TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #31
pL86

I'm personally not a fan of the substitution of a second digital tuner in place of the OTA tuner since I prefer to record the OTA signal and the negative experiences some Elite buyers are having has made me even more wary. It may be a small minority of folks who are having these problems but it would stink to buy it and find I'm in that group. There are times when being able to record more than two channels would be useful but I'm always able to finesse the situation now with my Tivo HD given that so many programs repeat soon after airing. For me, the Elite's compelling feature was the 2tb hard drive but I can order a Premiere outfitted with a 2tb drive from Weaknees for the same price as the Elite. I don't get the 4 tuners and THX certification - no big deal for the latter - but I get the OTA tuner back as well as the large drive. It seems like the consensus is the Premiere is less finicky with cable signals than the Elite although apparently its OTA tuner is not as good as the Tivo HD. Win some, lose some.
pL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:54 AM   #32
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Mine's a couple of months old and it does exactly what I wanted it to. Records four things at once. I was a little worried there might be a lot of glitches, but it records them the same as my S3 did. Works great.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #33
gweempose

I've only had mine for a short time, but so far so good. I keep on expecting to wake up any day now and have half of my channels gone.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote