TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
techgurl

TIVO Series 2 DIRECTV/Analog to Digital Conversion for Cable

Hi Everyone

Cablevision is finally converting local channels to digital. Currently I have a Series 2 Tivo with a direct cable connection for local channels and a DirectTV box connected to my Series 2.

I only use the cable for local channels so I can record two shows at one time. One from the cable connection and one from my directtv on local channels only.

I wasn't sure how I can convert the analog local channels (2, 4, 7, 11) to digital. I realize I need an analog to digital convertor box but wasn't sure if it would work with the other connections I already have on my box (directv box).

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!
techgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by techgurl View Post
Hi Everyone

Cablevision is finally converting local channels to digital. Currently I have a Series 2 Tivo with a direct cable connection for local channels and a DirectTV box connected to my Series 2.

I only use the cable for local channels so I can record two shows at one time. One from the cable connection and one from my directtv on local channels only.

I wasn't sure how I can convert the analog local channels (2, 4, 7, 11) to digital. I realize I need an analog to digital convertor box but wasn't sure if it would work with the other connections I already have on my box (directv box).

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!
I'm confused. The S2 Tivo only has analog tuners so why would you want an analog to digital converter? I'm also confused as to how you are getting two sets of inputs to your S2 box to record on separate channels. If it is a dual-tuner box, then it still only uses one signal input for recording on the two tuners.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
classicsat
Astute User

If it is a Series 2 DT, you are pretty well SOL, since it can run only one box at all in its stock condition.

If it is a single tuner, you can easily set it up for cable with box (which is what the cable DTA basically is) on RF in, and satellite box on A/V in.
classicsat is offline   Reply With Quote