TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
Amnesia
The Question

The Apprentice S12E09 "Puppet Up!" 15 Apriil 2012

It seems like Paul was in a lose-lose situation. He could either have brought back Aubrey---in which case Trump would complain that he didn't bring back Arsenio ("You're fired!") or he could have brought back Arsenio and risk Trump complaining that he didn't respect Arsenio's loyalty.

I think Paul should have just brought back Teresa.
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #2
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

That's what I thought too, just bring back Teresa. Trump kept saying the judges didn't like Arsenio when it was only the puppet they didn't like.
JFriday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Paul had checked out before they even began- he was not upset to leave and had a big chunk of change for his charity, so mission accomplished mama I'm comin' home.

Lisa has now officially been triple trumped- Dayana is prettier, Penn is better on stage, and now it seems Clay is funnier.
Seriously, she needs medication. That tirade came out of nowhere and occurred for no reason.

Clay's blog.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
mcb08
Hoya for life!!

The judges didn't like the puppet that Arsenio designed. As soon as Lisa broke down (which I think was phony), I knew that Paul's team was going to lose.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #5
DLL66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
Paul had checked out before they even began- he was not upset to leave and had a big chunk of change for his charity, so mission accomplished mama I'm comin' home.

Lisa has now officially been triple trumped- Dayana is prettier, Penn is better on stage, and now it seems Clay is funnier.
Seriously, she needs medication. That tirade came out of nowhere and occurred for no reason.

Clay's blog.
I think Lisa is all drama. She has not impressed me.

I can tell Paul Sr. wasn't into this project. Be it that his back was bothering him or he didn't want to be in the bickering anymore. He's been trying to patch things up with his sons and has his own drama and didn't want to be part of another.
DLL66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #6
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

I can't remember if they had a live reunion last time. Hope they will this time. Be fun to see people own up to their behavior.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #7
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb08 View Post
The judges didn't like the puppet that Arsenio designed. As soon as Lisa broke down (which I think was phony), I knew that Paul's team was going to lose.
Lisa crying had nothing to do with the outcome. She's not a sympathetic character on the show so she gets no points from Trump. Paul's team only have two people with stage experience vs three for Lisa's team when the task called for three performers so the outcome is easy to see. The only way Forte was going to lose if they went way overboard on the adult humor which they came close.

Lisa did observe that it would have been better if Paul had brought Arsenio back as an ally against Teresa. Paul checked out as PM and the boardroom as soon as his back started bothering him so he was sunk, but Arsenio could have argued the task was lost due to Teresa's performance (continually violating rules of improv), possibly saving Paul.

Aubrey is going to final 3 if she behaves herself. Had no idea she had any comedic timing but she was better than Penn as the host.
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #8
2004raptor

Quote:
You mean when she broke down in the board room? Why would you think that? Not arguing, it was late and i was tired, I just don't remember it appearing "phony"?
2004raptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #9
mcb08
Hoya for life!!

I didn't mean that Lisa's crying had any impact on the outcome. I meant that it was obvious that they were trying to create some drama ("Oh no! I wonder if Lisa is really going to go back into the boardroom by herself?"). Lisa's crying seemed to come out of nowhere. I wouldn't be surprised if she was trying to garner support from her teammates for future tasks.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #10
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if she was trying to garner support from her teammates for future tasks.
Just because they didn't speak about it doesn't mean they didn't notice it and file it away for later.
That look Penn gave us was something worthy of John Krasinski on The Office, and Clay ain't buyin' it either.
Aubrey is the only one there (aside from Teresa whom I do not count as a viable contestant, just lucky) who has the least bit of tolerance for Lisa and all of that was only while they were team mates. On opposite sides I'm betting it would look like WWIII.

Had Paul had an inkling of motivation he could have brought back Teresa and along with Arsenio, eviscerated her- she "broke the rules of improv," had no comprehension that two syllables meant two mouth openings (what's the word for that, LOL), had no hand eye coordination to do it in the first place, and was generally thick headed and inept. I suffer second hand embarrassment for her every time she speaks and I don't even know her aside from this show.
Aubrey's carrying on that Teresa "tried so hard" was just Aubrey's attempt to forge some sort of alliance with someone, anyone and unfortunately trying doesn't equal success.
Teresa failed in her job and if Paul had played his cards right he could have gotten rid of her- he just didn't care enough to try.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #11
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I'm continually shocked at how calm Teresa remains as people constantly question her intellectual abilities. I guess that confirms what the people are saying, that those abilities don't really exist.

I've never seen her show (Real Housewives), but how can someone as dull as she is be dynamic on a reality show?
Old 04-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #12
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

so this far in who's looking good to take it all?

I am thinking either Penn Jillette or Arsenio Hall.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #13
ThatOne

And Dayana is as stunning as ever.

