TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #1
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Fringe 04/06/2012 "Everything In Its Right Place"

Good episode, I thought. Lincoln has been a useful character and this sets up a clever way to reduce his presence in the show now that Peter is back and the old team is starting to come together. He needs an Olivia, and Bolivia now needs a Lincoln; since there's not much for him in the A-universe, here's predicting that he shifts to the other side permanently before long.

In other news, I'm glad the show has not dropped the thread of B-royles being dirty (or a shapeshifter himself). By the end of this episode, I was almost yelling for the light bulb to go on for someone about how the ambush came to be, but no. At least Blincoln seemed to have pieced it together. Presumably at some point Lincoln will remember his comment -- "who else knew we were moving the prisoner?" -- and figure it out.

Are we to assume that this new shapeshifter guy gets other people's memories, too? How else would he know where to go after he takes the shooter's form, and know what to do to destroy the facility when he got there?
cmontyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:42 AM   #2
Family

I have trouble even following the arc. Has it ever been determined in any universe what David Robert Jones motive is? Now that the universes are at peace can someone describe what the bad guys actually want?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the whole cross universe traveling was causing destruction in the fabric of space. Wasn't this once an issue? Now they travel between universes like taking a shuttle between two nearby cities.

As I said in previous threads the arc seems like a mess to me and difficult to keep track of. Good for Lincoln for getting an Olivia (and the hotter one to boot). But I don't care if B-royles and some Nina are shapeshifters. Maybe if they gave us a little more background on what the enemy is actually trying to accomplish I'd care more.

I'm waiting for an episode that makes me care, but now it's so late I don't think it can undo a blah season.
Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family View Post
I'm waiting for an episode that makes me care, but now it's so late I don't think it can undo a blah season.
This is me- I've given up and am waiting for next season.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #4
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Quote:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the whole cross universe traveling was causing destruction in the fabric of space. Wasn't this once an issue? Now they travel between universes like taking a shuttle between two nearby cities.
It was fixed by the machine sitting in the middle. They even said so in this episode.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #5
Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmontyburns View Post
It was fixed by the machine sitting in the middle. They even said so in this episode.
Thanks. Must have been said when I was dozing off which is now becoming common during Fringe episodes.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #6
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
This is me- I've given up and am waiting for next season.
I wouldn't be confident that there will be a next season, they've had dreadful ratings this year.

I'm somewhat concerned they're saying confidently that they are not getting ready for this seasons finale to be be a series finale, but that it could work as such; me, I'd like to see a finale with closure.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #7
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Current speculation is that Fringe will be back for a shortened finale season next year.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #8
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I enjoyed this episode and liked seeing what the other side was up to. I thought that conversation between Lincoln and Bolivia where she said, "You may toil away in secret over there, but here, you're heroes" was very significant. Lincoln has no reason to stay on the other side. His partner is dead. The woman he has a crush on has a true love of her own. He's going to enjoy being a hero on the other side.

It will also be interesting to see what kind of intel they can get from the turncoat shapeshifter.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #9
Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I enjoyed this episode and liked seeing what the other side was up to. I thought that conversation between Lincoln and Bolivia where she said, "You may toil away in secret over there, but here, you're heroes" was very significant. Lincoln has no reason to stay on the other side. His partner is dead. The woman he has a crush on has a true love of her own. He's going to enjoy being a hero on the other side.
Yes that was cool about this episode. My point is simply since the show is "walking the plank" and the writers say they have many seasons left couldn't this have been half an episode combined with last weeks horrible effort? This season could have been consolidated by 50% and then it might have been good.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #10
JYoung
Series 3

Thought that this was another good episode in an enjoyable season.

I liked seeing Lincoln as the focus here.
He's (sort of) moving on and trying to be his own man.

Also liked seeing more of Fake Nina.
They seem to be putting the pieces in place for the final arc of this season.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #11
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Well, the love sick puppy thing is wearing thin on me.

But I do agree (and I'm pretty sure most would) that Lincoln traded up in terms of which Olivia to get
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:54 PM   #12
Peter000

Really liked this episode! I've been a Lincoln fan (both sides) since he first appeared. Hopefully he'll do better with Bolivia.

