TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-14-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
wundram

Question TiVo Elite recording TiVo Suggestions on unchecked Channels

I went through my channel list and removed all of the SD channels that had HD counterparts. This was to prevent TiVo suggestions and wishlists from recording SD shows.
Anyway, removing the channels seemed to work, the SD channels don't appear in the guide anymore, but I am still getting TiVo suggestions recorded on those channels. Is there a way to make it really ignore those channels?
wundram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #2
Mr. E

I've seen this problem too. I assume it is a bug and will be addressed in the future. I'm actually thinking about turning off suggestion recording as they don't seem to be doing me any good. In my case, the suggestion area at the top of the HDUI actually provides much better results than the suggestion recordings.
Mr. E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
socrplyr

If the suggestions continue after 2 weeks, post again. Someone posted with something similar months ago and it was suggested to wait. I didn't notice another post about it. The thought was that the Tivo had already downloaded the guide information for those two weeks and thus might record from them as suggestions. After two weeks the guide data is gone for those channels and not more recordings are made. It isn't an ideal issue, but if this is the case, I doubt Tivo would put much effort into fixing it. However, if it was a more regular thing, they might spend some time one it.
socrplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:39 AM   #4
L David Matheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrplyr View Post
If the suggestions continue after 2 weeks, post again. Someone posted with something similar months ago and it was suggested to wait. I didn't notice another post about it. The thought was that the Tivo had already downloaded the guide information for those two weeks and thus might record from them as suggestions. After two weeks the guide data is gone for those channels and not more recordings are made. It isn't an ideal issue, but if this is the case, I doubt Tivo would put much effort into fixing it. However, if it was a more regular thing, they might spend some time one it.
So if the problem is preloaded guide data, wouldn't Repeat Guided Setup speed up the process by reloading only the channels he wants?
L David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:18 AM   #5
socrplyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by L David Matheny View Post
So if the problem is preloaded guide data, wouldn't Repeat Guided Setup speed up the process by reloading only the channels he wants?
Possibly, but then he would have to go back through and choose the channels received again. Personally, I wouldn't waste the time. I would leave that to those who hate SD with a passion.
socrplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #6
MichaelK

things may have changed but last i had a situation to notice was on an S3-

the box basically downloads ALL the guide data for your head end no matter if you have the channel enabled or not. To test- try adding a channel you dont receive and look in the guide- it will all be there without the box needing to make a call.

I do think it only indexes the data from channels you receive. So it could be that if it has it in it's index then it still might record? Forcing the box to reindex might fix it if that's the case- there should to be a way to reindex short of a clear and delete everything- but i forget how and dont know if it will work on an S4.
MichaelK is offline   Reply With Quote