TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Game of Thrones - "What Is Dead May Never Die" - 4/15/12 - S02E03

That was brilliant. Tyrion continues to be the smartest man on the screen. So does he actually plan to wed Myrcella to the Dorne now that he's found out the spy? Cersei was pissed. Loved it. She actually shoved him to the ground. Ha! Another episode with no Joffrey is good for me!!

Was that letter to Robb from Theon telling him about the attack? And then he changed his mind? Now he's going to help the attack with his father? Ouch. Didn't think he'd turn on Robb since his dad, as he even said, gave him to them! And they raised him like their own family for 9 years. I don't see how he could turn his back on them. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

What's the deal with making Shae house maiden to Sansa. She's clearly not cut out for that type of work.

Poor Jon Snow's face. Of course Lord Mormont knew Castor was giving his boys to the white walkers. Ugh. Sam is going to end up losing a hand.

Yoren is awesome. "I always hated cross bows, take too long to load!" I'm pissed they killed him off though.

Oh and how about Margaery knowing Renly is gay and not caring. What a gal!

I don't care about Bran or his dreams. I hope that is going somewhere interesting.

Another spectacular episode!!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

So much good stuff in this episode. I think Tyron sent his lover to keep an eye on Sansa and keep her safe.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
mwhip
All better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyman View Post
So much good stuff in this episode. I think Tyron sent his lover to keep an eye on Sansa and keep her safe.
I don't know why he would want to keep her safe she is the sister of the man holding his brother prisoner. I think he is just trying to keep eyes everywhere in the palace.

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:14 PM   #4
Ereth

He's trying to keep SHAE safe. He needs a reason for her to be there, so his father won't think he brought her to Kings Landing. She refused to be a scullery maid, so he thought this would be more to her liking.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:16 PM   #5
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
It feels like the only family not doing something creepy to their sibling is house stark.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #6
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

Yeah I meant keeping Shae safe. Too much lortab tonight and I wasn't clear.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:15 AM   #7
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Tyrion kept saying "The queen must not know." Cersei is not the queen. As he pointed out, she is the queen regent and queen mother. There is no queen until Sansa becomes queen.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:32 AM   #8
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
I don't know why he would want to keep her safe she is the sister of the man holding his brother prisoner.
Tyrion wants Sansa safe because if Sansa dies (or escapes, or whatever), then Jamie is as good as dead.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:43 AM   #9
Archangel00

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
I don't care about Bran or his dreams. I hope that is going somewhere interesting.
Really? You STILL think it's "dreams". Even after being shown, again, in this very episode, more clearly than any previous time it's been alluded to, what is happening AND even after having it pretty much spelled out by Bran himself this time? mmmkay.

Hodor greets Bran's wolf
Wolf's POV and panting along the way to Bran's room with Hodor
Hodor and wolf enter Bran's room
Bran pops awake with his wolf panting on his chest...

Last edited by Archangel00 : 04-16-2012 at 01:55 AM.
Archangel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:37 AM   #10
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel00 View Post
Really? You STILL think it's "dreams". Even after being shown, again, in this very episode, more clearly than any previous time it's been alluded to, what is happening AND even after having it pretty much spelled out by Bran himself this time? mmmkay.

Hodor greets Bran's wolf
Wolf's POV and panting along the way to Bran's room with Hodor
Hodor and wolf enter Bran's room
Bran pops awake with his wolf panting on his chest...
Of course I realize it's more than dreams, I'm not stupid. Obviously you can see I'm following along just dandy. I should have put that word in quotes I suppose. I still am not trilled by this SL and hope it leads to something more.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:42 AM   #11
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
Tyrion wants Sansa safe because if Sansa dies (or escapes, or whatever), then Jamie is as good as dead.
I suppose it's to keep them both safe, to a degree. I just think Shae is going to give herself away as she doesn't seem like the type that will put up with Sansa ordering her around for very long, that's all I'm saying.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:33 AM   #12
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
That was brilliant. Tyrion continues to be the smartest man on the screen. So does he actually plan to wed Myrcella to the Dorne now that he's found out the spy? Cersei was pissed. Loved it. She actually shoved him to the ground. Ha! Another episode with no Joffrey is good for me!!
I want to make a comment on everything, and since your post covers all topics...

