TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #61
aaronwt
HD Addict

What they need to do is add the feature they showed at CES 2010. Where you could have multiple "my shows" lists to accomodate multiple people.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #62
bradleys
It'll be fine....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
What they need to do is add the feature they showed at CES 2010. Where you could have multiple "my shows" lists to accomodate multiple people.
I would love to see that as well. This is something we could use.

TiVo Premier (2 TB Upgrade)
TiVo Roamio Plus
TiVo Mini
iPad TiVo app
TiVo Stream (Sold)
Personal Video Share powered by PyTiVo
bradleys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:00 PM   #63
tomm1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleys View Post
I would love to see that as well. This is something we could use.

i would just like this so i can put all my movies in one folder without moving things around with pyTivo
tomm1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #64
BlackBetty
I <3 TiVo!

When is this update going to start to trickle out?? I can't wait to see what other screens they have converted to HD.
BlackBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:02 PM   #65
Test

That would also be good for shared shows between premieres. I have 3 and it would be nice to show each one (like now) or have the option to show ALL as a shared now playing list.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:40 PM   #66
GriffithStrife

I too would love the multiple users in the my shows area, I forced a connection today at 4:21. After it finished the next call was scheduled for today at 5:44, why would it want to connect after less than 2 hours? I am sure it was today not tomorrow checked at 5:55 and says last successful connection was at 5:48. Next connection Wednesday at 2:29 AM
GriffithStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:43 PM   #67
magnus
Tivo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
That would also be good for shared shows between premieres. I have 3 and it would be nice to show each one (like now) or have the option to show ALL as a shared now playing list.
Amen to that.
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #68
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleys View Post
That is not what I understood. - From my reading, parental controls is replacing Kidszone and is to be included in the Spring release. Kidzone is being replaced by these new parental controls.
Parental controls has been in the TiVo software since close to the beginning (2002, software version 3.0). KidZone was added back in 2006 (version 7.3) as an optional replacement to Parental Controls (you could use one or the other). So KidZone isn't being replaced by Parental Controls, it's just that Parental Controls are being added to the HDUI, while KidZone is not.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #69
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty View Post
When is this update going to start to trickle out?? I can't wait to see what other screens they have converted to HD.
I wouldn't get your hopes up. I haven't seen anything saying any new HD screens are coming. I would guess more optimization and the apps we know about along with parental controls. .

I would guess the update after this they would start working on new HD screens and features. This would also be hopefully after the Preview and transcoder are launched so more optimization and bug fixes in respect to those functions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #70
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
I wouldn't get your hopes up. I haven't seen anything saying any new HD screens are coming. I would guess more optimization and the apps we know about along with parental controls. .

I would guess the update after this they would start working on new HD screens and features. This would also be hopefully after the Preview and transcoder are launched so more optimization and bug fixes in respect to those functions.
Yeah, I am not holding out great hopes, myself. I dropped Netflix and have zero interest in watching YouTube on a TiVo or in parental controls. So I am only interested in possible bug fixes and performance improvements. Crossing my fingers...
Old 04-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #71
tomm1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post

I remember seeing tivodesign post that the new HD menus are NOT in spring update.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #72
gweempose

In regards to the HD menus, everyone just needs to relax and be patient. These boxes have only been out for a couple years. Give TiVo some time to implement them.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #73
mrsean

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
In regards to the HD menus, everyone just needs to relax and be patient. These boxes have only been out for a couple years. Give TiVo some time to implement them.
This is a joke...right? LMAO
mrsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #74
smbaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsean View Post
This is a joke...right? LMAO
He did put a at the end of it... I can't imagine anyone seriously suggesting that finishing the product two years after selling it to consumers was the right way to go.

Wasn't the spring update supposed to be out by the end of the month, and isn't that... today?
smbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #75
Jeff_DML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewster View Post
Quote:
I *expect* the Spring Update to start rolling out to retail Premiere & Elite boxes by the end of this month.
darn developers
Jeff_DML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #76
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Don't forget the beta test.

