TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-24-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
eof909

Arrow "Will transfer later" sent to To Do list never transfers

Hi. I have been transferring shows for a while from Vuze onto my TiVo. So I convert them within Vuze, then transfer them onto TiVo (Series 2, software version 9.3.2b). Then I go into my computer which shows up under the "Now Playing List"; i find the show, select it and select "Transfer this recording". Normally it will begin transferring and note that the video may be sporadic if I watch it while transferring. But instead of starting the transfer, my tivo now says it "will transfer later" and adds it to my To Do list (where it is the only task). I have no idea why it's not transferring and have never had this problem in probably 50-60 transfers.

I have read other posts about rebooting the tivo and PC and have done this to no avail. I have cleared out the To Do list then tried again with no success. I have read another post about perhaps having something stuck in Tivo/Cache on the PC but can't find that folder (if it exists).

Does anyone know how to solve this?? Or any suggestions? I sincerely appreciate any help.

tx,
-e
eof909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:59 PM   #2
Murdoc187

I have exactly the same problem except in a noob at this and have not successfully transfered any video at all. I even tried to transfer some .tivo files and still goes to todo list. Very frustrating that i cannot get it to work.
Murdoc187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #3
gregscott

I am having the same problem. I was transferring a movie from my computer to my tivo and turned off the computer in the middle of the transfer. I turned to computer back on the next day and the transfer did not resume. I tried to transfer a different file and it said that it would be added to the to do list and its been several hours and nothing has transferred yet. I don't see it in the to do list either.
gregscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
daveak
Series 3 Novice

Reboot the TiVo, try again.
daveak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #5
dwpatterson

anyone ever find a solution to this problem? rebooting tivo did not help.
dwpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:56 PM   #6
steve614
what ru lookin at?

I have encountered a similar situation and posted about it here.
http://tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sho...36#post8081036

Basically, the Tivo thinks there is a transfer already in progress, and the solution I have found is to reboot your entire network. This includes the Tivo(s), PC, and router/cable modem. The trick is to not cancel any pending transfers on the Tivo with the problem and to not restart everything at the same time. Let individual components start up and become stable before you restart the next, starting with the PC/network, and then individual Tivos last.
I have found that a pending transfer must reset something in the Tivo software upon reboot, whereas, if you don't have a pending transfer, nothing changes. This has only happened to me once, so I may have been lucky that what I did fixed my problem, so YMMV.
There could be other reasons why this happening to you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!

Last edited by steve614 : 09-13-2010 at 07:03 PM.
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:33 AM   #7
dwpatterson

thanks for the reply. i'll give it a go.
dwpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:14 AM   #8
ddphillips

Had the same situation and found it was .MOV (Apple Quicktime) file I was trying to transfer. Come to find out, TiVo chokes on a Quicktime files. Try to Google "TiVi Quicktime" for more information. I converted the file to .AVI and it transferred and played just fine. Who would have known...
ddphillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #9
Raymond Day

I am not sure but does this only happen when running pyTivo?

If not I guess something wrong with the video. It my work to convert it to some other format. I don't think any one has found a real fix to this.

I just know it started about a year or less ago to me.

-Raymond Day
Raymond Day is offline   Reply With Quote