TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Jericho returning?

TV Guide reporting the possibility of Netflix reviving Jericho....

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #2
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

What would be amazing!!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
danterner
Not it!

Nuts!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Brad Beyer (Stanley) is now on GCB so I bet they wouldn't get him unless he could do both. Other than him I don't see anyone else from the main group that is full time on anything else. Lennie has shown up on several other shows but nothing he's more than recurring. This could totally happen!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #5
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Brad Beyer (Stanley) is now on GCB so I bet they wouldn't get him unless he could do both. Other than him I don't see anyone else from the main group that is full time on anything else. Lennie has shown up on several other shows but nothing he's more than recurring. This could totally happen!
It would sure be nice if Lennie James would become a series regular on The Walking Dead. His character in the pilot was very interesting, yet they've never gone back to him. Hopefully he'll be in the next season.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #6
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
It would sure be nice if Lennie James would become a series regular on The Walking Dead. His character in the pilot was very interesting, yet they've never gone back to him. Hopefully he'll be in the next season.
I know. That is probably my number one gripe about the show. But if Jericho resurrection does happen he can go back there and I'll be happy. His character on Jericho is where my fandom began.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #7
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Honest question...was the 2nd season all that great to be worth reviving? I remember the first season and then after all that waiting I didn't remember it being nearly as good. Did it get better?
Old 05-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #8
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

It wasn't as good but it still had TONS of potential. I still think with just a bit of tweaking it could be fantastic again easily.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #9
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl
I know. That is probably my number one gripe about the show. But if Jericho resurrection does happen he can go back there and I'll be happy. His character on Jericho is where my fandom began.
Ditto he was Superbad.

I also started seeing and liking Skeet Ulrich outside of his teen slasher flick genre.

And I can't leave out Delta Burke's hubby - didn't he get killed in one episode?
Old 05-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #10
mrdazzo7

This would definitely be one for the books if it happened, given the show's history. I got into Jericho late--I think I tried it out once all the press started about the campaign to bring it back, and I was hooked from episode one... Maybe because I watched it on DVD without commercials or the breaks it apparently had, but I didn't have any of the problems people seemed to have with the pacing or the story lines--I thought it was well done across the board.

I though the seven episodes they gave us for season two were pretty good... it took the story in another direction but ramped up the drama just the same. I'm not sure where else they could take it but if the same people were involved, I'm sure it would be better than most of the crap on TV.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #11
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post
This would definitely be one for the books if it happened, given the show's history. I got into Jericho late--I think I tried it out once all the press started about the campaign to bring it back, and I was hooked from episode one... Maybe because I watched it on DVD without commercials or the breaks it apparently had, but I didn't have any of the problems people seemed to have with the pacing or the story lines--I thought it was well done across the board.

I though the seven episodes they gave us for season two were pretty good... it took the story in another direction but ramped up the drama just the same. I'm not sure where else they could take it but if the same people were involved, I'm sure it would be better than most of the crap on TV.
My only problem with the show as a whole was killing off the father.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #12
Queue
UnbowdUnbentUnbrokn

Quote:
My only problem with the show as a whole was killing off the father.
I rewatched Jericho late last year and was put off by that. I went and read about it and I think it had to do with the actor. I read differing things though.
Queue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:25 PM   #13
DougF

I watched the first season and didn't hate it, though I never felt it lived up to what it could have been. Bailed on the short second season a few episodes in.

Regardless, I don't see the love out there for Jericho that Arrested Development has. Not even close. If Netflix can do this and make a few bucks, good for them. I just don't see it being a huge success myself.
DougF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #14
ElJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
Honest question...was the 2nd season all that great to be worth reviving? I remember the first season and then after all that waiting I didn't remember it being nearly as good. Did it get better?
It was a terrible soap opera mess. I'd be interested in watching a total reboot... I like post-apocalyptic stories, but filling something beyond a miniseries amount of episodes with quality stories seems to be a serious challenge for any writing team.
ElJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #15
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post
This would definitely be one for the books if it happened, given the show's history.
I dunno, I still think "Family Guy" (and obviously Seth McFarlane) take that prize, pretty much for all eternity. Even Futurama's revival was much less newsworthy/a success.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:10 AM   #16
digdug

I thought the first season was good. It was 'soapy', but tolerable. Season 2 just lost me. I don't know if it was the acting, the story or the seemingly low budget that lost me, but I could not finish it.
If they bring it back, I'm hoping it's done right.

I left the satellite
digdug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:14 AM   #17
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
It would sure be nice if Lennie James would become a series regular on The Walking Dead. (...) Hopefully he'll be in the next season.
The article linked to in the OP mentions that he's a regular on a show/pilot called Gotham, which is in contention for next fall.
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #18
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
I dunno, I still think "Family Guy" (and obviously Seth McFarlane) take that prize, pretty much for all eternity. Even Futurama's revival was much less newsworthy/a success.
I think it's a lot easier to bring back an animated series that was cancelled many years prior than live action. As long as a person's voice sounds the same, they can record their parts anywhere they may be. No costumes, makeup, or any of that, just find the nearest recording studio (or home).

It also seems to me that this is Netflix's big strategy, acquire property with an already established fan base, and enough time so there won't be a bidding war. Hell, if it weren't for Castle, they'd probably be trying to resurrect Firefly.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #19
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
It also seems to me that this is Netflix's big strategy, acquire property with an already established fan base, and enough time so there won't be a bidding war. Hell, if it weren't for Castle, they'd probably be trying to resurrect Firefly.

Greg
A few months back there was a blog post suggesting that Netflix should do that very thing, and Nathan Fillion then tweeted a link to it, causing a bit of speculation. Though his tweet is completely open to many interpretations.

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...Hmm-37830.html
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #20
stalemate
McGruber

Quote:
What would be amazing!!!!
I don't know, what?

stalemate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #21
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
I don't know, what?
Ha! I was on my iPad typing that. Not that it's an excuse but I always screw up when I'm on that thing.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #22
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

It's clear that Netflix is determined to revive something (besides AD). Can't wait to see what they finally land on!
Old 05-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #23
laria
Librocubicularist

Jericho was one of my favorite shows.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #24
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
I think it's a lot easier to bring back an animated series that was cancelled many years prior than live action. As long as a person's voice sounds the same, they can record their parts anywhere they may be. No costumes, makeup, or any of that, just find the nearest recording studio (or home).
But I just mean mostly that McFarlane's show was cancelled, with horrible ratings (though I liked it all along)... and now he's a ridiculously high paid (and powerful?) guy at Fox.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #25
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

I think Netflix just likes to float rumors of reviving shows, and see what interest is. Outside of AD, they've not revived anything else. But there's been at least a dozen that they have been rumored to.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #26
Johncv

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
I want to see the new American civil war with nuclear weapons. Winter is coming.

HDTiVo
27-inch iMac with i7 quad core processor
Johncv is offline   Reply With Quote