Family

Justified 4/3/2012

Wow!
Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #2
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

Boom!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Is Tom dead? What about Dickie? Who is Raylan going to kill in the finale?

- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #4
Idearat

And now we know the Loretta is a little rich girl. She won't have to sell pot to her classmates to make ends meet.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #5
VegasVic
Craps Player

I don't know why but I wasn't really happy with this episode. Great dialogue as always but it almost seemed like a "wasted" episode, everything still comes down to next week. Quarles gets away again (twice). A bit too predictable. We all knew Quarles was going to get out of the trailer, that Dickie would try to shoot Raylan and of course get shot himself.

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I was let down a bit. Still love the show, still looking forward to the finale next week.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #6
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

The most interesting thing to me is that Limehouse was a man of his word the whole time. Mags wanted the money to go to Loretta. Limehouse wasn't screwing Dickie... Mags was. Limehouse just used the situation to wipe out the competition.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #7
VegasVic
Craps Player

Maybe next season we'll have special guest stars Van Halen performing at Loretta's bday party
Old 04-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #8
rimler

I predict Dickie is not dead. Good confrontation, but not good enough for the end of Dickie. As for Tom, I have a bad feeling about him.

Dunno the actor that played the state cop, but he fit the mold, reminded me of every state cop that's pulled me over the last 30 years
rimler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #9
VegasVic
Craps Player

I agree, no way Dickie is dead or they would have showed he was dead. What happened to Boyd? It looked like he was knocked out by the blast but I didn't see him lying there at the end.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #10
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
What happened to Boyd? It looked like he was knocked out by the blast but I didn't see him lying there at the end.

He was running away when the blast happened, since he heard the oh-so-convenient "beep beep beep" of the detonator before it went off.

He'll be fine.

Every time I'm drying off from a shower I think of my childhood buddy's father. - mcthumber
scooterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #11
Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
I agree, no way Dickie is dead or they would have showed he was dead. What happened to Boyd? It looked like he was knocked out by the blast but I didn't see him lying there at the end.
I believe I saw Boyd lying motionless.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #12
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family View Post
I believe I saw Boyd lying motionless.
Yeah, he was still laying there unconscious.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #13
philw1776

Boyd was further away than Quarrels and he's Boyd so we know he's OK. That Dr Detroit is quite the escape artist. Hated to see the trooper Dad get shot.
Put me in the camp who thought this episode mediocre for the series. Lacked the dozen memorable lines we've grown to love. Did like the reveal about Limehouse's disposition of Mags money, well in character and well set up by the writers.
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:00 AM   #14
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

What bothered me about Quarles getting the drop on the Trooper was that I thought I saw Quarles' rig seemingly broken and hanging down from his arm when he got up and the Trooper was shouting at him.

Of course the whole Quarles in the trailer setup was just absurd.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #15
VegasVic
Craps Player

Yeah Boyd will be fine, I just wasn't sure if he was still lying there or if he took off like Quarles did. And I agree, the whole trailer thing was a waste of time. We all knew he was going to get the drop on them and get away. Although given his state of mind I'm a little surprised he took the time to tie them all up instead of just killing them.

Am I "misremembering" or was Art not in this one?

I did like the scene where Boyd put the plastic bag over Dickie's head.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #16
Zevida
witless and unarmed

I agree that Dickie is not dead and that bothers me. Raylan is supposed to be a badass shot and he always shoots to kill. They explained it away that Boyd didn't die in the beginning of the series, but I don't like that yet again Raylan has shot someone from close range who probably isn't going to die. Dickie is a great character, so I don't want him dead, but then they shouldn't have had a showdown with him and Raylan.

Raylan baiting him to raise his gun was pretty awesome though.

- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #17
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBrake View Post
Yeah, he was still laying there unconscious.
At first. But when the camera looked at the same spot later, it was empty. So he must have woken up and slipped away (or, less likely, been carried off by...somebody).
Old 04-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #18
Family

I really liked this episode. While it might not have had the soundbite one liners that others have had each line of dialogue was superb. I thought Limehouse turning out to be a standup guy was great as was the Dickie storyline. I wasn't bothered that Quarles got away... they saved that massacre for next week.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #19
Idearat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBrake View Post
What bothered me about Quarles getting the drop on the Trooper was that I thought I saw Quarles' rig seemingly broken and hanging down from his arm when he got up and the Trooper was shouting at him.
That's what I saw too, so I was surprised to what looked like him getting the drop on the trooper. I can't imagine any of the other guys we saw shooting the trooper rather than Quarles so it does lead you to think he shot first.

I would have expected the trooper to be wearing a vest though. Especially when on the trail of these characters.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #20
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idearat View Post
I would have expected the trooper to be wearing a vest though. Especially when on the trail of these characters.
Even more so when he was coming from staking out the bank where he expected to catch folks in the act.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #21
philw1776

Quote:
I really liked this episode. While it might not have had the soundbite one liners that others have had each line of dialogue was superb. I thought Limehouse turning out to be a standup guy was great as was the Dickie storyline. I wasn't bothered that Quarles got away... they saved that massacre for next week.
Wait! I did love Quarrels' dialog when he mentioned 'Platoon' and the big hookah Mouse only knew about 'Cocoon'.
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #22
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
I agree that Dickie is not dead and that bothers me. Raylan is supposed to be a badass shot and he always shoots to kill. They explained it away that Boyd didn't die in the beginning of the series, but I don't like that yet again Raylan has shot someone from close range who probably isn't going to die. Dickie is a great character, so I don't want him dead, but then they shouldn't have had a showdown with him and Raylan.

Raylan baiting him to raise his gun was pretty awesome though.
I bet that his boss would LOVE for him to wound people once and a while
Old 04-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #23
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
I bet that his boss would LOVE for him to wound people once and a while
But then they'd have to come up with a new title for the show, since his defining characteristic is his penchant for creating situations where killing the other guy is justified!
Old 04-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #24
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
At first. But when the camera looked at the same spot later, it was empty. So he must have woken up and slipped away (or, less likely, been carried off by...somebody).
Boyd's body is still there when Raylan and other officers show up and Johnny says "Quarles did it. Quarles shot him" about Tom.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #25
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
Boyd's body is still there when Raylan and other officers show up and Johnny says "Quarles did it. Quarles shot him" about Tom.
I don't know exactly when, but there was a very gratuitous shot of the spot where Boyd had earlier been lying unconscious, now empty. So they wanted us to know that he was gone.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #26
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I don't know exactly when, but there was a very gratuitous shot of the spot where Boyd had earlier been lying unconscious, now empty. So they wanted us to know that he was gone.
Watch it again. He's there.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #27
Family

Quote:
Yup just looked. He's there.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #28
pkscout

Quote:
That's what I saw too, so I was surprised to what looked like him getting the drop on the trooper. I can't imagine any of the other guys we saw shooting the trooper rather than Quarles so it does lead you to think he shot first.

My wife and I thought the sound of the gun shot was much louder than we would have expected from Quarles' hidden gun. I'm wondering if when Quarles rolled out the fire he ended up close enough to Boyd's gun to grab it. Did we see both Quarles' hands or just the one with the pea shooter?
pkscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #29
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Quote:
Yup just looked. He's there.
Well, I'll take your word for it...
Old 04-04-2012, 09:35 PM   #30
rimler

Quote:

I can see Quarrels getting the drop on an officer who isn't aware of the fancy gun. Cops are trained to react, and Quarrels is very fast with that hideout gun. Definitely within the realm.

Every time I've paid attention, the state cop has been wearing a vest. I'm sure he was in this ep. There really is no such thing as a "bullet proof" vest that civilian cops wear...it's really called "soft body armor." And a small round is more likely to defeat a vest than a big heavy round. A .32 round is pretty small.
rimler is offline   Reply With Quote