I don't think he plans on marrying her off to anyone. His conversation with Littlefinger cleared that up. It was simply a test to find out who the mole was.

Quote:
Was that letter to Robb from Theon telling him about the attack? And then he changed his mind? Now he's going to help the attack with his father? Ouch. Didn't think he'd turn on Robb since his dad, as he even said, gave him to them! And they raised him like their own family for 9 years. I don't see how he could turn his back on them. I can't wait to see how this turns out.
Yes it was. I paused and read the letter. It told him what his father was planning and urged him to quickly get back up north to defend it.

I would have been shocked had he not burned the letter.

Quote:
Poor Jon Snow's face. Of course Lord Mormont knew Castor was giving his boys to the white walkers. Ugh. Sam is going to end up losing a hand.
I think it's really funny (and realistic) how quickly Sam "fell in love" with the girl. These guys are so desperate for any kindness or even a word! In the future, Sam will be very good with computers and will love comic books

Quote:
Yoren is awesome. "I always hated cross bows, take too long to load!" I'm pissed they killed him off though.
That made zero sense to me. You don't live that long by picking a fight with 20 guys all by yourself. I wish they had done it differently.

Quote:
Oh and how about Margaery knowing Renly is gay and not caring. What a gal!
I was thinking the exact thing: there is a woman who will support you no matter what! even asking if she should bring her brother to help!

All she wants is power. She is going to be very interesting.

Great boobs as well

Quote:
I hope so. So far, he has been travelling as his wolf. Can he travel as any animal? how about a dragon? I think it can be very interesting indeed!

Quote:
Another spectacular episode!!
Date-wise, we're rounding second base and coach is waving us to Third!
Anubys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:43 AM   #13
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
I don't think he plans on marrying her off to anyone. His conversation with Littlefinger cleared that up. It was simply a test to find out who the mole was.
Yes, it was just to find out who the spy was but once he found out he didn't go back on any of it to her. He even said "it's done". So he's just messing with her or he actually went ahead and made that deal?
Old 04-16-2012, 06:50 AM   #14
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Yes, it was just to find out who the spy was but once he found out he didn't go back on any of it to her. He even said "it's done". So he's just messing with her or he actually went ahead and made that deal?
The way I interpret it (and I could be wrong) is that all of it was a ruse. He told Littlefinger as much, I think. To go back and have a scene with Cersei just to hammer that point home is probably something they felt would be a waste of a minute and a half. She would know soon enough once she finds her mole rotting in a dungeon.

Besides, all 3 proposals make sense (well, maybe not to the 6 year old who still clings to his mommy's breasts). Maybe one of them will come to fruition anyway!
Old 04-16-2012, 06:52 AM   #15
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
The way I interpret it (and I could be wrong) is that all of it was a ruse. He told Littlefinger as much, I think. To go back and have a scene with Cersei just to hammer that point home is probably something they felt would be a waste of a minute and a half. She would know soon enough once she finds her mole rotting in a dungeon.

Besides, all 3 proposals make sense (well, maybe not to the 6 year old who still clings to his mommy's breasts). Maybe one of them will come to fruition anyway!
Maybe Cercei will hae Myrcella and Tommen get it on to keep the blood lines pure. <vomit>
Old 04-16-2012, 07:41 AM   #16
billypritchard
Embiggener

I loved the moment where Cersei askes Tommen if he would like it if Joffrey killed Robb and he says, "No, I don't think so."

Hey Cersei - Maybe you won't ruin this one like you ruined Joffrey!
Old 04-16-2012, 07:41 AM   #17
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Of course I realize it's more than dreams, I'm not stupid. Obviously you can see I'm following along just dandy. I should have put that word in quotes I suppose. I still am not trilled by this SL and hope it leads to something more.
I think it's safe to say that when they reduce thousands of pages of book into a few hours of TV, they don't leave something in unless it's going to be significant...
Old 04-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #18
Shaunnick

Quote:
I am halfway through book 3, and for me Bran's story is one of the most interesting so far. I obviously cannot say too much, but from where I am at right now I am excited to see where his story goes.

