TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
mm2margaret
Meagan
 
mm2margaret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: northern california
Posts: 298
Mad Men - Season 5 Episode 4 4/8/12

Placeholder for S5 EP4.

Hope you all had a Great Easter!
__________________
Meagan

Last edited by mm2margaret : 04-08-2012 at 08:03 PM.
mm2margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe
 
kaszeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Grantham, NH
Posts: 19,982
AMCtv.com shows this title to be "Mystery Date".
kaszeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
mm2margaret
Meagan
 
mm2margaret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: northern california
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaszeta View Post
AMCtv.com shows this title to be "Mystery Date".
From the AMC web site, Mad Men:

Next on Mad Men: Episode 504
Season 5, Episode 4

“You’re married to me now.” Tune into the next episode of Mad Men, April 8 at 10/9c.

URL: http://www.amctv.com/mad-men/videos/...en-episode-504
__________________
Meagan
mm2margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #4
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe
 
kaszeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Grantham, NH
Posts: 19,982
Hmmm.

http://www.amctv.com/shows/mad-men/e...5/mystery-date
kaszeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #5
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista
 
photoshopgrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Boring Ohio
Posts: 3,775
My guide says Mystery Date too
__________________
~Cristina~
There ain't no me if there ain't no you.
photoshopgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #6
mm2margaret
Meagan
 
mm2margaret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: northern california
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaszeta View Post
Well, I do see the problem. IMDB says "mystery date", while other references across the web show "You're Married to Me Now" (wetpaint, for example).

I think, based on AMC's web site, and I mean the one I just browsed to, I'm going with "You're Married to Me Now".

I'll change it later if I'm wrong.

Anyone else try to browse to the AMC web site, then Mad Men, and see what it lists for them?
__________________
Meagan
mm2margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #7
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe
 
kaszeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Grantham, NH
Posts: 19,982
They obviously changed it. I wonder why (and which of us is right).
kaszeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #8
mm2margaret
Meagan
 
mm2margaret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: northern california
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaszeta View Post
They obviously changed it. I wonder why (and which of us is right).
Not sure. But, for me, this is easy. I didn't list a title the last time I started a Mad Men thread, and I don't see that it's really that important to list one now.
__________________
Meagan
mm2margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #9
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe
 
kaszeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Grantham, NH
Posts: 19,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm2margaret View Post
Not sure. But, for me, this is easy. I didn't list a title the last time I started a Mad Men thread, and I don't see that it's really that important to list one now.
You have a point.
kaszeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #10
mm2margaret
Meagan
 
mm2margaret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: northern california
Posts: 298
To Thread Participants: Title Confusion

Folks, there appears to some confusion over the title for this episode (S5E4). While your guide shows it as "Mystery Date", on AMC's web site, under the Mad Men banner, it lists the show title as "You're Married to Me Now".

I think we'll only know for sure once we see the actual video for the new show, therefore, for now we're just going to leave this thread alone, and that means no title.
__________________
Meagan
mm2margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #11
mwhip
All better
 
mwhip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dallas
Posts: 16,565
Why the eff are we using placeholder threads? If you have nothing to say in the first post then DON'T POST! *shakes head*

Plus the fact we have wasted the first 11 posts talking about nothing.

Now onto the show...Joan has some brass ones on her...love it!

Don having fever dreams and killing women...it was only a matter of time.
__________________
"It's not stealing if you need it. And you need it." - Inignot

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:47 PM   #12
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe
 
kaszeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Grantham, NH
Posts: 19,982
Yeah, loving Joan more and more.

Also loved Peggy's negotiating with Roger.
kaszeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:08 PM   #13
betts4
I am Spartacus!
 
betts4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: A Galaxy far, far away....
Posts: 27,104
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
Why the eff are we using placeholder threads? If you have nothing to say in the first post then DON'T POST! *shakes head*
I wondered this also. Why? it's not like we need to do it, just start a thread about the show. It's silly to do a "placeholder thread".

Anyway, l loved this episode.

Lots of spooky stuff going on. The mass murders, and the one that survived. Then Don pushing the dead woman under the bed. Like the nurse that survived. Daughter Sally under the couch. Like the dead woman or the nurse.

Very glad that Joan made that decision. I was cheering her on. I wanted the 'real' Joan back and am glad to see her again!

Grandma Francis is more interesting as we get to see more of her. "the burglar alarm" made me chuckle.
__________________
I agree with Betts. angbear1985
"You bettsed your claim" Bryhamm



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:19 PM   #14
tem
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,784
A very dark, female violence-saturated episode.

- Staff obsessing about Richard Speck murders
- Ginsberg pitches panty hose commercial featuring stalked damsel in distress
- Don kills floosy in fever dream
- Peggy & Dawn bond over Dawn's not feeling safe traveling alone
- Sally flips when reading the papers then Granny scares the hell out her
- Joan kicks Dr. Rapist out of the house.