I agree this season has been slow at times, but it's still the show I look forward to most every week.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #13
JYoung
Series 3

I was also amused when Captain Lincoln referred to their Batman as Mantis.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:42 PM   #14
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung
I was also amused when Captain Lincoln referred to their Batman as Mantis.
I remember that show, but not until just now following your link did I realize that Carl Lumbly from ALIAS was the lead character in it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
danterner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #15
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000
Really liked this episode! I've been a Lincoln fan (both sides) since he first appeared. Hopefully he'll do better with Bolivia.
I feel the same. I know a lot of people were bent that he seemed to be replacing Peter at the beginning of the season but I have enjoyed the character from the start. I actually like our Lincoln better than alt just because he seems so much more grounded. I feel like I got to know more about him in one season than we learned about alt Lincoln all along. I was sad alt was killed but at the same time happy that it seems to mean ours will get his Olivia after all. Happy endings for all! (except dead Lincoln RIP)
Old 04-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #16
steve614
what ru lookin at?

The sad thing for Lincoln is now he'll never get to satisfy his curiosity on how his and alt Lincoln's lives diverged to have different personalities.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #17
AeneaGames

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
The sad thing for Lincoln is now he'll never get to satisfy his curiosity on how his and alt Lincoln's lives diverged to have different personalities.
I think it is because he met Olivia way earlier....
AeneaGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:08 AM   #18
Peter000

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614
I think it' was Bolivia that was the main difference in the Lincolns' lives. That and Alt-Fringe and Earth in general just have different vibes.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #19
Family

A question I have with the alternate universe. We see entirely different Walters, Astrids, Lincoln's, Olivia's (really everybody). How can the universes be even remotely as similar as they are depicted after thousands of generations of mankind? How is it possible that "the Lincoln's" experiences would be with the same people when everyone we know is this much different to begin.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:57 AM   #20
Peter000

Quote:
A question I have with the alternate universe. We see entirely different Walters, Astrids, Lincoln's, Olivia's (really everybody). How can the universes be even remotely as similar as they are depicted after thousands of generations of mankind? How is it possible that "the Lincoln's" experiences would be with the same people when everyone we know is this much different to begin.
Because the writers wrote it that way?
Old 04-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #21
Wil
Senile Member

Quote:
Because there are countless trillions of trillions (etc. etc. etc. towards infinity) of universes where their paths diverged as you suggest. And countless more that are even more similar. All of these among, of course, those multitudes that are not similar at all.

We just happen to be seeing a story about two _somewhat_ similar universes that happen to be linked. Is that logical, does it make any sense? Sure, because if they weren't somewhat similar, and linked, we'd have no story. But they are and so we do.
Wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #22
robojerk

I could have sworn they admitted that the earlier versions of the shapeshifters belonged to Walternate. Did I miss something?
Old 04-08-2012, 03:01 PM   #23
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
I could have sworn they admitted that the earlier versions of the shapeshifters belonged to Walternate. Did I miss something?
They BLAMED Walternate, but one of his guys was doing it, there was never an official connection to Walternate in the big picture.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:51 PM   #24
BitbyBlit

If you have a crush on someone, you better hope Fringe writers aren't writing your life.

First, someone who should not be alive in your timeline will suddenly appear, and convert the object of your affection into the person who was in love with him or her in the alternate timeline. Then the writers will feel bad for you, and kill off your alternate universe counterpart so you can make a move on the alternate universe object of your affection. Which I suppose is somewhat of a win for you, but you'll probably feel horrible about liking it.

Of course, you really better hope that there isn't an alternate universe version of you who has a crush on someone who was deeply in love with someone else in another timeline. Things do not bode well for you.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:05 AM   #25
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitbyBlit View Post
If you have a crush on someone, you better hope Fringe writers aren't writing your life.
To be fair, that's true of TV writers in general. Happy couples are boring.

The difference with Fringe is they have a wider range of potential problems to throw in the lovers' path.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #26
cheesesteak
Meh.

This episode lost me when the shape shifter pulled the garden hose out of his throat and stuck it in the other guy's mouth.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #27
Peter000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak
This episode lost me when the shape shifter pulled the garden hose out of his throat and stuck it in the other guy's mouth.
Because it was gross? Unbelievable? Both?
Old 04-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #28
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I thought that was especially interesting since later on models had the box with the wires and the 2 palate prongs, but this guy being the prototype was very different.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #29
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Oh and my favorite funny from the night was: Alt-livia to the Lincolns: "Girls, you might want to get off the line, because some of us are trying to work here."
Old 04-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #30
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

I was annoyed that the sniper missed. If they wanted to kill someone, they could have easily had him take the bullet a different way. A hired sniper killer missing is kind of stupid. This wasn't exactly a hard shot.
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote