TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #1
atomarchio

Question on streaming vs. Multi-Room Transfer

I understand the new Tivo Premiere Elite offers streaming from other Tivo boxes.

Currently I have a Tivo Premiere and Series 3 in my home. I can do the Multi-Room transfers but then that's limited to specific shows as many of the ones I want to xfr have red circle.

If I purchase a new Tivo Premiere Elite, would I be able to stream all of the shows on the box, or would certain shows be limited similar to the Multi-Room Transfer?

Please let me know. Thanks.
atomarchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
moyekj

Copy protected shows can be streamed from Premiere to Premiere. Better yet, shows that are still recording can also be streamed from Premiere to Premiere. So yes getting a Premiere to replace your Series 3 would make multi-room viewing a much improved solution. There's been several reports of people having problems with Elite units however, so you may want to consider a non-Elite Premiere as a possibility as well or buy the Elite from somewhere that has a good return policy just in case.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #3
atomarchio

Do I have to buy the Premiere Elite or just do this with standard Premiere? Pricing on the standard Premire seems much lower.

Please clarify. Thanks.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
moyekj

Standard Premieres work same as Elites for streaming purposes.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #5
atomarchio

That's good news. So the only advantage of elite is 4 tuners and larger hard drive?
Old 04-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #6
moyekj

Yep.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:58 PM   #7
steve614
what ru lookin at?

And the larger hard drive is a non-issue thanks to JMFS.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:52 AM   #8
atomarchio

So every program can be streamed? None of those red circles would be a welcomed sight.

Can you fast forward through the streaming or do you have to wait?
Old 04-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #9
moyekj

Yes, pretty much everything can be streamed except for Amazon purchases. Trick play (FF,REW,SKIP etc) during streaming works just like it does with regular playback.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #10
Phantom Gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomarchio View Post
So every program can be streamed? None of those red circles would be a welcomed sight.
Does this also apply to PPV? That's just idle curiosity on my part, I think the only way to order PPV is to use the phone or web, plus I'm not about to pay $40 to watch some boxing anyway.
Phantom Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote