TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-04-2012, 08:22 AM   #1
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Ringer - anyone still watching? (spoilers ok)

I really like this show. More plot twists than I can remember in any show in a long time.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #2
dhelsley

My wife and I usually watch it the night it airs, although not live. It's become must see TV for us. With all the twists and fake outs and usually something at the end to make you want to see more. I hate that the ratings have been so low, although I can understand that it may not appeal to a large audience.
dhelsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

I'm hoping it comes back next year, but I'm thinking it's building up so that it doesn't. Who knows? It's fun, and I do like SMG.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #4
Dawghows

My wife and I are still watching, but we're four or five episodes behind at the moment. It's funny: when we're not watching I can only think how absurd the show is, but during each episode I buy into it completely.
Dawghows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

It's completely absurd, and there tons of holes in the story. But it's a guilty pleasure, and I like guilty pleasures
Old 04-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #6
cheesesteak
Meh.

The central premise of one twin sister suddenly committing and the other assuming her identity with nobody else figuring it is beyond absurd. Once I learned to accept that, I started liking the show a lot. The plot twists are insane.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #7
stellie93

Good show, but I don't think it's being renewed. I hope they wrap things up.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:57 PM   #8
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
Good show, but I don't think it's being renewed. I hope they wrap things up.
The ratings, you and I, and most others tend to agree, that Ringer is doomed to non-renewal, but I am still hoping that we are all wrong. I am not kidding myself though, it's an almost unbelievable long shot.

As far as the show is concerned, when it is finally finished, it will be a great DVD set as an extended miniseries. The unexpected just keeps on coming, and the weird thing is, after they reveal something and I am shocked, it dawns on me that it's logical (in the universe of this show) and I should have guessed it. That is actually skillful plotting.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #9
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

The guy that plays Henry just landed a pilot. Not a good sign but I suppose it doesn't necessarily mean cancellation. I watch this show every week and I love it. It's a lot of fun!!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #10
hummingbird_206

I'm still watching and loving it. I hope they wrap up the story in one season. Not because I'm tired of it, but I just don't want them to drag it out and ruin it just to keep it going.
hummingbird_206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #11
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
I'm still watching and loving it. I hope they wrap up the story in one season. Not because I'm tired of it, but I just don't want them to drag it out and ruin it just to keep it going.
I could easily see this as a show that gets ruined quickly in a second season. Bridgette will surely learn that Siobhan is still alive by the end of the season. A lot suspense will be gone once that happens.

Do you think Siobhan will give birth by the end of the season? Bridgette will probably have to deliver it. I bet it's not Henry's or Andrews baby. It could very well be the African American drivers baby.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:25 AM   #12
cheesesteak
Meh.

We actually saw Henry's kids this week.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #13
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
The ratings, you and I, and most others tend to agree, that Ringer is doomed to non-renewal, but I am still hoping that we are all wrong. I am not kidding myself though, it's an almost unbelievable long shot.

As far as the show is concerned, when it is finally finished, it will be a great DVD set as an extended miniseries. The unexpected just keeps on coming, and the weird thing is, after they reveal something and I am shocked, it dawns on me that it's logical (in the universe of this show) and I should have guessed it. That is actually skillful plotting.
Your right. Even though the premise makes little real world sense, in the Ringer world, everything that happens seems to fit the story line. They keep things moving alone and there's a lot of suspense. While I'd love to see this going another season, if they tie up the loose ends at the end of the season I will be satisfied with the one season fun ride.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #14
alpacaboy

It's just fluff about CW pretty people.
No, that's not a threadcrap. That's the reason I'm still watching the show.

I do think it's frustrating though how week after week, they tease that next week Bridget finds out that Siobhan is still alive. Just do it already!

Sometimes, it has kind of a "Wild Things" vibe to it without all the nakedness. Definitely with the teacher scam, but a couple other times - where it's glaring obvious that they didn't show you a conversation, something happens that could have multiple interpretations, then later they go back and show you something that happened that reverses what you thought you knew.
alpacaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #15
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

I'm enjoying it. Thought I was the only one still watching!

