TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
hummingbird_206

The Vampire Diaries 3/29/2012 the Murder of One

Wow, kill an Original and their entire line dies? That's awesome! I love this show!
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
Wow, kill an Original and their entire line dies? That's awesome!
That's an interesting twist and a pretty cool one. I just hope Elijah is the blood line the Salvatore's fall under, as for Tyler Lockwood, you can't make an omelet without breaking hybrid eggs I guess. Unfortunately it only makes the problem of getting rid of the Klaus plot line seem less likely. I think this whole arc is too big for this show and serious.

At the start of the episode, I was on board with the whole plan especially when they hid what they were doing from Elana. Then a minute later we're sharing the plan with the one person that always seems to ruining things, Elana.

And **** Bonnie BTW. She's off undoing what took mommy original and Bonnie's whole blood line to accomplish, but I guess we couldn't be rid of Klaus that easily.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
billypritchard
Embiggener

Klaus is a big problem for the show, at least to me. I'm tired of him and their endless failures to kill him. He should have killed the Salvatores a long time ago. He needs Elena, not them.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #4
billypritchard
Embiggener

I did like the Scooby-ish pow-wow in the woods to discuss the plan. With Matt included!
Old 03-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #5
justen_m

If there is a way to kill Klaus, and keep Rebekah, I am all for it.
justen_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #6
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
That's an interesting twist and a pretty cool one. I just hope Elijah is the blood line the Salvatore's fall under, as for Tyler Lockwood, you can't make an omelet without breaking hybrid eggs I guess. Unfortunately it only makes the problem of getting rid of the Klaus plot line seem less likely. I think this whole arc is too big for this show and serious.

At the start of the episode, I was on board with the whole plan especially when they hid what they were doing from Elana. Then a minute later we're sharing the plan with the one person that always seems to ruining things, Elana.

And **** Bonnie BTW. She's off undoing what took mommy original and Bonnie's whole blood line to accomplish, but I guess we couldn't be rid of Klaus that easily.
I agree with this about Bonnie. I hate the character. The stupid crap Bonnie does is just too stupid to be believed. Elena does stupid crap, too, but I can believe it because she's young, and in love, and inexperienced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post
Klaus is a big problem for the show, at least to me. I'm tired of him and their endless failures to kill him. He should have killed the Salvatores a long time ago. He needs Elena, not them.
I like Klaus the character more and more. The actor, not so much. I really wish they had made the Elijah character a combo of Klaus and Elijah because I love that actor and totally bought in to him being the big bad. The actor who plays Klaus just isn't right for that role.

Quote:
I did like the Scooby-ish pow-wow in the woods to discuss the plan. With Matt included!
I agree, that was good. I'm liking Matt more and more when he's not dwelling on his sister and whining with Jeremy.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #7
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
That's an interesting twist and a pretty cool one.
You really think so? I called that the very minute they linked all the originals together and plotted their demise. Remember?
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
Elijah breaks my heart. He's always being betrayed or lied to. I wanted her to not let him take that drink so effing bad. As much as I detest Klaus I'd put up with him for Elijah. Gah. Why do they have to make it an all or nothing now?? I'm betting momma has more up her sleeve too. Maybe killing all the originals with the link will actually kill ALL vampires and the scooby gang can once again find out that Elena screwed up. So the new thing will be finding a way to break the link so they can't be killed.

Quote:
I just hope Elijah is the blood line the Salvatore's fall under, as for Tyler Lockwood, you can't make an omelet without breaking hybrid eggs I guess. Unfortunately it only makes the problem of getting rid of the Klaus plot line seem less likely. I think this whole arc is too big for this show and serious.
It will probably be Klaus that way they can kill off Elijah again, for good this time. What does it matter, he's back for barely a second and then either daggered or gone again. I'm ready for it. FU Julie Plec.

Quote:
I don't like Bonnie but she gets crapped on the most from these people. They ONLY time anyone cares anything about her is when they need to her do a spell.

