TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-20-2014, 12:19 PM   #1
Gerryex

Shameless "My Oldest Daughter" 1/19/14 **SPOILERS**

WOW, so far a great new season. There were two scenes where I had a real good laugh. The first was when the Dr. tells Veronica she having triplets making a total of 4 children she and Kevin will have to take care of. And the bar is not as profitable as he thought it was.

The second LOL scene for me was when Lip offered himself for sex to a girl from his neighborhood and she majorly turned him down. So then he had sex with the chubby girl and her breasts were hitting him in the face. Priceless!!!

Note to Fiona: DO NOT SCREW UP your new relationship!! You now have a good paying job with health benefits for you AND your family. You're a natural salesperson and could do really well. So put up with you boss/boyfriend's idiosyncrasies and try to have a more normal life!

Note to Debbie: BE CAREFULL of what you're getting yourself into. You may be moving too fast!! (I'm surprised her "boyfriend" didn't freak out when she told him she was only 13. Depending on what happens next he could be committing statutory rape!)

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:33 PM   #2
dimented
Comfortably Numb

I miss Jimmy and Ian.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:37 PM   #3
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryex View Post
...Note to Debbie: BE CAREFULL of what you're getting yourself into. You may be moving too fast!! (I'm surprised her "boyfriend" didn't freak out when she told him she was only 13. Depending on what happens next he could be committing statutory rape!)
There is no statutory rape law in Illinois. I guess there are other charges instead. (Based on the cop telling us in high school, "You can't rape a statue.")

Debbie's new BF hasn't shown any sign of wanting to take advantage of Debbie. He may really be decent to her as a friend and still get nailed for appearances.

What Lip is (or needs to be) learning is that he can't hot-sh* and blind walk through school when he's with the smart kids. It can go either way: he takes it seriously and buckles down, or he blows it all and resigns himself to go back to a life of hustling. Lip needs that Prof who laid it out for him - a counselor who knows teh street.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:11 AM   #4
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Just a reminder, the title of the show is "Shameless" not "Prudence." If someone has something good going, they're going to screw it up and not learn a lesson from the experience.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:13 AM   #5
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Frank using a dropped to put alcohol in his eyes... OUCH!
Old 01-21-2014, 07:40 AM   #6
brebeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimented View Post
I miss Jimmy and Ian.
I do, too!
And, to the poster giving advice to Debbie and Fiona.....I agree with the follow up poster who said the show is named "Shameless" not Prudence.
Although I hope they keep showing redeeeming qualities in some of the characters, it would be totally "non-shameless' for folks to 'do the right thing'.

I especially don't want it to be "just the girls" who do the right thing.

Carl is a "mini-me" of Frank. Totally will be Frank in another 8-10 years.
brebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:10 AM   #7
markymark_ctown

So many genuine LOL moments. The already mentioned scene announcing the triplets and his magic penis. The Lip party/sex scenes. And almost every line uttered by Carl...damn is he funny, but ya, he is gonna take after Dad.

Funniest show on TV...
markymark_ctown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:25 AM   #8
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakzie View Post
Frank using a dropped to put alcohol in his eyes... OUCH!
Here's mud in your eye!
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:42 AM   #9
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Note to Debbie: BE CAREFULL of what you're getting yourself into. You may be moving too fast!! (I'm surprised her "boyfriend" didn't freak out when she told him she was only 13. Depending on what happens next he could be committing statutory rape!)
I suspect the guy picked Debbie because he knew she was [around] 13. Based on his reaction when she blurted it out, no way her age is unexpected.

And then there's simply that the writers of this UK ripoff are so predictable there's no way they create a storyline without something like this as a major part of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:52 AM   #10
Gerryex

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
Just a reminder, the title of the show is "Shameless" not "Prudence." If someone has something good going, they're going to screw it up and not learn a lesson from the experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brebeans View Post
And, to the poster giving advice to Debbie and Fiona.....I agree with the follow up poster who said the show is named "Shameless" not Prudence.
Oh I know! My advise to Fiona and Debbie was more rhetorical than anything else as I'm sure they WILL screw things up!!! They are Gallaghers after all!!