I was immensely gratified to learn I was RIGHT, that siobhan intended for bridget to assume her identity.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #16
Ruth
Now with toddler

So when they say 2 more episodes left, is that in the series, or the season?
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #17
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
The way things work now, it's probably two more episodes until the last episode before the season finale.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #18
Church AV Guy

Quote:
According to IMDB, there are two more episodes. That's it. Twenty-two episodes for the season. With the ratings it's getting, I would not expect Ringer to be renewed--I would be VERY surprised to see it renewed. See here.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Old 04-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #19
Ruth
Now with toddler

So are they going to wrap things up?
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #20
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
So are they going to wrap things up?
I would hope they have seen the writing on the wall for a while and will provide a fulfilling season finale.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #21
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
According to IMDB, there are two more episodes. That's it. Twenty-two episodes for the season. With the ratings it's getting, I would not expect Ringer to be renewed--I would be VERY surprised to see it renewed. See here.
Of course, I watch 2 of the shows on the chopping block (typical for me), Nikita and Ringer, so I'll bet both go.

While I enjoy both, if they go, I won't be overly disappointed. I have come to the realization that I watch WAY too much TV and that there's VERY few shows that are must see anymore. Even shows I've loved over the years, like Survivor or The Amazing Race or 30 Rock, if they go, I'll just move on to something else. Right now, the only show I could think of (outside of short season HBO shows) that I will miss if it gets canceled is Fringe.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:30 PM   #22
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Of course, I watch 2 of the shows on the chopping block (typical for me), Nikita and Ringer, so I'll bet both go.
I watch them both too, and I am really hopoing that they DON't go, but if they do, there are more shows out there.

I would like to see this mess completely untangled before the end of the season, but with only two shows left, it seems really unlikely. They are unlikely to be able to explain it all. They have done a good job of explaining some of the earliest issues though, like the dead body of the original assassin.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:27 AM   #23
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

I'm a little confused by this weeks episode. Catherine wanted it to look like Siobhan took some pills and then took a bath fully clothed?
Old 04-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #24
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

Could you please put that in spoiler tags?
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #25
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
Could you please put that in spoiler tags?
I don't undersstand your complaint. The thread says SPOILERS OK, and the episode aired yesterday, so why the spoiler tag coment?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
I'm a little confused by this weeks episode. Catherine wanted it to look like Siobhan took some pills and then took a bath fully clothed?
Cathrine wanted it to look like Siobhan had committed suicide. She wrote the suicide note on Siobhan's computer, put the pills on the floor like Siobhan had taken them, and then put her in the tub with the water running. A person contemplating suicide is unlikely to seriously consider having the proper attire for the occasion, so she didn't bother undressing her (and it is television after all).

The gotcha this week for me was the Olivia connection. I thought for sure that the person Olivia was on the phone with a couple of weeks ago was someone in the SEC. I was really surprised to see it's Cathrine.

No big shock at the end of this episode, but enough twists and turns. It really kept my interest. Next week is the season (and likely series) finale, and I wonder if they can really wrap this all up.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #26
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Quote:
I don't undersstand your complaint. The thread says SPOILERS OK, and the episode aired yesterday, so why the spoiler tag coment?

Cathrine wanted it to look like Siobhan had committed suicide. She wrote the suicide note on Siobhan's computer, put the pills on the floor like Siobhan had taken them, and then put her in the tub with the water running. A person contemplating suicide is unlikely to seriously consider having the proper attire for the occasion, so she didn't bother undressing her (and it is television after all).
I was under the impression she was trying to make it look like an accidental overdose. I feel like if you were trying to kill yourself you would just take the pills and hope they do it.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #27
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101 View Post
I was under the impression she was trying to make it look like an accidental overdose. I feel like if you were trying to kill yourself you would just take the pills and hope they do it.
Oh, yeah, I see what you mean. I guess I'll just say, it's television. Many suicides involve multiple simultaneous methods. Drowning with sleeping pills is not uncommon.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #28
stellie93

Are we supposed to know who the guy was with the hooker? He looked familiar, but I didn't know.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #29
cheesesteak
Meh.

I certainly wasn't expecting lesbians.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:18 AM   #30
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I certainly wasn't expecting lesbians.
Not that I was disappointed

I always like Andrea Roth from Rescue Me, and she's so over the top evil here, that her character is really fun.

So much of this is so preposterous that it borders on dumb, but, it's so much fun, that I just can't look away. Shame this probably won't be back.

One thing that really made me wonder. Why didn't Catherine wear gloves when she was setting up Bridgette/Shibhan for the suicide? Any police unit worth it's salt would have dusted for fingerprints and they would have been ALL over everything she did. Sure she was living there, but there would have been fresh prints on things like the shower faucet and the pill capsules and the note that there would have been no way she wouldn't have been a suspect. In the end it didn't matter though.

Also, does a suspended FBI agent still have jurisdiction to make arrests?