TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

The Amazing Race 4/15/12

Not much to say tonight (except that we GET it, they're looking for Hillary Clington! Yeesh, terrible editing...), but if Brendon and Rachel win this thing I'm officially done with The Amazing Race.

Not thrilled about next week's destination...

Spoiler:
India...yet again. *sigh*

Last edited by Neenahboy : 04-15-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Neenahboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #2
laria
Librocubicularist

Next week...
Spoiler:
Yay India! Who will be the first to get groped in the train?!

Old 04-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #3
Bob Coxner

Pretty boring episode unless you like to watch wild animals. The "teachers" started out so far behind, plus the Speed Bump, that they never really had a chance.

You may not be happy with next week's location but I can't think of any place on Earth that's more likely to lead to the ultimate Rachel meltdown.
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:51 PM   #4
bryhamm
randomize

Too bad they don't have a rule where a team that was u-turned could not themselves u-turn another team. Wouldn't have mattered in this leg, but still.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:52 PM   #5
Neenahboy
Grad stud(ent)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
Too bad they don't have a rule where a team that was u-turned could not themselves u-turn another team. Wouldn't have mattered in this leg, but still.
I was actually surprised that that was the case as well. I seem to recall u-turned teams not having that ability in prior seasons...someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:45 AM   #6
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenahboy View Post
...but if Brendon and Rachel win this thing I'm officially done with The Amazing Race.
Why? What's the difference between them and any other team, other than that they're a rehash team? I'm impressed that they've done better than any rehash team has ever done (I think). I don't want them to win, but if they do, hats off to them.

Come join us <dates TBD>!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:07 AM   #7
mike_k

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Coxner View Post
The "teachers" started out so far behind, plus the Speed Bump, that they never really had a chance.
Yeah - plus it seemed like it must have taken them over an hour to fix the tires.

I can't believe how pissed off Art and JJ were that Dave and Rachel didn't U Turn Team Big Brother. There sure are a lot of big babies in this race.
mike_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:09 AM   #8
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13
Why? What's the difference between them and any other team, other than that they're a rehash team? I'm impressed that they've done better than any rehash team has ever done (I think). I don't want them to win, but if they do, hats off to them.
Nope. Rob and Amber made it to the final episode and only lost due to the plane mysteriously turning around and going back to the gate to get the other team that had missed te flight.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:12 AM   #9
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_k
I can't believe how pissed off Art and JJ were that Dave and Rachel didn't U Turn Team Big Brother. There sure are a lot of big babies in this race.
No kidding. That made no sense. Why did Art and JJ care so much? It wouldn't have made a luck of difference to Art and JJ's performance in this episode if Dave and Rachel had U-Turned Brendon and Rachel. I guess that's to be expected from a team that supports the University of Arizona.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:16 AM   #10
GoHalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_k View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
No kidding. That made no sense. Why did Art and JJ care so much?
Agreed. It's not like Dave u-turned them or something. His anger seemed way out of proportion.
GoHalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:52 AM   #11
Zarisa

Quote:
Nope. Rob and Amber made it to the final episode and only lost due to the plane mysteriously turning around and going back to the gate to get the other team that had missed te flight.
Actually the sad thing about that is, the producers got them to turn the plane back around and reopen. This info was released a short time after the episode aired. Them saying that the pilot "decided" to return back to the pedestrian bridge after pulling away is just unheard of. For safety reasons as well as many other reasons. After this I lost faith in this show. The teams that gets a non emlinination round are generally favored teams or are super for drama. The producers want to keep them going. Average joes don't get non elimination.

Same thing happens on survivor, with merges or team shake-ups. They only pull those cards to excite the situation if a team is dominating they shake it up. This season was a perfect example. It used to be planned prior to filming starting. But doesn't work that way for a few seasons now, on both shows.
Zarisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #12
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
No kidding. That made no sense. Why did Art and JJ care so much?
Cops. They have to be in control or they lash out.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #13
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
"Look, bamboons!"
Old 04-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #14
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
No kidding. That made no sense. Why did Art and JJ care so much? It wouldn't have made a luck of difference to Art and JJ's performance in this episode if Dave and Rachel had U-Turned Brendon and Rachel. I guess that's to be expected from a team that supports the University of Arizona.

