TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-17-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
steve305

Smile Strange isues with Tivo Elite

Hi, I just recently received and hooked up my Tivo Elite and am noticing two things that may be potential issues with my box and was wondering if anyone else noticed them with their box as well. First off all the front LEDs on my Elite aren't half as bright as the LEDs on my old Premiere XL, has anyone else noticed this on their Elites or could this be an issue with my box? also on the RJ-45 port on the back of my Elite when plugged into my network I'm only getting a solid/flashing activity light on the right and no network status green light on the left side where on the port on the XL I got a solid green connection status LED and a flickering yellow activity LED.. could this be an issue with the network chip in the tivo or are all the boxes like this... currently it wont let me access on demand but has been able to download network updates. (I am using the same network cable on this box I was on the old Tivo XL so I'm sure its not the network cable or my router as the XL worked just fine) I appreciate any and all help
steve305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:37 PM   #2
aaronwt
HD Addict

I've noticed different brightness on the LEDs from all my Premieres. It might be that the LEDs are not positioned properly behind the front panel. Although I never checked it out. I know I would prefer it to be dim rather than birght.

I wish they had several levels of brightness to choose from in the settings menu.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:29 AM   #3
monkeydust

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I wish they had several levels of brightness to choose from in the settings menu.
Me too. As it is, I just have the LED's turned off due to my Elite being in the bedroom.
monkeydust is offline   Reply With Quote