Do any beta testers here have the new software yet?

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #77
MeInDallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
Don't forget the beta test.

Do any beta testers here have the new software yet?
I thought we weren't supposed to talk about that here?
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #78
tomm1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDallas View Post
I thought we weren't supposed to talk about that here?
beta testers dont need to tell us...just say something like "i love the netflix interface" and then tell us some random things

they COULD be talking about the current interface
Old 04-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #79
Bighouse
200 Club Member

it's doubtful beta testers would have the "new software"...the last software they touch before a final product rolll-out is probably a "release candidate" which, while essentially the shipping product, is still not the officialy released "new software".
Old 04-30-2012, 10:13 PM   #80
GoEagles

Me and a couple of other people sent a tweet to @tivodesign about the spring update. Not quite ready yet. Maybe Early Summer? Who knows...
GoEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:19 PM   #81
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoEagles View Post

Me and a couple of other people sent a tweet to @tivodesign about the spring update. Not quite ready yet. Maybe Early Summer? Who knows...
That sucks. I haven't been this depressed since Derrick Rose tore his ACL.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:25 PM   #82
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoEagles
You do know that Spring technically goes until June don't you.

At least it's not like years past, when the "Fall/Winter" update would arrive in April.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #83
MeInDallas

My best psychic prediction is . . . maybe by the end of next week or next weekend? It's cloudy here so my psychic waves are not going thru very well
Old 05-01-2012, 08:07 AM   #84
Quake97

By the way, people in the beta program are bound by an NDA, so don't count on them saying stuff in a public forum.

Joe
Quake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #85
rhettf
R3T1CAL

fieldtrials.tivo.com if you wanna test. Might take a year before they finally contact you. (took 3 years for Microsoft to finally ask me, but once your in your IN for life or until you request out or don't do your homework)
rhettf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #86
Bighouse
200 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake97 View Post
By the way, people in the beta program are bound by an NDA, so don't count on them saying stuff in a public forum.

Joe
Very often NDA restrictions are lifted just before a product ships so that's not entirely true!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #87
rhettf
R3T1CAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighouse View Post
Very often NDA restrictions are lifted just before a product ships so that's not entirely true!
Actually Beta NDA agreement's never end when the product is release.

I have signed NDA's for products that came out over 6 years ago that I am still not allowed to talk about (or will be ever).

fun fact: testers arn't even allowed to discuss what there testing with each other (99% of the time) since it could influence there opinion and they want only your experience (if you don't know how to do something they need to see it)
Old 05-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #88
Bighouse
200 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettf View Post

I have signed NDA's for products that came out over 6 years ago that I am still not allowed to talk about (or will be ever).

fun fact: testers arn't even allowed to discuss what there testing with each other (99% of the time) since it could influence there opinion and they want only your experience (if you don't know how to do something they need to see it)
It must all depend on the software or hardware companie's NDA agreement. I too have been an a beta and an alpha test site for products for many years. There comes a time when we are told we may discuss the product publicly, but are still limited in WHAT we can say about the beta program and our partcipation in it. We have never been discouraged from discussing our own experience with others in the program as we're even given access to discussion groups where we can share info and solicit the help and assistance of other users.

So, it must all depend on the company you are testing with. And, in my case, it's not a small company!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #89
MeInDallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettf View Post

In the Tivo Beta Testing they are encouraged to interact with each other, and even have their own forums to post in.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #90
rhettf
R3T1CAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDallas View Post
In the Tivo Beta Testing they are encouraged to interact with each other, and even have their own forums to post in.
Do they also allow you to talk about how your a tester in public forums? (how could you know that unless your a tester?) but thats awesome if your are!

@tivodesign posted that the spring update is not quite ready:

https://twitter.com/#!/tivodesign/st...40064629825538