For me the three best SL to follow are Arya's (3), Jon's(2), and Bran's(1). My opinion will likely change as I read further, but those three have been my favorite throughout the books I have read.

I like Tyrion's and Dany's as well, but the Stark kids got all the good SL in my opinion.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:50 AM   #19
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post

Hey Cersei - Maybe you won't ruin this one like you ruined Joffrey!
I'll reserve my judgment until Tommen is old enough to have sex
Old 04-16-2012, 07:57 AM   #20
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I think it's safe to say that when they reduce thousands of pages of book into a few hours of TV, they don't leave something in unless it's going to be significant...
One negative with a series like this being made for tv though is that when they leave something out, then you're fairly certain it's NOT signifcant. So if I've had some wild hare-brained theory about something based off of an event in book 1, and then they didn't put it in the tv show, I have to assume my theory was bunk.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:14 AM   #21
mwhip
All better

I have been reading the books to the point the show is at. One thing that I thought was interesting and couldn't find a quick answer for; in the books they say Sansa is like 13, what age is she in the show? Because the actress who plays her cannot be 13 she looks 17 or 18.

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #22
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
I have been reading the books to the point the show is at. One thing that I thought was interesting and couldn't find a quick answer for; in the books they say Sansa is like 13, what age is she in the show? Because the actress who plays her cannot be 13 she looks 17 or 18.
I have not read the books but during the season 1 discussions, when people who read the books couldn't shut up about it , there were mentions that the Starks are much older in the show than in the books.

Sansa "has not bled yet". Given that she has eaten well all her life, I would assume she is supposed to be 15 or so on the show.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #23
Archangel00

Quote:
In the future, Sam will be very good with computers and will love comic books
...and becomes and expert on Alcatraz...

Last edited by Archangel00 : 04-16-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Archangel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #24
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
The "teenagers" in half the shows I watch look like they're approaching 30.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #25
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
They aged all the Stark kids by a few years. I think they were just uneasy about the kinds of thing these children would be going through...
Old 04-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #26
Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
She isnt keeping anyone safe. She is there because it gives her reason to be in the castle and will appear less suspicious if seen walking the halls.......say outside Tyrion's door. There is the added benefit that she may report back the occasional rumor to Tyrion as Sansa will surely talk openly around her and may even confide in her.
Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #27
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

By the way, Queen Margaery is certainly a good sport about her husband's proclivities.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #28
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

I'd like to go back to Danny and something that bothered me: when her white horse fell down from exhaustion, I thought it was the perfect chance for all of them to eat (and maybe discover that Dragons like their meat fresh or something like that) and also hydrate (by drinking the blood). I don't get why they are dying in the desert with horses all around them.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #29
vertigo235

I haven't read the books so this is pure speculation.

But it appears that Bran is connected to the wolf somehow, and is actually seeing through his eyes. Maybe he can even control it once he develops this gift.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vertigo235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #30
tiassa
Me --Avatar

A couple of points:
Just when I thought we ran out of "eeewwww" moments, along comes Queen Margaery!
I knew what Tyrion's plan was as soon as the told the eunuch "The Queen can't know".
So is Theon going to take the one ship and raid the fishing village? There is a part of me that says he can't go against the Starks like that and he has a plan to mitigate the Greyjoy raids
In season 1 Bran's dreams (the raven, the crypt) foreshadowed Ned Stark's death. I'm thinking that there will be a payoff in this season as well.
"Baratheon family dinners" -- what fun!

And here's a change that I've noticed and want others t comment on:
It seems to me that the opening credits last year only "visited" places that were shown in the episode that followed. This week they went to Vias Dothrak and Dragonstone and AFAIK the episode had nothing to do with Danerys and Stannis.
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote