TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
Richard A
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 27
Software 20.2.a is needed for Comcast VOD not 20.2.0a

Just spoke with tech support at Tivo, seems the software 20.2.0a is a locked down version and will not allow Comcast's XFINITY app icons to show on Premiere boxes.

I was told an updated software version 20.2.a is needed which some people might already have, others in the SF Bay Area should be receiving this version sometime tonight or tomorrow. This software update will allow the XFINITY app icons to be "unlocked" and show up on the Premiere boxes. At that point it is up to Comcast to enable our boxes to send the signal for ON Demand.

Looking at the Announcement section on top of the both Tivo Coffee House - Tivo Discussion and TiVo Premiere DVRs, the "XFINITY Video On Demand for Tivo Premiere has launched in the San FRancisco Bay Area" thread states under the troubleshooting steps "software 20.2a or higher"

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2261

Last edited by Richard A : 04-10-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Richard A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:21 AM   #2
kerz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 22
It's now live for me. I'm on 20.2.0a-01-2-758.

Full details so far:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...77#post9042077
__________________
* Sony Series 1
* Sony Series 2 x 2
* TiVo Series 2 40 hour
* TiVo Series 2 DT 80 hour
* TiVo Series 3 x2
* TiVo Premier Elite

Last edited by kerz : 04-11-2012 at 01:05 AM.
kerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #3
TiVoStephen
formerly TiVoOpsMgr
 
TiVoStephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Alviso, CA, USA
Posts: 2,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard A View Post
Just spoke with tech support at Tivo, seems the software 20.2.0a is a locked down version and will not allow Comcast's XFINITY app icons to show on Premiere boxes.

I was told an updated software version 20.2.a is needed which some people might already have, others in the SF Bay Area should be receiving this version sometime tonight or tomorrow. This software update will allow the XFINITY app icons to be "unlocked" and show up on the Premiere boxes. At that point it is up to Comcast to enable our boxes to send the signal for ON Demand.

Looking at the Announcement section on top of the both Tivo Coffee House - Tivo Discussion and TiVo Premiere DVRs, the "XFINITY Video On Demand for Tivo Premiere has launched in the San FRancisco Bay Area" thread states under the troubleshooting steps "software 20.2a or higher"

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2261
Sorry for the confusion.

Our support article is incorrect and we'll be editing it as soon as we can.

The version you want for XFINITY VOD is 20.2.0a.

There's no such version as 20.2.a.

If you're running a version of 20.2 (without the .0a) then you'll need to be updated to 20.2.0a before you'll see the new VOD menu item. This will happen automatically if you're in the eligible area.

How do you know if you're eligible?

Please visit this page and enter your zip:

http://www3.tivo.com/products/source...xfinity_vanity

Please note that Series3 and earlier units are not eligible to use XFINITY VOD. Sorry.
__________________
E. Stephen Mack, Director of Operations at TiVo (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TiVoStephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #4
zabolots
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NW Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoStephen View Post
Please note that Series3 and earlier units are not eligible to use XFINITY VOD. Sorry.

Is the TiVo HD considered a "Series3" unit?
zabolots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
rhettf
R3T1CAL
 
rhettf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabolots View Post
Is the TiVo HD considered a "Series3" unit?
Yes

A Premier is a Series4
__________________
Tivo Roamio Pro + 1TB Expansion + Slingbox.
TiVo iPad & iPhone App.
Tivo Mini
rhettf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #6
Bighouse
200 Club Member
 
Bighouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Guerneville, CA
Posts: 693
I have a brand new Elite, software version 20.2.0a-01-2-C794, and according to my zip code I should be receiving xfinity vod within the next two weeks!
__________________
Series 1, 2, 3 & 4 Elite & Roamio Pro - Comcast
Bighouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #7
jrtroo
User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,152
Wait, what? Are you within the "footprint" SF area? Or could this be the start of a larger roll out?
__________________
TiVo Owner
jrtroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #8
Bighouse
200 Club Member
 
Bighouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Guerneville, CA
Posts: 693
I am about 70 miles north of San Francisco.
__________________
Series 1, 2, 3 & 4 Elite & Roamio Pro - Comcast
Bighouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #9
rhettf
R3T1CAL
 
rhettf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
Wait, what? Are you within the "footprint" SF area? Or could this be the start of a larger roll out?
The roll out is huge, its from Monterey to the end of Marin - much more than than just SF.

Monterey is a good 6 hour drive from my local.
__________________
Tivo Roamio Pro + 1TB Expansion + Slingbox.
TiVo iPad & iPhone App.
Tivo Mini
rhettf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #10
spikedavis
Registered User
 
spikedavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,786
I'm in Castro Valley and I've yet to see this pop up. >_<
spikedavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |