TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #1
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

The New Normal -- Season 1 Thread (Spoilers!)

There doesn't seem to be much interest in this show so I'll start a season thread. I was very unsure about this show after the first episode but I'm kind of enjoying it. We'll see.

Every time I begin to think about moving on to something else they do something to make me laugh out loud, and stick with it. This past week's was Bryan saying "What's going on? Is it my birthday?" I had to pause.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:58 PM   #2
bsnelson
I'm an Android, baby

TC CLUB MEMBER
The guys grate on me a bit sometimes; I think they need to have some serious challenges in their lives/relationship to mix things up a bit. The grandmother is almost over the top on her offensiveness, but it's still funny for now.

Brad
bsnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #3
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

I just watched every episode of the season over the past week or so and I love it! It very much reminds me of an 80's family sitcom where they try to teach an important life lesson each week. This weeks episode about the Boy Scouts had me in tears.

I hated the Rocky character in the beginning but she really grew on me and might be favorite character on the show.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #4
sharkster

I love this show. I even love the kid, even though I'm not a kid person. All the characters are fun. I just watched the latest ep (with the boy scouts ).
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #5
Jonathan_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
I just watched every episode of the season over the past week or so and I love it! It very much reminds me of an 80's family sitcom where they try to teach an important life lesson each week. This weeks episode about the Boy Scouts had me in tears.
I really liked this week's boy scout episode. But I admit that it mildly bugged me that David got the Scout Law wrong (or at least abreviated). Almost 20 years since I last recited it it was still stuck in my head well enough to immediatly notice when he skipped parts of it.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #6
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_S View Post
I really liked this week's boy scout episode. But I admit that it mildly bugged me that David got the Scout Law wrong (or at least abreviated). Almost 20 years since I last recited it it was still stuck in my head well enough to immediatly notice when he skipped parts of it.
I thought I was remembering it wrong!