Gerry
Old 01-21-2014, 03:36 PM   #11
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Note to Fiona: DO NOT SCREW UP your new relationship!!
Do you even WATCH this show?!?

Old 01-21-2014, 03:41 PM   #12
Gerryex

Quote:
. . . as I'm sure they WILL screw things up!!! They are Gallaghers after all!!
Gerry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Do you even WATCH this show?!?

YES, I do!!!

Old 01-21-2014, 04:19 PM   #13
efilippi

I think Lip is about to make a life decision. He has always been the smartest guy and the one who in his group of friends/family can get away with anything, always coming out on top. But he sees that is over.

First was the English class and I am so happy that the TA handled it like he did and showed Lip that what he was doing was truly juvenile and that other people here were smart enough to know it. Then he gets blown out of the water by both the Econ tutor and the home town girl from the old neighborhood. Stuck with the leftover girl who was actually using him more than he was using her. Ha.

So at least he can go back and hang out with his workmates, and 'blaze' for a while but nope, even they have responsibilities and other things to do, leaving him alone, by the dumpster, blazing.

I have no idea which way he will flip but I fear the worst.
efilippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:35 PM   #14
zalusky

If you look at all the promo pictures for the season, they sort of indicate a "Chuck It All" reaction to to life for each of the characters.

I suspect we will see a reset back the characters we knew last season.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:39 PM   #15
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

I know a medical doctor/professor who actually lived that scene with the tutor. He's a Hispanic pediatrician giving a lecture at the university.

The students who he was waiting with dissed him and wanted to know why the janitor was hanging out and going into the lecture hall.

He was very insulted.

They were shocked when he took the podium.
UVerse and OTA

Old 01-21-2014, 06:32 PM   #16
jamesbobo
with a grain of salt

I have to wonder about the child actors on this show. Imagine they were your kids. How do you explain to your young son that he really shouldn't "whack it" while sitting in his school desk.
I noticed for the first time that there is a disclaimer at the end of the show stating that all sex acts are performed by people at least 18 years old.
PS. I don't have any kids, just wondering how comfortable you would be if your kid was on this show.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:27 PM   #17
zalusky

I suspect that some things like for example the "Going down" video Debbie's friends were watching may have been CGI'd and/or done with shots where the kids were not in the room.

I know on Mad Men the scene where Kiernan walks in on Jon Hamm with the downstairs lady was done in such a way that she never saw the actual event.

Ian did not start doing butt scenes until he reached his 18th birthday.

That being said I don't their completely sheltered to whats going on.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:42 PM   #18
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

I think the child actors probably have a very proper sexual education.....which is a lot more than most kids get. I think they know they are playing characters and that their characters are not very good people. I'm certain the parents of these children were warned before an audition was ever held.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:10 AM   #19
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbobo View Post
...I noticed for the first time that there is a disclaimer at the end of the show stating that all sex acts are performed by people at least 18 years old.
Being that the only sex act shown was the floozy that Lip hooked up with the party. The only other was a shot of Emmy's boobs and the BF's bare butt last week in the typical sex under blankets scene.

It is rated TV-MA, LSV
UVerse and OTA

Old 01-22-2014, 11:43 AM   #20
Jonathan_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
I suspect that some things like for example the "Going down" video Debbie's friends were watching may have been CGI'd and/or done with shots where the kids were not in the room.

I know on Mad Men the scene where Kiernan walks in on Jon Hamm with the downstairs lady was done in such a way that she never saw the actual event.

Ian did not start doing butt scenes until he reached his 18th birthday.

That being said I don't their completely sheltered to whats going on.
I seem to recall something from the actress who plays Debbie about not getting to watch most of the filming, and the scenes being carefully set to limit what the younger kids were exposed to in terms of visuals or dialog.

So you have scenes where careful camera work implies the kids are there the whole time, but they're only on set for specific parts of that apparently continuous scene.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:29 PM   #21
nyny523
Oy

Kevin in the hospital with the magic penis.

I haven't laughed that much at a TV show in a LONG time!!!

They are setting ALL of these characters up for a long, hard fall.

As long as it is that funny, I am IN!!!