Which man will show up behind the door of your "Mystery Date", indeed.

And the last shot of the preview for next week was 'interesting' to say the least.
tem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #15
john4200
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,287
Was the scene in Peggy's apartment with them staring at her purse for a few seconds supposed to indicate that Dawn thought Peggy didn't trust her and that is why she left early? I cannot think of anything else that scene was supposed to portray, but it just did not work for me. It seemed an overreaction, or overplayed, or something. I just did not believe that Dawn would react that way.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:59 AM   #16
JETarpon
Registered User
 
JETarpon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 907
Posts: 16,849
"Placeholder threads" are against the forum rules. If you just wait until the episode airs, as you are supposed to, then thread titles won't be a problem.
__________________
Sent from my electronic device.
JETarpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:17 AM   #17
Peter000
Registered User
 
Peter000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Red Wing, MN
Posts: 17,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Was the scene in Peggy's apartment with them staring at her purse for a few seconds supposed to indicate that Dawn thought Peggy didn't trust her and that is why she left early? I cannot think of anything else that scene was supposed to portray, but it just did not work for me. It seemed an overreaction, or overplayed, or something. I just did not believe that Dawn would react that way.
It was supposed to convey that Peggy thought for a moment that Dawn might steal something out of her purse, and Dawn realized that, and Peggy felt guilty about it. I thought it was actually pretty subtlety played. No dialog, timed and acted perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETarpon View Post
"Placeholder threads" are against the forum rules. If you just wait until the episode airs, as you are supposed to, then thread titles won't be a problem.
Lighten up, Francis.

The Episode title is "Mystery Date." I checked the episode guide on the official AMC site and that's what it now reads.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:23 AM   #18
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force
 
dianebrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: boston'ish
Posts: 7,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Was the scene in Peggy's apartment with them staring at her purse for a few seconds supposed to indicate that Dawn thought Peggy didn't trust her and that is why she left early? I cannot think of anything else that scene was supposed to portray, but it just did not work for me. It seemed an overreaction, or overplayed, or something. I just did not believe that Dawn would react that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000 View Post
It was supposed to convey that Peggy thought for a moment that Dawn might steal something out of her purse, and Dawn realized that, and Peggy felt guilty about it. I thought it was actually pretty subtlety played. No dialog, timed and acted perfectly.
Peggy had mentioned having a large amount of Roger provided money in her purse, that was what she was somewhat concerned about Dawn taking.

I picked up on the discussion between Dawn and very drunk Peggy about "acting like a man" and wondered if there wasn't a drunk pickup in store, they certainly led me down that path thanks to the scene in the office earlier with Peggy's friend stopping by.

Cinematically I found it interesting that they moved Peggy up on the arm of the couch making the normally smaller Peggy the more dominant partner in the discussion by occupying a superior position (also tied back to the previous comment) It was pretty clear they didn't want any misunderstanding that Peggy was in command.
__________________
"There is a distinct difference between having an open mind and having a hole in your head from which your brain leaks out."
dianebrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:14 AM   #19
Gunnyman
Super FunBall
 
Gunnyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 29,467
What a great episode. At first I wanted to hate Grandma Francis, but then I liked her, until she gave Sally SECONAL! in 10 years, she'll be at Studio 54 popping pills.
__________________
It's a sociological cornucopia of silliness.
Gamertag: GGwallen
Gunnyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #20
mwhip
All better
 
mwhip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dallas
Posts: 16,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyman View Post
What a great episode. At first I wanted to hate Grandma Francis, but then I liked her, until she gave Sally SECONAL! in 10 years, she'll be at Studio 54 popping pills.
Sally is a piece of work. I agree the stage is being set for when they progress she will be doing blow off a gay dude at 54.
__________________
"It's not stealing if you need it. And you need it." - Inignot

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #21
Gunnyman
Super FunBall
 
Gunnyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 29,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
Sally is a piece of work. I agree the stage is being set for when they progress she will be doing blow off a gay dude at 54.
NTTAWWT
__________________
It's a sociological cornucopia of silliness.
Gamertag: GGwallen
Gunnyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:24 AM   #22
Gunnyman
Super FunBall
 
Gunnyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Greenville SC
Posts: 29,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
Peggy had mentioned having a large amount of Roger provided money in her purse, that was what she was somewhat concerned about Dawn taking.

I picked up on the discussion between Dawn and very drunk Peggy about "acting like a man" and wondered if there wasn't a drunk pickup in store, they certainly led me down that path thanks to the scene in the office earlier with Peggy's friend stopping by.