To me, it's obvious that Lisa's jealousy is driving her tirades.
ThatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #14
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

Lisa is the typical woman who thinks's she's ugly that can't stand the pretty girls. Lisa's ugly alright, ugly as hell on the inside.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:53 PM   #15
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyman View Post

Of the remaining contestants, I can see anyone but Teresa or Dayana winning. But Trump clearly likes both of them, so they'll probably stay longer than one of the other players that deserves to stay longer.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #16
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:

Clay also seems to be doing well---no big complaints about him in the boardroom, so Trump probably has a good opinion of him.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #17
tiams

I think it is impressive that Teresa travels back and forth from New Jersey every night and takes care of 4 kids and a husband all while working on this show. She may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but she is to be commended for that. None of the other contestants have that added pressure.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #18
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I think it is impressive that Teresa travels back and forth from New Jersey every night and takes care of 4 kids and a husband (...)
Did they mention that she travels back every night? And why can't her husband take care of the kids?
Old 04-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #19
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
Did they mention that she travels back every night? And why can't her husband take care of the kids?
They didn't say whether the husband could, or why Teresa chose to do this. Aubrey simply mentioned that she does it when Aubrey was trying to find a way to compliment Teresa but couldn't say anything positive about her intellect or performance in the task.

I could imagine that as a mother of four, working on a project that's only an hour away from home, it would be difficult to justify staying overnight in Manhattan rather than just treating it like a normal job and commuting morning and night.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #20
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
Yes, they did mention that she goes home every night and takes care of her kids.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #21
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Aubrey simply mentioned that she does it (...)
That explains it. I kind of tune out whenever Aubrey says anything...
Old 04-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #22
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
Thanks for posting that. I found this bit very interesting:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Aiken
We had professional improv helpers in our group who were able to support us and play puppets, too. However, the rules stated that in every sketch at least one "celebrity" had to play a leading role. Lisa and I decided that it might be more difficult, but probably also better competitively, for us to use the professionals as little as possible. So, in every sketch, Lisa and I played both leading roles. Unanimous chose to rely pretty heavily on their professionals, which likely resulted in the judges believing that they played it too safe.
That would be a pretty obvious reason why Paul's team lost. I wonder why that wasn't mentioned at all during the episode.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #23
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Ok, I can see why Trump would question bringing Aubrey back instead of Arsenio, but the reason Trump kept giving was that they didn't like Aresenio's puppet. That seemed to be the only reason they didn't like Arsenio. Now granted, Aubrey didn't have that knock against her, but Teresa also botched the puppet AND she broke improv rules.

So if Paul DOES bring Arsenio back and Trump can't hammer Paul for that anymore, is it a gang-up-on-Teresa situation then and Teresa gets fired? I was getting a little annoyed that Trump kept hammering on that when it was clear that neither Aubrey or Aresenio were going to be fired. And when Teresa fails both the puppet creation AND her performance, it seems that a pretty pi$$ poor excuse for firing Paul (for not bringing bach AH).

Now that being said, I have to agree with Cearbhaill that it seemed Paul had checked out anyway.

I did find it kind of funny that with all the money that had been flying around and all of the fakey last second, "Donald, we'll double that" or whatever, that Henson & Co. didn't kick in anything extra and all LL got was the base $20,000.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #24
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:

Spoilers on the final two are readily available if you look- the finale itself is live so for that we have to wait
Old 04-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #25
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
I did find it kind of funny that with all the money that had been flying around and all of the fakey last second, "Donald, we'll double that" or whatever, that Henson & Co. didn't kick in anything extra and all LL got was the base $20,000.
Yes, I thought that was odd as well, but I guess Henson wasn't really advertising a national product that would benefit from the exposure on the show, so they really had no incentive to kick in $30-40k.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #26
IndyJones1023
Documentarianologist

Lisa is clearly bi-polar. I really only knew of her from the Comedy Central roasts. I guess she writes some funny stuff, but she's a horrible person.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #27
mattack

I guess I don't agree with all of the Lisa hate here. I think she went WAY overboard this episode, enough so that I disliked her on this episode... but I do think she had a lot of valid points on previous episodes.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:57 PM   #28
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
I guess I don't agree with all of the Lisa hate here. I think she went WAY overboard this episode, enough so that I disliked her on this episode... but I do think she had a lot of valid points on previous episodes.
Even if she did have a valid point (and that's a mighty big IF) she has a strange way of expressing it.
I understand that this is stressful and that cameras follow you around all the time and that three days of comments and conversations are edited down to the juciest five minutes- I get that.
But you could have followed me around the entire 35 years I worked and you would never have seen anything even close to approximating her explosions and tirades and belittling and dismissive ugliness- and I am betting you could say the same thing for anyone here.
That is not normal behavior under any circumstances- ever. And I worked both with animals and folks who didn't speak English as a first language (or hardly at all for that matter).

You just do not speak to people that way.
The yelling and yelling and yelling.... oy!!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:12 AM   #29
jpcamaro70

So two ladies crying this episode.

Lisa seems to cry way too much, it's almost like the big tough bully crying once he's done bullying his victim. And all that from a fan of her stand-up, but I don't think she's cut out for this. Clay actually outshined her in the improv IMO.

And Dayanna crying, well, that should be illegal. I keep trying to figure out if i feel bad for her because she is so damn beautiful or she's getting the short end of the stick. I'm trying to be subjective, i promise, but I don't see her doing anything wrong.

Lisa is clearly jealous of Dayanna's beauty, it's so obvious.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #30
kdelande
TiVo-Wobble

I heard what sounded like crying from Lisa but I sure don't recall seeing any tears. Seemed completely fake as she's learned how to work it in the Boardroom with the sob stories and woe is me act.

XBL: kdawg5
kdelande is offline   Reply With Quote