Quote:
I've been so tired of him for so long now, it's killing my enjoyment of the show. Honestly, at this point in time we have no Elijah and no Tyler... they'll probably kill off Alaric and it'll just be all Klaus, all the time. They are lucky that I have such love for Ian or I'd probably just stop watching this show. As it is, I'll be here until the bitter end, hating myself along the way.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:24 PM   #8
robojerk

Quote:
You really think so? I called that the very minute they linked all the originals together and plotted their demise. Remember?
Credit is due where credit is due, I can't for the life of me commit to memory what everyone puts on these boards, but you called it.
Quote:
I don't like Bonnie but she gets crapped on the most from these people. They ONLY time anyone cares anything about her is when they need to her do a spell.
I gave her character a lot of passes up until now. I agree she only gets face time with these people only when the need some witch'ey to be done, but at least she's was always had some moral compass about "vampires prey on humans and are not cool." Now that's thrown out the window because she misses her mommy that has now abandoned her twice now.
Quote:
I've been so tired of him for so long now, it's killing my enjoyment of the show. Honestly, at this point in time we have no Elijah and no Tyler... they'll probably kill off Alaric and it'll just be all Klaus, all the time. They are lucky that I have such love for Ian or I'd probably just stop watching this show. As it is, I'll be here until the bitter end, hating myself along the way.
If Klaus is still alive by the end of this season I might have to quit this show. I don't watch it for the man candy like some people do , but it's turning into more frustration then enjoyment for me.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #9
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
If Klaus is still alive by the end of this season I might have to quit this show. I don't watch it for the man candy like some people do , but it's turning into more frustration then enjoyment for me.
Sadly I tuned in for Ian, stayed for the awesome, fast paced greatness this show started out with. Then it slowly dwindled to the eye candy. Now it seems I'm pretty much back to just being here for Ian.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:28 AM   #10
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
I spent half this episode wondering why the originals just don't kill Damon and Stefan. I'm going to be stuck wondering that every episode from now on. They don't need them for anything and they're a chronic pain in the originals' asses. These originals are pretty damn incompetent meglomaniacs. They're like the Dr. Evil of vampires.

Did Rebekah actually say "See you in physics class" to Bonnie? Why the @#$% is Rebekah in high school?

The whole "You're in love with Damon" thing is dumb. Keep Damon away from Elena. She'll make him boring like her. He's much better with bad girls.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:05 PM   #11
nyny523
Oy

The photo recap link at TV.com is all farked up

This has become my favorite part of watching the show!!!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #12
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

It was messed up for me for awhile but now it's good.

http://www.tv.com/news/the-vampire-d...o-recap-28258/

and heeee

Old 04-02-2012, 06:49 AM   #13
jeepair

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
Wow, kill an Original and their entire line dies? That's awesome! I love this show!
I kind of wish it was a side effect of Bonnie botching the uncoupling spell. Somehow she uncoupled the originals but linked each of them to the people they turned and so on and so on.
jeepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #14
billypritchard
Embiggener

I'm running a Vampire Diaries themed Werewolf game over in the Fun House. Come over and join us!

Werewolf: The Vampire Diaries!

If you don't know what I'm talking about, Werewolf is a multi-person social game we play on the forum. Every person has a role (ie, Stefan, Elena, Townsperson) and a goal. Nobody knows who is who and you try to figure it out. It's fun.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #15
cheesesteak
Meh.

Is my TiVo broken or did the CW shut down for a couple of weeks? No VD, Nikita or Supernatural for a couple of weeks.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #16
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Is my TiVo broken or did the CW shut down for a couple of weeks? No VD, Nikita or Supernatural for a couple of weeks.
If the CW was chopped down and no one was there to watch, would it make a sound?

I think TVD is back this week.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #17
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
If the CW was chopped down and no one was there to watch, would it make a sound?
I noticed. Including Ringer, there are four CW shows that I watch on a weekly basis right now. I don't know what that says about me but the CW might be my most watched network right now.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #18
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I noticed. Including Ringer, there are four CW shows that I watch on a weekly basis right now. I don't know what that says about me but the CW might be my most watched network right now.
*cough*teenage girl!*cough*

Old 04-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #19
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
*cough*teenage girl!*cough*

I'm not a teenage girl either, and I watch 6 shows on the CW right now, and have set an SP for a new one coming out soon, so that would be #7.