Cinematically I found it interesting that they moved Peggy up on the arm of the couch making the normally smaller Peggy the more dominant partner in the discussion by occupying a superior position (also tied back to the previous comment) It was pretty clear they didn't want any misunderstanding that Peggy was in command.
I was glad to not see Peggy checking her purse after Dawn left.
__________________
It's a sociological cornucopia of silliness.
Gamertag: GGwallen
Gunnyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:29 AM   #23
mwhip
All better
 
mwhip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dallas
Posts: 16,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyman View Post
I was glad to not see Peggy checking her purse after Dawn left.
I think Peggy out of all the people on the show is really trying to be a better person. She is conscious of her decisions and is always making strides to do better and be better. Looking in the purse would have set her back. I think Peggy is the moral compass of this show.
__________________
"It's not stealing if you need it. And you need it." - Inignot

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #24
betts4
I am Spartacus!
 
betts4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: A Galaxy far, far away....
Posts: 27,104
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
I think Peggy out of all the people on the show is really trying to be a better person. She is conscious of her decisions and is always making strides to do better and be better. Looking in the purse would have set her back. I think Peggy is the moral compass of this show.
Nicely said.
__________________
I agree with Betts. angbear1985
"You bettsed your claim" Bryhamm



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #25
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe
 
kaszeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Grantham, NH
Posts: 19,982
And there's already a nice animated gif:


kaszeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #26
TiVo'Brien
Multi-year Veteran
 
TiVo'Brien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 6,590
Do you guys think Dawn placed the note directly on top of the purse on purpose?

Very much enjoyed the repartee between Pauline (Grandma Francis) and Sally. Their back-and-forth was contentious, but eventually we get a payoff: that Grandma Francis isn't just the off-putting, domineering matriarch we've seen up to now, rather that Sally might actually learn discipline from her and be influenced by her, even if it's not entirely positive. How long before Sally is sneaking Grandma's pills on the side? I enjoyed the delicate sexual references between them. "Well, because they can't."

Whoever wrote Ginsberg's Cinderella story did an excellent job. Very good writing. For such a simple thing, I was really drawn into the suspense of it. (And so was everybody in the room.) Is Ginsberg the Jewish Don Draper in training? Unconventional but brilliant?

Roger really has to get to work. How long in advance did he know about the Mohawk meeting on Monday and he hadn't yet done anything about it? Pathetic. Roger, buddy, get to work, dude. While you're at it, how about bringing in some business?

Dr. Rapist sure was full of himself last night. Good for Joan that she kicked him to the curb. He had a funny look about him all night like he wanted to say something. I kept waiting for him to recognize the truth about Kevin, "HEY! How come Kevin has Roger Sterling's eyes???" Instead, Capt. Rapist decides his loyalty lies with his army buddies, not Joan or Kevin. Now that Joan is a single mom, does this mean her mother will be sticking around? Will she get alimony from Greg?

Good episode. It'll be interesting to see how many more of Don's former sex partners we see him and Megan have to deal with this season. How much more awkwardness can their relationship handle?
TiVo'Brien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #27
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe
 
kaszeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Grantham, NH
Posts: 19,982
I was surprised (and for that matter, the character of Ken was, as well) that Don Draper wasn't more pissed. Yeah, he was pissed (I liked his bit about adding 'or else' to the end of each sentence[1]), but still relatively controlled. We're definitely seeing a more mellow Don.

Back in Season 1, his response to Pete for doing less was "Pete, I need you to go get a cardboard box. Put your things in it."

[1] Having once had a boss do that exact same thing.
kaszeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #28
TiVo'Brien
Multi-year Veteran
 
TiVo'Brien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 6,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaszeta View Post
And there's already a nice animated gif:........
I got a great big smile and chuckle out of the look of satisfaction and delight on Peggy's face.
TiVo'Brien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #29
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe
 
kaszeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Grantham, NH
Posts: 19,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVo'Brien View Post
Dr. Rapist sure was full of himself last night. Good for Joan that she kicked him to the curb. He had a funny look about him all night like he wanted to say something. I kept waiting for him to recognize the truth about Kevin, "HEY! How come Kevin has Roger Sterling's eyes???" Instead, Capt. Rapist decides his loyalty lies with his army buddies, not Joan or Kevin. Now that Joan is a single mom, does this mean her mother will be sticking around? Will she get alimony from Greg?
I suspect that the way this will resolve itself is for Dr Rapist to die in Vietnam.
kaszeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #30
TiVo'Brien
Multi-year Veteran
 
TiVo'Brien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 6,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaszeta View Post
I suspect that the way this will resolve itself is for Dr Rapist to die in Vietnam.
Hey, if they're still married, I think Joan will get some life insurance, yes?
TiVo'Brien is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVo® is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |