier years, the company continued its steady growth through the first decade of the new century, adding the Beech 1900C to its stable and relocating its headquarters to the former Reeve Aleutian Airways facility near Anchorage International Airport. Frontier and Hageland combined in 2008 to form the parent company HoTH and rebrand their new services as "Frontier Alaska." The following year, with the acquisition of Era, Frontier Alaska was rebranded as Era Alaska.