ASU - class of '82
Old 04-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #15
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
As I've said, I HATE HATE HATE Rachel from BB, but other than a couple of meltdowns, which were a lot tamer than any she had on BB and not even in the same league as some other classic TAR meltdowns, if I didn't know who they were, I'd probably be ok with them. They certainly are no worse than the stuck up Fed Agent dudes, and they seem to be fighting less than the other Rachel team.

Still hope they lose though!!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:48 AM   #16
tiams

That village where they have to wait in line for water must be very unsanitary and stink to high heaven. No running water for toilets. I'm sure they don't take daily showers and their clothes can't be very clean either.

I missed what Mark and Bopper's prize for coming in first was. Can someone tell me?
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #17
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
That village where they have to wait in line for water must be very unsanitary and stink to high heaven. No running water for toilets. I'm sure they don't take daily showers and their clothes can't be very clean either.

I missed what Mark and Bopper's prize for coming in first was. Can someone tell me?
Trip to Hawaii
Old 04-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #18
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
You are correct... I had forgotten that was Rob and Ambuh.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #19
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Why did Art and JJ care so much?
Actually, wasn't it just the one guy that was so upset? The other one was more "ok, they didn't turn them, that sucks, but let's move on." Then he was over it, but the other one went on and on and on about it. I don't even know which is Art and which is JJ...

Old 04-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #20
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Border Patrol guys quickly went from favorites (when they donated part of their cash winnings to the Good Ole Boys) to a**holes last week over the Fed Agent girls and this week over the U-turn.

Looks like the Feds had a mountain to climb after last week - I think someone said they were three and a half hours behind and without a flight to level things out. Still, if it wasn't for the Speed Bump, it looked like they may have made it. I knew they would not be U-turned as they were so far behind, giving them a chance.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #21
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
"Look, bamboons!"
That was great!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #22
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

I think Hall & Oates once released an album about Big Bamboons, didn't they?
pdhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #23
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
Cops. They have to be in control or they lash out.
Wow....talk about a stereotype. I know plenty of cops who are not like that at all.

Geesh....

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #24
Bob Coxner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post

ASU - class of '82
And when was the last time Tempe Normal ever won anything? :-)
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #25
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Wow....talk about a stereotype.
They stereotyped themselves.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #26
Necromancer2006

The whole garbage about Team Border Patrol "intimidating" Team "School-Teachers" was a load of crap. I don't think there was any intimidation at all, I think they were being called out - not out of intimidation, rather just being called to task for their lies and duplicity. Getting called out on a lie isn't intimidation.

I'm glad that the team that Brenchel U-turned didn't get super pissy about themselves being U-turned. They had to know it was coming, and there really wasn't anything that Brenchel could/should have done differently. Border Patrol getting that angry and upset is quite a bit of an over-reaction and goes to show you how stressful the race is. I'm willing to bet that their ranting and raving was a heat-of-the-moment type thing and after a day or two off of the race, they'll be just fine with the way it played out.

Finally a good leg after a couple weeks of boring legs. Hopefully the trend continues into the finale.
Necromancer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #27
David Platt
Manually-adjusted

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarisa View Post
Actually the sad thing about that is, the producers got them to turn the plane back around and reopen. This info was released a short time after the episode aired. Them saying that the pilot "decided" to return back to the pedestrian bridge after pulling away is just unheard of. For safety reasons as well as many other reasons.
I can't believe how many people still remember it as the pilot turning the plane around and going back to the gate. That never happened. All they did was return the jetway, which had already pulled away from the plane door, back to the plane. The plane never moved.
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #28
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neenahboy

I was actually surprised that that was the case as well. I seem to recall u-turned teams not having that ability in prior seasons...someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I think the double U-turn is a relatively recent introduction. But it does seem like you shouldn't be able to U-turn someone until you've actually completed the tasks that come before the U-turn. If you got U-turned, it means you still have another task to complete, so you shouldn't be able to U-turn someone else.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #29
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
They stereotyped themselves.
If you're talking about the two guys on the show, you're wrong. Only one of them is like that. And, if you're talking about all cops you are INCREDIBLY bigoted...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #30
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt View Post
I can't believe how many people still remember it as the pilot turning the plane around and going back to the gate. That never happened. All they did was return the jetway, which had already pulled away from the plane door, back to the plane. The plane never moved.

My memory of it was that the door was closed and it was the pilot's decision whether or not to reopen it. The pilot decided to open it, and they put the ramp thingy back.